Mylan Inc

Mylan Inc Reviews

Updated Mar 27, 2014

Mylan Inc CEO and Director Heather Bresch

Heather Bresch

Fantastic growth organization, aiming for the stars

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

ProsTop notch benefits, passionate and heroic individual contributors, huge and consistent bonus component, and proven leadership. If your goal is to work in a corporate environment and have consistent opportunities for personal and professional growth, Mylan is a great choice.

ConsWork/life balance can suffer through frequent, large project cycles. High performers may thrive, but high performance is considered to be them minimum expectation.

Advice to Senior ManagementRestructure bonus program to better incentivize the highest performers. The difference between average and amazing can be immaterial.

Keep aiming high!

I wouldn't reccommend this place to my worst enemy...

Canonsburg, PA (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

ProsStrong company with a strong future

ConsThe leadership at Mylan does not care about their employees. They lead with fear rather than respect. Even within the departments, everyone looks to put the blame on someone else and no one hesitates to throw a colleague under the bus to save their own behind. The culture is defeating. Lots of yelling, swearing and name calling from the top down - no respect for employees whatsoever.

Great Benefits

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany has awesome benefits, from medical coverage to educational reimbursement. If you are interested in going back to school and are willing to put in the work, Mylan will pay up to 100% of your education based on your grade.

ConsLike any other company, there are always politics that go on and will always go on. My experience was that the pros of the company benefits outweighed the cons. There was limited room for advancement during my employment.

Union Worker

Union Manufacturing (Current Employee)
Morgantown, WV (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

ProsPay and benefits are above average and most days the job is relatively easy even in one of the more difficult departments that I am in. I get paid more than many of the company employees such as chemists, etc. Especially, when overtime is factored in. There is certainly no reason to complain when people are outside digging ditches for much less. That doesn't stop people here from complaining though.

ConsA lot of politics are involved in this job ever since the company went global and Puskar passed away. The treatment of employees has most certainly went down. The regulations being imposed by the company (the FDA is actually less stringent) have increased by a great margin. Most of the regulations are senseless and only in place to justify the jobs of the quality workers that enforce them. You also receive very little respect when wearing a union uniform and are treated as if you're a second class citizen at times, despite that fact that many in the union hold advanced degrees higher than the people managing them. It can definitely be discouraging at times. In the companies defense, many union employees are lazy and worthless and are most likely the reason we have come to be treated this way.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep watching your employee's closely and treat those that actually do their job with respect and leave the degradation to the union employee's that do not. Communicate more efficiently and hire from within so future supervisor's and management employees aren't just guessing at how to run the company and actually have a background of what's involved.

Its working always on improvement of Quality Systems.

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time

ProsIt provides more Job satisfaction.

ConsWorkaholic nature and Production oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould focus more on Employee benefit.

Nice experiance

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for less than a year

ProsGlobal platform with core standards

ConsThere is no matter which to share

Good place to work

Buyer (Former Employee)
Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Prosclose to dart, nice people

Conslow salaries, not easy to get promoted

Advice to Senior Managementok

physically and mentally exhausting.

Trainee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mylan Inc as an intern for less than a year

Prossalary is higher compared to other companies.

ConsHeavy workload,extreme pressure from senior officials,abusive language by management ,impolite behaviour , lack of human touch and no co-operation by the HR(very un-professional way of working).initial training period is 2 years in which salary is less.

Advice to Senior Managementchange the way of working of the HR.

Great company to work for!

I have been working at Mylan Inc

ProsExcellent salary and benefits provided.

ConsHigh turnover rate in hiring as weak are eliminated.

Strange company

Middle Manager (Current Employee)
Canonsburg, PA (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc

ProsInspiring mission, compensation, can do attitude of the culture, good company to work for in a bad economy, location is great, low cost of living, good CEO

ConsMore SVPs per square inch than an investment bank, some SVPs very weak and/or poor leadership models but persist, very poor communication, weak HR function, very political environment. Long work weeks, not sustainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalent management is an area to look into and improve. Need to improve communication and transparency - VPs seem afraid to cascade information down, unclear why this is but should be fixed.

Worked for Mylan Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mylan Inc reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Mylan Inc CEO Heather Bresch. All 31 reviews are posted anonymously by Mylan Inc employees.