Marsh & McLennan Companies

Marsh & McLennan Companies Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Marsh & McLennan Companies President & CEO Daniel S. Glaser

Daniel S. Glaser

Pros
  • Great Benefits, Work life balance depending on the department, name brand recognition(in 26 reviews)

• Good benefits and paid time off is generous(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Noone is recognized except top producers ands senior management(in 13 reviews)

• long hours and not the best management structure in place(in 8 reviews)

Very employee friendly

ProsFlexible timing , leaves no issue , Perfect balance in personal & Professional life

ConsI didn't find any of yet

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything perfect !!

Manager

Manager (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsMNC culture, high on individual learning

ConsNot any major issues there

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more work structure in MMMC

Great working environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIts a nice company with many things to learn.

ConsShould increase the employees salaries.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mercer ROCKSsssssssssss

Senior Analyst(In GOSS) (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Pros2 reason to work with mercer is knowledge enhancement and one of the top employee friendly organisation.

Consnothing down every thing is up except one thing whenever we do strecth to complete all the work and for teh betterment of the organization we dont get much attention.MONEY DOES NOT MATTER BUT SHOULD BE SOMETHING.

Advice to Senior Managementto listen employees what they suggest and understand the situation they face sometime. that will build a good relation b/w them and they will work fantastically together without any glitvh b/w them.

Asst. Vice President

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsProactive and agressive expansion plans

ConsMultiple subsidiaries competing against each other in the same market

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't acquire if you can't integrate the operations

Marsh India - A Good and Bad place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsGood place to learn and freedom to operate

ConsBad for operational roles but good for sales roles

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent managment means trying to save talented older guys in the system. Older colleagues leaving is talent leakage and needs to be saved for progress of employement.

Career High

Assistant Vice-President (Current Employee) Edmonton, AB (Canada)

ProsCompensation, collaborative culture, professionalism, global opportunities

ConsCompliance can bog down the truly meaningful work, but it's minor and necessary

Great people! Workload issues. Clearly value external over internal candidates

Insurance Broker (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, awesome health plan, smart, fun co-workers, many opportunities to learn subject matter very well

ConsValue external candidates over internal candidates, everyone is overworked and stressed, you can only get the salary for your peer-group if you threaten to leave, poor performers are not fired, just starved out.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to 100% de-risk your business. It sends a message to clients that you aren't willing to stand by your work and puts you in a vulnerable position. Clients will start to think "Gee, if I am constantly being told I have to check my broker's work, why shouldn't an online quote service do this same thing I thought I was paying for expertise"

Stop burning out your best people, they are the product you are selling.

Give some actual power to give promotions, make compensation decisions, and fire people etc. to office heads, zone leaders, or even managers. Its very clear their hands are 100% tied to do right by their best people.

Data Administrator

Pros- Working with immedatiate team members is positive
    - Great flexibility with vacation - except for month end
    -Christmas gatherings

Cons- Very little room for growth for employees at the lower end of the scale.
    - HUGE communication gap among colleagues.
    - Some employees tend to pawn off the work onto other colleagues and fear change and do not embrace new business processes. Senior veterans who have been with the company for ages cannot think outside the box and thus tend to like a lot of hand holding.

Advice to Senior Management-Give credit where credit is due. The company boasts about further learning and career development but management needs to reinforce this and look out for every employee under their wing. This should not be limited to individuals with senior roles.
    -Improve communication within deparments and make sure the message conveyed is uniform.
    -Consider revising the compensation matrix for all departments. Upper management tend to get bigger pay increases and bonuses, while the reamining employees get a 1% raise. In today's economy, the base salary for junior roles are well under the poverty line which is unfair. Take home pay amounts to nothing.
    - Look past the politics and power trip. Employees need to get the work done right to make the environment a good workplace for everyone.

Great company to work for!

Local Technology Coordinator (Current Employee)

ProsWorking in IT is never boring- competitive pay, job security, and daily challenges to keep work interesting.

ConsYou work with people who have just become used to their daily routines, can be extremely condescending to support staff, and are already somewhat jaded with their expectations (even though they also refuse to follow processes). Being client facing tends to be a "punching bag" role that quickly gets old. People tend to become "buddy-buddy" to skip procedure yet tend to not know your name.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do.

Worked for Marsh & McLennan Companies? Contribute to the Community!