MedImmune

MedImmune Reviews in Gaithersburg, MD

Updated Jul 20, 2014

MedImmune President Bahija Jallal

Bahija Jallal

Pros
  • Pays well, nice, improving campus, trying to make work/life balance better(in 11 reviews)

• Great benefits offered by the company, work-life balance was pretty good(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Does not seem to care about work-life balance of employees(in 15 reviews)

• since its growing quickly with AZ acquisition, lots of work to do(in 4 reviews)

77 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great benefits and a growing company

Scientist I (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsGood pay, benefits. Bonuses every year!

ConsProper training in research is lacking and accelerated projects make it more stressful. Open concept office space makes it difficult to be focused and get your work done.

Good place to work

Scientist I (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsGreat benefits and room to grow.

ConsIt can be a stressful place to work.

Great work/life balance; too top heavy however.

Engineer (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsThe IT management is great. A lot of the bosses are either EU based or based in Cambridge. As a result, they have a very good work/life balance. Their philosophy of allowing you to work from home so you can get your house in order and allowing you to work on stuff while in the office lessens the stress and overall allows you to feel like management cares about you.

ConsThe management structure is very top-heavy. I report to a lot of different bosses and can rotate between managers very quickly for different projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare your intentions on converting contractors clearly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with innovative biotech pipeline

Scientist I (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsGreat benefits. Very patient focused, which is inspiring. A little bit unclear how MedImmune will fit into the AZ culture in the long run, but for now the MedI/biotech culture is alive and kicking. Fun happy hours. Nice people. Nice amenities on campus with more planned.

ConsSome disconnect between AZ and MedImmune that can create problems, especially when dealing with late stage projects. Still figuring some things out on the late stage/commercialization side of development. Getting a bit crowded at HQ.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't sell the company.

Great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Prospersonal growth, promotions, events, culture-friendly, leadership. They are innovative and do a great job in developing your overall skills

ConsOnly a few of their products have reached the market.

Contractor

Contractor (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsLess stress and just need to follow what they ask you to do.

ConsEasy to lost job any time. Very less sick and vacation leaves. En-organized work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever got a chance to get involve with the management.

Disappointing Company

Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsDecent salary for a contractor.

ConsOffice culture is bad with gossip and office politics. Hires from the outside instead of hiring the contractors. Middle management is not good..poor communication. Contractors are treated like second-class citizens.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid the lazy employees and hire the hard-working contractors.

Very good company to work

Associate Scientist II (Current Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsSolid science and open culture

ConsVery hard to get promotion

Progessive company and management

Senior Director IT (Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsThe CIO really wanted to make positive changes

ConsThe downside was the confusion of working under AZ's shadow.

Advice to Senior ManagementDecide how Medimmune will be managed and stick with it.

A company with no standard and fairness

(Former Employee) Gaithersburg, MD (US)

ProsThe benefits and bonus are not bad for the past few years. The gym is pretty good if you use it.

ConsThere is no cross board standard within company, within department. The head of the department is the king. Whatever policy or working standard can be override by the king.
    Promotion is a mess, only based on whether you are the favorite of the boss. No fairness at all, even relatively. Boss likes you, he can hire somebody for you even you work part time with a bachelor's degree. If boss does not like you, even you have 10 years of experience with a Ph.D. degree, you are on you own.

Salary is below industry average.

HR really sucks. No respect to employees. They can promise you something when you are hired and later on would not honor it. So be careful, make sure everything is on paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementMoral is so low but I guess management does not really care. There is employee survey every year but the concerns from employees are the same every year.

Worked for MedImmune? Contribute to the Community!