Matrix Service

Add Photos

Matrix Service President and CEO John R. Hewitt

John R. Hewitt

Assistant

Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsGreat people everyone is driven

Consvery bored trapped in the filing closet

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you are doing

I work with a Great Bunch of people

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a lot of commodity between the estimators. I enjoy coming to work as I work with a great bunch of individuals that make every day unique and rewarding. I enjoy the take-off work and complexity of constructability issues, which is different on every project we bid. We are growing our EPC work and it is very rewarding to see you hard work pay off. Matrix does not usually require overtime for the estimating department, not to say that we don’t work overtime. It makes it very nice to have most weekends off.

ConsThe direct management seems to overlook your contribution to the company. Great benefits, pay is below industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice, don’t forget those that put you in your current position with the work that you have currently.

Would I recommend this company for job possibilities?

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsGood matching from company for contributions to retirement investment plan.

ConsNeed to spend more of their money on advertising.

Advice to Senior ManagementEveryone should be treated as equals when Christmas bonus is given!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay is good with a great benefit package for Superintendents and above

Superintendent (Current Employee) Orange, CA (US)

ProsGood strong growing company, I like the direction we are going, long term employment opportunities are there for people that want to work hard.

ConsProject managers seem to get recognition and bonuses for work and up sales done by Superintendents. No bonus programs. We are told we will get bonuses that checks just need to be signed but nothing

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the people that really take care of our customers (It's not the PM's) reward the folks that deal with the clients, employees, Engineers, Inspectors, payroll, PM's, vendors, subs, equipment, tools, material, schedules, budget, Managment and of course SAFETY.

My experience at Matrix was positive overall.

Senior Craft Mechanic (Current Employee) Ferndale, WA (US)

ProsTop pay. Good training. Emphasis on Safety.

ConsInexperienced managers leads to disorganization and poor communication.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the same people on a crew as long as possible. This results in efficiency and positive crew member responses.

Well rounded, full of opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Blaine, WA (US)

ProsIf you are willing to work, they are willing to teach. You will find bad supervision in any company but for the most part Matrix does a good job of weeding out the bad apples. Good benefits for full time employees. Great safety culture up in the Washington area.

ConsIt can have a little of the good old boy attitude, employment will usually start out as short term, turnaround related work.
    Control of work at the facility I was at, created a lazy, slow work attitude, this by design is to increase the safety culture, but in my opinion has adverse affects.

good

Boilermaker (Current Employee) Bellingham, WA (US)

Prosthe money makes it worth it and the people are good to be around. can't make this much with out a degree

Conshours are really hard to do no life outside of work. hard to juggle family life and kids daily schedules.

Advice to Senior Managementwe need better benefits for people who have been with the company for a long time. Should not have to start medical over as much as we do.

Great Co-Workers

ProsCompany has hired very solid, talented personnel. They are good to work with and work together reasonably well. Most employees have a reasonable amount of integrity.

ConsPublic company that looks to the current and immediate future stock price rather than planning solidly for the future of the company. Though this is the problem with almost EVERY public company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWorry much less about the street and realize where the market is in margins and begin to eliminate your unrealistic expectations.

ok place, nothing to write home about

Foreman (Former Employee)

Prospay is ok, but could be better. no raises, no bonuses. layoffs everytime you turn around.

Consmanagment does not listen or care

Advice to Senior Managementpull your head out

Integrity?

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK (US)

ProsThe benefits package was terrific. Great paid time off. Also, there are many offices, around the country. They will pay for relocating to another area of the country. Human Resources on the east coast of the country is very helpful and nice to work with.

ConsThe corporate office is ruthless in aquiring new companies. It is a shame that they will buy out a company with actual intergritiy and lay everyone off and leave a former shell of what the company was. Also, a few employees are very sleezy and have promoted skirt chasers.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach. Everyone has value in a company.

Worked for Matrix Service? Contribute to the Community!