Monotype

www.monotypeimaging.com

Monotype Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Monotype – Woburn – “US office”

Monotype President, CEO, and Director Doug Shaw

Doug Shaw

Really nice place to innovate

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Noida

ProsUncomplicated, great team spirit, culture of fresh thinking and innovation, cutting edge technologies and contemporary processes.

ConsLong commute for me :-(

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't need to, on this forum. We are closely knit and talk regularly..

I have been working at Monotype full-time for more than two years.

ProsWork-Life balance, Friendly and Learning environment, The culture of office is great.

ConsI have no complaints so far.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what you're doing.

Great work environment, work culture, and growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Noida

ProsGreat salary, Work and life balance, quick professional growth, success tied to performance and not buttering

ConsNot a popular company. When I say the name many people don't recognize the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo Micromanagement, No politics. They focus on our career development. Extremely satisfied with Management.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you are passionate to work with edge technology, Monotype is a place...

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Noida

ProsI am working here from 5+ yrs. People in this company are very cooperative. I have found a lot of thing here to learn based on new Technologies. Till now, I have found it a best place to work either for Experienced and freshers.

You will get opportunities to work on new technologies most of the time :)
    People are appreciated here based on their talent.

ConsNot found any cons yet...

Advice to Senior ManagementAll seems good...

A nice place to work upon and grow

Quality Engineer (Current Employee) Noida

ProsGrowth, Peace of mind, Work-Life balance, Positivity, Culture

ConsNot in a hobby of getting negative about anything :)

Monotype - a great company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Woburn, MA (US)

ProsI enjoyed my tenure at Monotype. I was there for a long time. I had the opportunity to hold multiple positions and report to a few different people. Monotype is a great place to work. The company has an outstanding work/life attitude. The people are great. Management is focused and forward thinking. I trusted management always had the best interest of the company in mind. There's definitely opportunity there. The culture is diverse. The corporation has high ethical standards. It was a fun company to work for!!

ConsI really don't have anything negative to say

Interview experience could have been better

ProsNice company, people and facility. Really good benefits, decent pay. Manager and team are great and the environment is flexible. Very pleasant work environment.

ConsInterview process with HR was not great. Recruiter seemed impatient. It took several mo. from initial interview to time I got hired with no real updates from recruiter/benefits person. Calls were not returned. Just not professional experience. Experience with person was better after I started.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you understand how HR treats potential employees.

Great, stable company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Woburn, MA (US)

ProsWonderful coworkers, strong management that cares, and fonts are fun! Pay and benefits were great and the work environment is flexible and easy going.

ConsFor a smaller company, spread all over the globe and they haven't adequately invested in the right technologies to ensure the right connectors for global teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the workforce and take the time to hear their thoughts and ideas.

Great company!

ProsGreat place to work! The culture in the office is great; everybody seems to get along and work well together making it very pleasant to go to work every day.

ConsI have no complaints thus far.

Poor environment for any professional. Indian management team is dumb

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompetitive Salary (for some time), few good technical people (many already left).

ConsThe top management is flawed in India and is very mediocre
    Abusive language is prominent in the office. Not at all a good place for female workers, feels very unsafe.
    Highly political environment and technical people are treated like slaves and trash
    Hiring practices are poor and salary is not a secret.
    Managers have full freedom to go and come at anytime. Director comes sparsely and has no inkling of whats going on in the office. Very poor technical competence.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring some professionalism to the Indian management.

Worked for Monotype? Contribute to the Community!