Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated 27 October 2014
Updated 27 October 2014
2.6

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina
J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 9 reviews)

• Good Benefits, good vacation and flexible time (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 12 reviews)

• Worst work-life balance I've ever had the displeasure to experience (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Trouble in Tampa upper management Urealistic and Uncaring

Former Employee - Health Manager in Tampa Palms, FL (US)
    Former Employee - Health Manager in Tampa Palms, FL (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits and CEO is a doctor

Cons

Large caseloads, unrealistic expectations. If you do a good job they recognize you by giving you more work. No life work balance. Time off is a joke if you are on salary. If you take time off then you still have your work facing you when you return. There are lots of people leaving because they are overworked and unappreciated.

Look at how many people have left in the last 6 months. Treat your employees with respect and give realistic expectations for work assignments. Stop adding more requirements and streamline the documentation process. Upper management makes the job impossible to do. They just put everything on the supervisors and in turn gets added to Health Managers already full plate. There are no plans to try to keep good employees. They are blind that so many have left and more will continue to leave under this type of leadership. There is a real problem and no one is trying to fix it.

GOOD

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time

Pros

PTO and flexible hours for fulltime only

Cons

Some managers and bosses do not interact with the employees

nothing

Great company and people.

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Reston, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Reston, VA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started working as a part time pharmacy technician with while still in college. My supervisor was very understanding when it came to school responsibilities and not only allowed me a fairly versatile schedule, but was also very encouraging. Upon graduation I was offered a full time job in a difficult economy. They see their employees as an important investment and disperse their profits down the ladder. They offer great health benefits, retirement accounts, ESPP, discounts, and rewards.

Cons

As can be expected, some supervisors can have some negative qualities, but if brought up to them or their supervisor, they will take steps to better the working environment.

Since Molina Healthcare is a publicly traded company, sometimes daily activities can be profit driven, especially towards the end of fiscal periods. This can add stress to life, but is offset by the fact that they offer ESPP.

Keep up the family-driven management style.

Do NOT Work For This Employer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked for this employer in two locations: Washington and California. I can't say enough good things about the WASHINGTON locations. I felt valued and respected as a team member and I felt the management was really trying to better the culture of the company and respect their employees.

Cons

However, the experience I had working for this company in CALIFORNIA was the exact opposite. The corporate culture was oppressive and inflexible. I was illegally fired when I was 7 months pregnant after over a year of being shifted around to various positions that were well below my skill level because the company couldn't get it together enough to finally start the position I was transferred to this location for. I was repeatedly treated like I was an inexperienced and low-level employee, despite having education and experience higher than many of the management staff. I feel that this company, in general, does NOT respect its employees and I would not at all suggest that anybody take a job here if you want to feel like you're a valued member of a team.

Data Entry

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Enjoy helping people in need

Cons

Too many cooks in the kitchen

Take a look at how your management is running your company. Just because they are hitting numbers doesn't mean they are treating your staff they way they deserve to be treated.

horrible culture, ethics, work environment

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Boise, ID (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Boise, ID (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

a job that pays and some some beneifts

Cons

management is horrible
    the hvac doesn't work
    employees stab each other in the back
    corporate culture does not bleed to local culture of this office
    pigeon holing
    middle management is clueless and their hands are tied on all matters
    i could go on but you should have an idea by now.

quit or get fired- either way, just don't be there. you suck at managing anyone and should all diaf.

Very Unorganized no formal training

Former Employee - MITA EDI QNXT Data Engineer I in Glen Allen, VA (US)
    Former Employee - MITA EDI QNXT Data Engineer I in Glen Allen, VA (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Best thing is possibility to work remote if you are in the IT department for the MMS division

Cons

Too much upper management and not enough workers. Bad training if any training at all

I was denied unemployment because my manager lied and so did HR. I approached HR with concerns but they did nothing to reverse the damage that the manager caused me professionally

Abusive and Poor Management

Former Employee - Pharmacist in Trenton, NJ (US)
    Former Employee - Pharmacist in Trenton, NJ (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours are good. Company provides water and coffee. And they allow you to use the bathroom as long as you do not use it from 8 to 9 am, 12 to 2pm, 4-5 pm. If you need to use the bathroom during the time slots they tell you not to go but if do need to go you need a doctors note!!!!

Cons

Manager is biggest stumbling block. No focus, takes credit for your work. Manager tells you good job but then immediately points out some trivial flaw in your work which makes you not want to work harder. Lack of leadership. Expect 1-2 percent raises if all goes well. This is how expenses are kept down. Bonus is 75 percent company determined and 25 percent employee driven. Why work hard if you get 75 percent irregardless. Abusive and accusatory culture permeates the company. Need to dot your i and cross your T well.

Get rid of management. Need some people with more experience and know how to motivate people.

Decent job, but problems working with Corporate office

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good Values, no micro-managing. Some employees are very talented and many are very nice people. The office location is great.

Cons

Top management are too self-involved. They don't care too much about their reports - don't want any details about the work their reports actually do, just "get it done".

You need to be more involved with the people who work under you. There also needs to be some structure and agreement about what corporate office is responsible for and what the plan level is responsible for. Too many tasks and responsibilities get pushed down to the plan level without notice or preparation.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked here as an intern for one year and I love it. The culture is amazing and management is very helpful and a lot of fun to work with.

Cons

They don't have a big budget for certain projects.

Keep up the good work!