Mylan Inc

3.6

Mylan Inc CEO and Director Heather Bresch
Heather Bresch

Middle Management

Current Employee - Middle Manager in Canonsburg, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Middle Manager in Canonsburg, PA (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Pay is above average and the benefits are unbeatable.

Cons

Poor work/life balance, very difficult to get time off. Even on vacation, you are expected to work. Over 40 hours a week every week is the expectation and when you are not in the office, it is expected you are mobile connected and still working. Upper management would rather hire outside rather than promote from within.

Understand that not everybody wants to be married to the company.

Good Company

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros

Company growth, career growth, great people

Cons

Growing fast, infrastructure not keeping up with industry growth

Invest the extra time to allow for proper structure of programs and systems.

yearly

Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Maintenance Technician in Napa, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Manufacturing Maintenance Technician in Napa, CA (US)

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

lots of growth with possibilities of moving on the other companies in the mylan family. Very professional company with great benefits.

Cons

Manufacturing primarily in the east coast. Not open minded to west coast development. Hire from pool within company.

more open mindedness

A great place to learn and grow

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is a strong entrepreneurial spirit in this company. No one looks over your shoulder, everyone contributes, and everyone seems happy to be here. The corporate mission translates very well to the lower ranks. I get great exposure to top executives, but that has more to do with my position than the company overall.

Cons

Pay is good for Pittsburgh standards, but for my position it's definitely low relative to what I could get using my same skill set elsewhere.

I love this place a lot

I worked at Mylan Inc

Pros

I love this place very much

Cons

none...its great place to work

20th Century Manufacturer

Current Employee - Scientist in Saint Albans, VT (US)
    Current Employee - Scientist in Saint Albans, VT (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

pay and benefits package is very good

Cons

This is a very antiquated 20th century management group, which lacks leadership skills, provides little or no direction or vision among managers and supervisors. Blind obedience is the daily order of the day.

Be more receptive and open to employee improvement suggestions, and stop encouraging employees to inform on one another. Encourage adult, rational interactions.

Fantastic growth organization, aiming for the stars

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros

Top notch benefits, passionate and heroic individual contributors, huge and consistent bonus component, and proven leadership. If your goal is to work in a corporate environment and have consistent opportunities for personal and professional growth, Mylan is a great choice.

Cons

Work/life balance can suffer through frequent, large project cycles. High performers may thrive, but high performance is considered to be them minimum expectation.

Restructure bonus program to better incentivize the highest performers. The difference between average and amazing can be immaterial.

Keep aiming high!

I wouldn't reccommend this place to my worst enemy...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canonsburg, PA (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Strong company with a strong future

Cons

The leadership at Mylan does not care about their employees. They lead with fear rather than respect. Even within the departments, everyone looks to put the blame on someone else and no one hesitates to throw a colleague under the bus to save their own behind. The culture is defeating. Lots of yelling, swearing and name calling from the top down - no respect for employees whatsoever.

Great Benefits

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company has awesome benefits, from medical coverage to educational reimbursement. If you are interested in going back to school and are willing to put in the work, Mylan will pay up to 100% of your education based on your grade.

Cons

Like any other company, there are always politics that go on and will always go on. My experience was that the pros of the company benefits outweighed the cons. There was limited room for advancement during my employment.

Union Worker

Current Employee - Union Manufacturing in Morgantown, WV (US)
    Current Employee - Union Manufacturing in Morgantown, WV (US)

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay and benefits are above average and most days the job is relatively easy even in one of the more difficult departments that I am in. I get paid more than many of the company employees such as chemists, etc. Especially, when overtime is factored in. There is certainly no reason to complain when people are outside digging ditches for much less. That doesn't stop people here from complaining though.

Cons

A lot of politics are involved in this job ever since the company went global and Puskar passed away. The treatment of employees has most certainly went down. The regulations being imposed by the company (the FDA is actually less stringent) have increased by a great margin. Most of the regulations are senseless and only in place to justify the jobs of the quality workers that enforce them. You also receive very little respect when wearing a union uniform and are treated as if you're a second class citizen at times, despite that fact that many in the union hold advanced degrees higher than the people managing them. It can definitely be discouraging at times. In the companies defense, many union employees are lazy and worthless and are most likely the reason we have come to be treated this way.

Keep watching your employee's closely and treat those that actually do their job with respect and leave the degradation to the union employee's that do not. Communicate more efficiently and hire from within so future supervisor's and management employees aren't just guessing at how to run the company and actually have a background of what's involved.

Mylan Inc Photos