Marriott

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.6 1,219 reviews

Marriott President & CEO Arne Sorenson

Arne Sorenson

Pros
  • Marriott really focuses on a good work-life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Great benefits such as steeply discounted hotel rooms when traveling (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • Work Life Balance went away with the re-organization of the sales department (in 38 reviews)

• Some times the demands to work long hours proves to be a burden to associates family members (in 63 reviews)

More Highlights
1,219 Employee Reviews

fabulous

Manager (Current Employee) Hyderābād

Prostaking care of associate,team work and best service

Consnothing to note it the best place to work

Advice to Senior Managementwe will rock in india

Good & Learning

Associate (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsWork culture, Brand Name, Market leader

ConsPhathetic management one will ever encounter, No sense of belongingness or connectivity with staff.... huuuuuuge gap between Senior level management and lower level...
    The only thing bad about Marriott (Gurgaon) is Management... Change dis and it will become Heaven to work !!!!!

Advice to Senior Managementwhen one lot can earn upto lacs of bucks i see no reason to give penny's to the other lot who is actually working their ass off !!! This is only for Courtyard By Marriott Gurgaon.. rest Marriott is i believe is fantastic.... Pay scale is very low... nothing that a graduate expects... And the Voyagers that is Management Trainees are incompetent which is a sad case for the future as they will be the future Management

A good learning platform for overall Food and Beverage product and service.

Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsYou are not contained to just one department. Being a small hotel, if any other department is busy, you can always offer help and the best is, people do it on their own. The GM is extremely creative in his work, thinks out of the box, very friendly with staff, and always has time to listen to you. This hotel works like a family. Job satisfaction is extremely high.

They even offer home drop services to employees, and the other usual Marriott benefits like discounts.

Cons- Needs to increase salary base

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep it up. Need to make constant upgrades.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company for Career Growth

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD (US)

ProsGood career growth opportunities
    Very Diverse

ConsIf you want to move up, you have to network. But that's true just about anywhere, right?

Marriott is great

Prosgreat company to work for

Consno cons that I can think of

Wonderful experience. A great employer to learn about customer service.

At Your Service Agent (Former Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsOpportunity for growth, customer-focused company

Conshospitality hours (you're probably going to work holidays, nights and other times)

Advice to Senior ManagementReward and promote those with potential quickly, otherwise you'll lose them.

Marriott offers great benefits.

Associate (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGreat benefits, hotel perks are awesome as Marriott hotels are worldwide. Marriott associates are very professional and exceptionally friendly.

ConsThere was a lack of professional and personal growth in our department. This industry relies heavily on high and low season which makes it difficult to have financial stability during off seasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you value certain employee, ensure that you are in touch or aware about their professional development needs.

Front desk in Newport Beach, CA

Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) Newport Beach, CA (US)

ProsGreat co-workers, fun work environment, but also high employee standards. If you like customer service you will love working for Marriott.

ConsVery poor management. Terrible, long and sometimes back to back hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementTRAIN. Train everyone thoroughly. They don't get enough training and that effects the guest experience and also the employees.

My Housekeeping Manager Experience at Courtyard

Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) Bethlehem, PA (US)

ProsOpportunity for advancement, benefits, promotions. Job is very dynamic, and you always meet good people where you learn from and help you throughout your job.

ConsLike in any hospitality industry, you know when to start working, but due to the nature of business itself, you do not know when to finish

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervisors and managers should have assistants in order not to extend the long hours of work into one employee.

Wonderful and they work well with student schedules

Waitress and Barista (Former Employee) Ogden, UT (US)

ProsFlexible with student schedules and a fun environment

ConsSometimes the hours were very long. 10 hr waitress shifts and banquets ending at 2 in the morning.

Worked for Marriott? Contribute to the Community!