Molina Healthcare

Molina Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Molina Healthcare Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Molina Healthcare of California J. Mario Molina

J. Mario Molina

Pros
  • Pay is decent and benefits aren't bad (in 8 reviews)

• job security, average pay package, good benefits, just like working in DMV or public sector company (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Promises are made for advancement and not kept by upper management (in 10 reviews)

• Mid- and senior management are complete morons (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

A lot of change, all at once

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ (US)

ProsA lot of growth in the company. A lot of opportunity in the industry. Growth opportunity for those with the right skills. Good benefits.

ConsA lot of growing pains. Issues with management not being ready for all of the change. Maybe a bit too much for them to handle.

Provider Service Rep II

Provider Service Representative Level II (Former Employee)

ProsStarted out as a good place to work. Soon turned into a company that lacks leadership and does not care enough about developing its employees. If your a self starter who just wants a job - then by all means apply. But if you want to make a difference and your caring - run!!!

ConsMicro-management, favoritism always shown, unexpected changes constantly, unrealistic deadlines, no potential for growth, no flexibility with hours. Should you not be in the clique you'll have problems.

Advice to Senior ManagementVery poor management. They keep bad employees and fire the good ones. If you you're not a yes man, don't work there!

Project Coordinator

ProsGreat opportunities to learn from others

ConsNeed more competent people who knows what they are doing

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter structure and organization

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Member Services Rep

Member Services Representative (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsI loved working there at Molina

Conspay was ok, worked in a call center in Houston. It was not as stressful as the average call center.

Professional cohesive family like environment.

Contract Cordinator (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsMolina employees truly want to work, and all work well with others. The pay is decent, depending on your department the workflow is progressively satisfying.

ConsHaven't a complaint at all. Molina has proven to be credible to their name and dually supportive of their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemain proactive and there will never be a need to be reactive.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

This company is deceiving in that they pretend to care for their hard working employees

Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsThis company offers exceptional benefits.

ConsThis company hires friends and family of the Molina's that don't have talent nor are qualified to run a billion dollar managed care corporation. The employees bleed Molina green and then are blindsided with terminations. This company will suck you dry and spit you out. I had a strong passion for this company and was a loyal, loyal employee and one day they decided they had no more use for me. This is a common occurence.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue on hiring executives who are not friends and family of the Molina's and get away from the Good Ol' Boys Club mentality.

The most stressful job I've ever had!!

RN Case Manager (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsI can't think of any

ConsUnreasonable expectations, below average pay, upper management does not listen to employees concerns.

RN case manager

Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) Bothell, WA (US)

ProsGood benefit package and stable job

Consnot innovative, management is not involved with staff

No Innovation. Bad Office Environment. This job sucks!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irving, TX (US)

ProsI really enjoy my co-workers. I work with some of the best people I have ever met. Also if you are sick you can work from home. And that's about it.

ConsThis company seems to lack vision. Employees are not valued here and it is a revolving door. So many people either quit or get fired. Also, I go days and weeks without having any projects assigned. The job would be boring but there is so much office politics and drama that there is never a dull moment. This company sr. management also have a finger-pointing, blame others, and throw who they can under the bus. This job is so stressful.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease treat people with respect and learn how to have a little fun and stop being so uptight. I do not see how you all can compete with other MCO companies that have Christmas parties, wear jeans, more PTO, work from home policies, & market share.

Avoid This Place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Long Beach, CA (US)

ProsSalary and Benefits are not bad

ConsToo many to list. Contractors are literally third class citizens particularly if you are an American. The place is run by H1s with a small scattering of Americans. Management is oppressive and completely out of touch with the yelling, threats, and pure nastiness that is this place. Expertise is completely wasted here since the average H1 has no idea what they are doing and choose to point fingers. Blame based environment where the least qualified is promoted. Don't waste your time here.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for Molina Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!