Molina Healthcare

www.molinahealthcare.com
Employer Engaged

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They have good benefits,nice people to work with and chance for growth. Good company to work for if your looking for long term employment

Cons

Hard to move within the company because it's not what you know it's actually who you know, other than that the job is ok

None really

Nice, skilled, hardworking colleagues, stable company

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Molina fills a need--serving the low-income population with quality medical services. It's a mission that is taken seriously and one I feel great about, working for this company. The benefits are generous, including paid time off. Sometimes there's a ton of work, other times not. In my department, we are given a lot of autonomy and trust. Everyone I work with is smart and driven, including all my supervisors.

Cons

Although it's a sizable company, it's also a bit like a mom and pop operation that is a bit disorganized. This can cause some problems. Also the company intranet is a big of a joke. Please get with the times with that, folks.

Fix the intranet!

Remedial Organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you live nearby; this is a pro. If you happen to be one of the lucky ones working a remote position: this is a pro. If you are related to someone in management; you will be blessed beyond believe because you will not be required to have any practical experience or education in order to work here.

Cons

Lack of competent management, operates as if it's still a small company and uses this excuse as a reason to function poorly, nepotism to the degree that I have never seen before, people are not qualified for the positions in which they hold, lack of structure, higher performers get less compensation than their under-performing colleagues.

Wake up. Hire people that have experience in their profession and can affect change and get the company running smoothly. Too much hiring over the past few years. Take the time to evaluate if employees are giving you an honest day's work before you hire more. You preach good values, but you don't follow them.

Lack of direction, accountability and tons of nepotism.

Current Employee - Case Manager I in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Case Manager I in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Large company, lots of "lateral movement" if your into working for free

Cons

To many to list but, Company and local senior leadership direction not aligned with company mission and value. Deceptive pay practices.

Treat the ones with tenure with more respect in terms of adequate compensation . Listen to those on the front line.

They lie to get people in the door

I have been working at Molina Healthcare

Pros

Flexible to a point when it comes to attendance but that's about it..

Cons

You gotta kiss the leadership's butts to get anywhere, during your interview they give you one job description but when you get in you do something totally different, to many people in charge without leadership experience, you gotta be part of their click or you don't stand a chance

Figure it out and stop playing favoritism ...what about the MBR's? It shouldn't be about the numbers ..remember what field we work in and the kind of members we have ....

Good place to get experience, then move on.

Former Employee - Rep in Long Beach, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Rep in Long Beach, CA (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, great benefits and move view overlooking the ocean.

Cons

Pay is not too competitive. Discouraged from negotiating salary. It is about who you know. Lots of politics

Salaries should be more attractive, raises/ promotions should reflect company growth. Just saying.....

Overall good, but it's all about who you know

I worked at Molina Healthcare

Pros

Great work life balance, good paid time off opportunities. The company is moving towards having their employees lead a healthier lifestyle.

Cons

There's a lot of people who are in roles just because they know someone who is higher up. This creates a lot of favoritism. This only happens in certain departments.

Terrible place to work. Disregard for employee safety.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Mission to serve the low income population.

Cons

Promotions are not based on performance. Managers will keep employees who can never get their work done, constantly show up late to work, and submit assignments with poor quality and errors for political reasons. Directors will convert consultants/temps to full time employees regardless of how they perform.

If you work at the Press Telegram or Meeker Baker building in Long Beach, you will have to park across the street in a public parking lot where people break into your cars and urinate inside the lot. A couple of instances have occurred where employees have been assaulted or have had their bikes stolen.

Care a little bit more about the safety of your employees. I'd like to be able to walk to my car after a long day of work without having to worry about someone stealing my laptop or seeing that my car has been broken into.

I great experience with a wonderful team and support

Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Member Services Representative in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

office culture, salary, team support, schedule, security, confidentiality, benefits, opportunities, loyalty.

Cons

training, the lack of training cause you a little of hard time on the beginning if you never worked on healthcare before.

I enjoy the freedom of working remotely and the efficiency of the organization.

Current Employee - Care Coordinator II in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator II in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I have been working at Molina Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The organization really takes care of you. I receive great benefits, perks, discounts. Bonus if the company does really well during the quarter/year.The regional team works together as if we are in the next cubicle. Meetings are through group conference calls and you are able to fully interact with everyone with in the meeting.

Cons

Working remotely I am not able to get alot of "facetime" with higher-ups in the organization. I feel like promoting is going to be difficult because of them not being able to match me face to my name.

None at this time.