McKesson

McKesson Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

McKesson Chairman, President, and CEO John H. Hammergren

John H. Hammergren

Pros
  • They also support a work-life balance and provided flexibility for family/personal life(in 42 reviews)

• Very flexible and will allow you to work from home several days a week(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay, Work-life balance can be tough to achieve if you are a salaried employee(in 22 reviews)

• Upper management limits middle management from creating a functional work environment(in 28 reviews)

Working at McKesson was a trying yet rewarding experience.

Material Handler (Former Employee) Duluth, GA (US)

ProsThe pay is good. Employee benefits from everything such as health insurance to Roth ira to stock purchase are great. Room for growth in the company and just knowing that your job saves lives is an excellent feeling.

ConsSometimes the people that you work with can be a bit on the negative side and tend to act extremely childish at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage work your employees.

Great experience. Great managers. Great growth potential.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Nashville, TN (US)

ProsGreat compensation and benefits. Great managers. There's lots of growth potential and opportunity within the company. I enjoyed working for such a reputable company with so much opportunity across the country and world. I was happy with my pay and felt that they payed more than other companies for comparable positions.

ConsAs with any huge company, there's a certain amount of bureaucracy you have to deal with.

Good employee

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Livonia, MI (US)

ProsPlenty of opportunity, great vacation time offerings, solid reputation

ConsShould have better prescription coverage since largest drug wholesaler, lacking in career development follow through

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen internal applicants are not hired, counseling as to why not and how to improve should be given

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

overall good

Proswell paid, good benifits, good bonus and satisfied raise

Consnight shifts, less opportunity for moving on days for salary people

McKesson

Management (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Prosvery good employee training and benefits

Consliving in different cities than management teams

Advice to Senior Managementbe more open about changes

Mckesson is a very good place to work they care for they employee

A/R Specialist (Current Employee) Carrollton, TX (US)

Prosgood company to work for,care about they employee and have a good medical benfits over all good company

Consto be the best at what you do

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate your staff.

Quality Assurance Analyst

Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) Springfield, MO (US)

ProsFriendly employees
    Great Managers to work with
    Leading the industries in terms of new technology regulations and innovations
    Flexibility in term of working hours
    Allow employees to move to other roles within the companies

ConsBenefits not too great
    Little increment in Salary

Advice to Senior ManagementAdjust your salary scale level

Sales

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

ProsSales manager. Good culture products and service. Dominant in our market for med Surg products and services

ConsThere are no major cons to working with McKesson. The only drawbacks and limitations are self imposed.

McKesson was a great company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Port St Lucie, FL (US)

ProsThey believed in life/work balance and had superior benefits.

ConsI don't feel that they plan staffing properly as they have had many layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees who are doing the job before you changes to work flow.

Cash Cow

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEntrepreneurial division very focused on success of customers

ConsCorporate had bled the division for years, taking profit and not re-investing in the business. Senior management supported clearly horrendous decisions that anyone could have seen would be train wrecks from a mile away.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so easily bulldozed by San Francisco and Atlanta.

Worked for McKesson? Contribute to the Community!