MoneyGram International

Updated 20 November 2014
2.4

MoneyGram International Chairman & CEO Pamela H. Patsley
Pamela H. Patsley

Pros
  • The only 2 positive things I can say about MoneyGram are work-life balance and office environment (in 6 reviews)

• Most of my co-workers were great team players and really good people (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • poor organization structure, lack of communication, salaries are very low, space is cramped up, benefits and add ons are poor (in 5 reviews)

• Government regulations and fuzzy guidance from upper management hurting the company (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Ok company to start your career

Current Employee - MKT in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - MKT in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy going management (at least mine), Work schedule,

Cons

No Training at all, upper management dont even look at the regular employees. Every department tries to sabotage the other. Be ready to work with VPS that really dont know what they are doing.
    New employees come and leave pretty quickly.

Management should listen to the Professionals they hire. Company lets some VPS spend all the money on products that dont offer no returns.

great

I have been working at MoneyGram International

Pros

good company
    good environment
    Good employees
    Easily move up

Cons

good company
    good environment
    Good employees
    Easily move up

Struggling through change

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office culture is unique. People for the most part are trying to do what is right for the company. Benefits are ok.

Cons

Lack of communication and clear direction from the leadership team.

There needs to be more clear direction from leadership. Seems to have a lack of ownership on projects. Lack of agreement among leadership on what the priorities are for the business.

Challenging and interestin

Current Employee - Off Phone Personnel in Lakewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Off Phone Personnel in Lakewood, CO (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My co-workers and the amount of PTO. Flexibility in my schedule and very understanding boss.

Cons

They don't invest in their employees. We do not get any additional professional training.

Just be aware that your talent is being shoved out the door.

Used to be innovative but lost their heart & soul

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO (US)

I worked at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

On the upside, it is becoming a truly global company. Opportunities for interesting work and higher compensation are at the higher levels.

Cons

Grew too fast without a substantial infrastructure in place. Became top-heavy (still are) and cut costs by outsourcing and right-shoring (an oxymoron if there ever was one). Evidence of overall mistrust and frustration at their 3 primary US locations due to Sr. Leadership secrecy surrounding ongoing and pending large-scale layoffs.

Follow creative leadership advice and familiarize yourselves with how higher rated companies treat their employees.

Blinding management

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work and life is some like balance. That's all. No other benefits. No chance to improve yourself in this company.

Cons

Management have no direction. No one have responsible for things. Only the one kiss the manager butt could get promotion

Step down now

Lack of labor resources

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great people for the most part

Cons

Zero time for any personal life.

Dallas is not ground zero for talent

Excellent people to work with. It went down the tube after the financial fiasco.

I worked at MoneyGram International

Pros

I loved the people I worked with including my boss. We all helped each other. It was very multilingual and multicultural and loved the atmosphere. Great benefits.

Cons

Pay raise was almost close to nothing every year. Upper management didn't really care about us little people. All they cared about their bottom line.

Nothing. They are outsourcing everything.

Overpromised, under deliver and can't stop tripping over themselves...

I have been working at MoneyGram International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is competitive for my level...Work is something interesting and challenging.

Cons

In-fighting between the business and IT. No communication within the IT org among the execs - seriously, they sit on the same floor in the same building but they don't communicate. The politicking is horrendous. It is like being in Washington DC.

If you had to send a business analyst to one of your sites to ask why people are leaving....wow. Minds are blown all over the place...really?

MGI SUCKS TOO MANY POLITICS AND RACIST

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Frisco, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Frisco, TX (US)

I have been working at MoneyGram International as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Hmmm can't think of any

Cons

Managers never hold anyone accountable and tends to fire a lot of people of color although they are the ones doing the majority of the work... If you want to get promoted good luck if you are not kissing upper-management butt... Trainers suck and tend to have less experienced then 85% of employees.. The company continues hiring individuals who have no experience in the role they are doing and thus making FTE pick up the slack.... Management continues to develop so called tools that help employees but only slows us down... Company is just bad what else can I say... Nobody respects management

Stop picking favorites and do your damn job. Fire the correct individuals and promote the workers busting their butt and doing the job correctly. Why have team leads if they are idiots. Also learn to be managers and manage. Most the time managers tend to look down on hard working employees who put in the hours but they have other employees who walk around gossip and talk for hours at their desk and they still have their job.