Main Street Hub

Updated 16 December 2014
3.7

Main Street Hub Co-Founder & Co-CEO Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart
Andrew Allison & Matt Stuart

Pros
  • You will also make a lot of money along the way (in 6 reviews)

• No matter what work is work, but at MSH they give you an opportunity to make a lot of money, if you can figure out the sale (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management claims to care about employees, but will fire them at the drop of a hat (in 9 reviews)

• Limited room for growth within the organization as they seem to love to promote externally (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Work Really Hard With Really Awesome People

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture, super smart and creative people, good pay on the CSM side if you're a hard worker and focused.

Cons

Again, you're gonna put in long hours and the job can be stressful -- especially being short-staffed. To this point, culture fit is extremely important to everyone who works here, so it balances out.

Keep hiring great people and scaling responsibly!

Own your experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Main Street Hub is a place where you get out of it what you put into it. I really believe there are some real opportunities at this company. There are going to be some tough days, some tough weeks, but in the end, your hard work will pay off, and to me, that makes it all worth it.

Cons

We're a startup -- that fact alone is not a con, but there will be some times when things don't go quite to plan. You need to be prepared to roll with the punches sometimes. If nothing else, it keeps things exciting and makes you feel like you're really helping to build this company from the ground up.

We're growing quickly. Make sure we continue to invest in our people (professional growth opportunities, cost of living increases) to promote the culture that we've all grown to love.

Great culture and opportunity

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time

Pros

- The culture and values are great. Leadership focuses a lot on it, and it shows.
    - The people are top-notch. Fun, hard-working, and inspiring.
    - It's rewarding to come to work every day to help small businesses.
    - The pace of change is thrilling. Lots of growth and progress in the company.

Cons

- None. Other people mentioned growing pains, and while that's true, I think the company does a good job of responding to areas for improvement.

Great place to work

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Main Street Hub is a fast-paced environment offering a chance to be a part of a unique company that is embarking on a significant market and opportunity. It starts at the top, as the management team is exemplary and sets a high standard that drives excellence in all areas of the company. The ability to interact with all aspects of the business in this non-hierarchical organization offers rare career advancement. Further, the company just moved into amazing office space in downtown Austin and offers a vibrant and youthful group of employees who make it enjoyable to come to work every day.

Cons

The company has grown so quickly that some of the infrastructure and processes need to catch up with the growth, but I'm confident that it will happen soon as we continue to mature as a company.

A rare find!

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You get out what you put in, which in both cases is a lot. This is a great environment and opportunity for people who are serious about working hard, standing out and making an impact. Everything about this place is authentic. The core values you see on the website are living and breathing inside the office. The co-CEOs are sharp, committed, and accessible. The leadership team is driven, thoughtful, and collaborative. Team members are talented, supportive, and appropriately competitive. The customers are local heroes, each with their own story, who need our help.

This isn’t your little brother’s startup where beer is king and opportunities are shallow. This is a real opportunity to build something incredible, invest in your career, and have a lot of fun while doing it.

Cons

We have more exciting ideas than we do hours in the day to implement them. When moving this quickly some things are bound to break. The team is making the right investment in resources to make sure the company can continue to grow without sacrificing culture.

Continue to invest in channels to collect employee feedback, and keep the core values at the heart of everything we're doing.

Customer Success Manager

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are a lot of pro's to talk about but some of the key ones that attracted me and have kept me here is the office culture. It is a great working environment which is open and collaborative. There is music, food, drinks (and beer kegs!) The leadership team are all awesome. They really listen to any feedback you have and give consistent feedback to help you grow professionally. The CSM team are great peers to work alongside and also support you along the way. They have flexi-time and a good PTO structure.

Cons

No 401(k), no employee parking.

We're growing so fast that sometimes it's hard to meet/keep up with all of the new people. More team events would help with this.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Main Street Hub is a fantastic place to work. It's a great environment to learn, develop, and truly help local businesses. The company is all about their core values and you can see them from the top down. I've never worked with more intelligent, driven and caring people. It's definitely a challenge, but well worth the effort.

Cons

Since the company is growing rapidly, there are definite growing pains. However, the leadership team is working on alleviating those as quickly as possible and setting the company up for success in the future.

Customer Success Manager

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Main Street Hub full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Main Street Hub has given me so much amazing experience to help build my career. Culture is of the utmost importance to leadership here, and it starts at the very top of the organization. The people are really what make MSH a great place to work. There are countless social activities, spiffs to earn extra perks, and opportunities for professional development.

The customer success role is a combination of sales and service. We are regularly up-selling accounts, closing referral leads, and saving customers who think they want to cancel our service. You have a lot of autonomy with your day-to-day. There's a lot to accomplish, but it's up to you how to do it for the most part. Essentially, you're given the playbook on how to be successful, but you decide when to run each play. Managing a book of customers is almost like running your own little consulting business, so the experience is priceless.

Speak up when you need help, and your seniors, team leads, or other upper-level managers are prepared to help you. Don't have sales experience? Don't worry — neither did I. Just don't be scared to jump in. You may stumble a little along the way, but there are many resources to help you learn to sell.

Cons

We've grown so fast in the last year that we've experienced a couple minor growing pains. Something to be expected in a start up environment, and honestly, keeps things exciting.

Sometimes the 9-6 schedule can be a little strict, but we have flex time (which does not count against your PTO) to let you leave the office up to 4 hours of the day if you need to.

Stay hyper-focused on our culture and values. Hire rock-stars who are motivated to level up the team. MSH is going places, big places, and we're gonna need some talented help to get there.

Great company and Vision

I have been working at Main Street Hub

Pros

Competitive but fun atmosphere. Really feels like we are all working together for a common goal. My favorite part is that the values Execs talk about are values that I see them live by almost daily.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Keep the leadership focused on growth both personnel wise and company wise.

Life changing.

I have been working at Main Street Hub

Pros

Young, energetic, and enthusiastic individuals all working together for a common goal. Easy to make friends, very inviting work place, and decent perks.
    Great spiffs for the CSM department. Top performers went to Maui for 5 days on the company dime and got to stay at the Four Seasons!

Cons

Hard work is necessary to stick around. You have to put in more than the 8 hour work day. Sometimes the transparency isn't there. Quarterly reports of how you're doing are sometimes too vague, and are sprung upon you.

Be more transparent with EPR's!