Marriott Reviews

3.7
1,351 Reviews

Marriott President & CEO Arne Sorenson
Arne Sorenson

Pros
  • Good people, work-life balance, get to meet a lot of interesting characters (in 34 reviews)

• Great benefits such as steeply discounted hotel rooms when traveling (in 75 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance went away with the re-organization of the sales department (in 46 reviews)

• No work life balance, very long hours that inmediate supervisors don't appreciate (in 74 reviews)

More Highlights

amazingly awesome

Former Employee - Trainee in Mumbai
    Former Employee - Trainee in Mumbai

I worked at Marriott as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

the standard the company, the quality of the service and a very efficent and skilled staff wid tremendous knowledge is the key of marriotts.

Cons

the only thing here is the working hours are quite hectic and even the pay is low soo thats the only thing which need to be changed.

excellent.. was part of the jw family for 4 odd years

Former Employee - Sous Chef In Training in Mumbai
    Former Employee - Sous Chef In Training in Mumbai

I worked at Marriott full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work environment.. employee program .. free communications with senior management and hr

Cons

if you are a professional you do not look at the downside but concentrate on your strengths that's what they taught me.

retain and hold on to your best ones ..

fabulous

Current Employee - Manager in Hyderābād
    Current Employee - Manager in Hyderābād

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

taking care of associate,team work and best service

Cons

nothing to note it the best place to work

we will rock in india

Good & Learning

Former Employee - Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Former Employee - Associate in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Marriott

Pros

Work culture, Brand Name, Market leader

Cons

Phathetic management one will ever encounter, No sense of belongingness or connectivity with staff.... huuuuuuge gap between Senior level management and lower level...
    The only thing bad about Marriott (Gurgaon) is Management... Change dis and it will become Heaven to work !!!!!

when one lot can earn upto lacs of bucks i see no reason to give penny's to the other lot who is actually working their ass off !!! This is only for Courtyard By Marriott Gurgaon.. rest Marriott is i believe is fantastic.... Pay scale is very low... nothing that a graduate expects... And the Voyagers that is Management Trainees are incompetent which is a sad case for the future as they will be the future Management

A good learning platform for overall Food and Beverage product and service.

Former Employee - Banquet Supervisor in Gurgaon, Haryana
    Former Employee - Banquet Supervisor in Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at Marriott

Pros

You are not contained to just one department. Being a small hotel, if any other department is busy, you can always offer help and the best is, people do it on their own. The GM is extremely creative in his work, thinks out of the box, very friendly with staff, and always has time to listen to you. This hotel works like a family. Job satisfaction is extremely high.

They even offer home drop services to employees, and the other usual Marriott benefits like discounts.

Cons

- Needs to increase salary base

Just keep it up. Need to make constant upgrades.

Tremendous Company to Work For

Former Employee - Vice President
    Former Employee - Vice President

I worked at Marriott full-time

Pros

Best "brand power" in the lodging industry.

Cons

Big companies are never as quick, nimble and flexible as the might want to be.

Stay the course and continue to start to embrace the "outside of Marriott" talent pool available.

Very satisfied

Current Employee - Banquet Captain in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Banquet Captain in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits & I have been able to make a career here

Cons

Not many I can think of

I love my job

Not a great place to work.

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Grapevine, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Grapevine, TX (US)

I worked at Marriott full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The only thing that I enjoyed about being a front desk agent for Marriott Springhill Suites was greeting and interacting with the guests.

Cons

Training was lacking, co worker relations were crappy, and the pay was peanuts. No one that I came into contact with besides the GM had been there over six months. You get no breaks, and scheduling is terrible. I inquired about meal breaks and was told that there are none, told by the GM if you need to eat for medical reasons pop something in your mouth and keep working. During days of inclement weather the try to force you to stay over to work. I stayed with Marriott all of 1 week. I have a CS and PR background but since having a baby I have stayed home. I was looking for something to bring in extra cash for holiday traveling. Fortunately, I was in a position to say "no thanks" to working in a place that cares so little for the employees.

Caring more about your employees will decrease turnover. We can't even get a 15 minute break so there's no wonder why no one stays!

I love working for Residence Inn.

I worked at Marriott

Pros

I was a front desk agent for Residence Inn by Marriott. I love interacting with the guests, & doing nice things for them upon check-in. My supervisors were also all very nice & welcoming, so it was never a problem to talk to them about anything.

Cons

Cons of working for Residence Inn (or any hotel) are the hours. Either work from 7am-3pm or 3pm-11pm. I preferred 3-11 more, considering I was able to interact with more guests during that shift, but it's practically your entire day. The pay is also not the best, which weighed into me deciding to leave.

Marriott was great company to work for.

Current Employee - Engineer in Hartford, CT (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Hartford, CT (US)

I have been working at Marriott full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I liked the feeling of employees as Family. We had a meeting every day to tell us what was happening, "Events" Our General Manager started at Marriott as a dishwasher! On his way up, he worked in every Department.

Cons

We had a group called the "Ample Beauties ", a couple times a year, 200 of them, they tore the place up ! However, they only were there for 2 night.

I worked for 2 different Marriott's