Mspark

Updated Jun 14, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Albert Braunfisch

Horrible, Horrible Company. Steer Clear of This Place.

Account Operations Specialist (Former Employee) Helena, AL (US)

ProsThere is a gym on site.

ConsAccount services management is a complete joke. The training they give you is the most unorganized, antiquated bunch of garbage I've ever seen. They tell you from day 1 that it will take 6-12 months to understand the job but will fire you after a couple of weeks if they decide they don't like you. People are quitting left and right because of the quality of management over account services. This place is very "clique-ish." Employees flock together and bad-mouth other employees where everyone can hear. The work is extremely taxing. So much so that management warns you up front that people are "mean" on deadline days. I went to the ER twice with high blood pressure in the 46 days I was worthy enough to work in that place. If you see that they're hiring just keep on scrolling. If you apply for the job and get hired you will regret ever filling out the application. Aside from all that you really have to wonder how long junk mail is going to last. Seriously, who cares about junk mail? I don't even bring it in my house. It makes a straight line from the mailbox to the dumpster. This company's product is a sinking ship.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery one of you should hang your heads in shame for allowing the account service management to behave as they do. They act like pre-schoolers and don't have the sense to be successful at managing human beings. It's a mean girls club and they love the power trip of confusing new employees and neglecting their responsibilities as trainers and leaders.

Eh, it's ok I suppose

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsNice coworkers. Very friendly and welcoming. That was my favorite part.

ConsTerrible management. They play favorites. if you are a girl who dresses cute you might be liked by them.

Great Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Helena, AL (US)

ProsMspark is a great place to work. The culture is very employee-oriented. The people all work hard, but are very committed to doing a great job.

ConsI am unable to list any cons. It's a great place to work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great atmosphere in a dying industry

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Helena, AL (US)

ProsThere is a great corporate atmosphere. The training is very thorough

Consselling print mail is EXTREMELY difficult in the digital age. The new hire compensation system is bad for sales. And the account services and graphics team are grossly underpaid.

Advice to Senior ManagementRethink the sales process for Inside Sales. It doesn't work the same as outside sales. The new hire compensation system is bad for sales. And the account services and graphics team are grossly underpaid.

Great at recruiting great people. Total mismatch of talent and position.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-they have recruited great talent
    -software developed on-site
    -all depts great to work with except client services
    -appear to be growing in a bright new direction
    -produce loyal and hard-working employees

Cons-in need of management overhaul
    -high turnover in client services

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a complete mismatch of talent and skill in client services. Sales staff is stressed out trying to meet unrealistic goals. Double marketing...outsource client services.

Its a good place to start a career, just don't stay too long

Technical Field (Current Employee)

ProsGood Ice Machine
    Flexible schedule
    Lots of friendly co-workers
    Good place to meet new people

ConsIT does not fix issues in a timely manner
    Like to Hire from the outside instead of promote from within
    A lot of good people hampered by bad decisions from the top
    Good place to meet new people

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more stock in tenue and performance, not outfits.
    Treat all the groups evenly don't make it obvious who the favourites are.

Kindergarten!

Account Manager (Current Employee) Helena, AL (US)

ProsBenefits aren't bad, office is generally clean, jeans & t-shirt environment, there is a gym & plenty of vending machines, there is an activity committee that tries to give a "family" feel to the place.

ConsMicromanaging everything
    Promotions = working there for 3 months and braiding your boss's hair
    Unfair workload
    Management is gossipy, childish and values likeability over capability.
    notes must be taken at meetings, classes must be attended, forms must be filled out and time must be wasted in order to provide data for measurable standards that in no way benefit an employee, with the obvious exception of not allowing them the needed time to do their jobs.
    Sales has all the power
    Deadline driven environment with ZERO downtime
    No breathing room

Advice to Senior ManagementCalm down, back off and let everyone do the jobs you hired us to do. No one enjoys wasting time and our futures here are uncertain enough.

Please oh please stay away

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsWork from home, flexible schedule

ConsExtreme micro managing for a job with no base salary. VERY outdated technically.

Advice to Senior Managementstop the micro management.

Good learning experience

Territorial Sales Executive (Former Employee)

ProsSales support ( but that has gone away for most accounts now), Marketing and mapping departments giving you collateral materials, product is excellent and relevant.

ConsInternal departments have become victims of bureaucracy and are more concerned with number targets than getting actual work done. Simultaneously cut base salary and commission percentage so many sales people left. It's a shell of the sales organization it once was.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour profit margins may be better but the culture has been destroyed and I would pose that this has fundamentally weakened the company for it's long term future and viability. However, that may be of little concern to the investors who are looking to maximize profits and then bail.

Micromanagement

Artist (Current Employee) Helena, AL (US)

ProsPay is fair. Casual dress and atmosphere. Office is nice. Software is up to date and computers are very good.

ConsMiddle management micromanages every part of the art department. There isn't room for career advancement. Information is horded by managers. "Busy work". Pay raises are low. Good work is not rewarded. There is low worker morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not treat your workers like children. Set out a career path where your artists can get more responsibility and more skills and advance in their careers.

Worked for Mspark? Contribute to the Community!