NASDAQ OMX Group Reviews

Updated 16 October 2014
3.1

NASDAQ OMX Group Chief Executive Officer Bob Greifeld
Bob Greifeld

Pros
  • Good benefits including 6% 401(k) match, but no public transportation stipend (in 6 reviews)

• Brand recognition, intense work environment, never a dull moment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of senior management are not that bright; others are excellent (in 11 reviews)

• Upper Management have no clue on the business area I worked under (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Very happy to work here. Work is challenging. Tough hours but rewards are also great.

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group

Pros

Good total rewards and pay for performance package. Good team members.

Cons

Career growth could be limited. But things will hopefully move in the right direction. Sometimes long stressful hours. Less vacation.

Senior management does not understand how lower level works really hard. They should plan things well.

Small company in a large packaging

Current Employee - Associate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Associate in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Talented and driven colleagues
    Work/life balance - check
    Nice office

Cons

Career development is non-existent
    Culture clash - US vs Scandinavia
    Trying to be more cost efficient (cheap) than necessary

Competitive work environment

Former Employee - Managing Director in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Managing Director in San Francisco, CA (US)

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent place to build your resume and gain experience

Cons

A bit political and you need to be out of NYC for major advancement opportunities

Great place to learn and be prepared for a fast-paced environment

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group

Pros

It's a great place to learn about the U.S. securities exchanges and financial services industry. You will always be learning something new each day.

Cons

Depending on the department, opportunities for attending formal training may not always be available.

Was very satisfied with my position at NASDAQ OMX

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work environment was very pleasant, the work load was always very steadily busy, location of office was a great commute for me, management team was very nice to work with, it was great work experience for me

Cons

budget cuts cost me my job or I would still be there, I would work for NASDAQ at any given moment, it was great work experience for me

Anonymous

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Had a wonderful experience working wih peers and management. it was a great experience learning about the working of the stock market and its rules.

Cons

None that i could think of.

None.

Quality work, low recognition, bad judgment, understaffed, management backfighting

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Brand recognition, intense work environment, never a dull moment. Learn a lot on your own.

Cons

Poor management decision making, understaffed, cutting to the bone, overworked, no training. Cost cutters celebrated but the negative impact on quality will be noticed and likely blamed elsewhere. No training. Bottom line is king. The best and brightest not promoted. Favoritism rules. Across the board dissatisfaction and people trying to leave.

Find out what's going on below you. Your decision making is so clouded by cost cutting that you are increasingly jeopardizing quality over low cost. Will have a real impact when the problems become so big it can't be ignored and clients will notice - p.s., they already have....

Terrible management. CEO needs to step-down

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ESPP plan, Brand name, view from the building

Cons

This company does not believe in investing in its people. Their entire attitude towards their employees is to get the most out of them while giving them the least amount of training, growth opportunity, comp, respect or appreciation. CEO micromanages everything, down to the hiring of analyst level positions. Surrounded by yes men/women who can do nothing to help the staff. Constant fire drills and chaos in the work. Everything has to be done now, at the whim of senior management. Bottom line is everything, people mean nothing.

In order to grow, you need to invest in your people and infrastructure. Constant cost cutting is not the the way to improve your product and ultimately your bottom line.

Very unorganized with clueless and reactionary management.

I worked at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time

Pros

Local team was great to work with.

Cons

Management is more concerned with reactionary cost cutting and saving their own jobs than they are with the effect it will create down the road. There are a lot of faceless names calling the shots with out even stepping foot in the door to find out what the issue are and how to fix them.

If you keep cut down to the bone, you will have no muscle to flex your strength. Treat your employees like they matter to the company and not just a number on a spreadsheet

Well, what can I say. Really quite bad.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at NASDAQ OMX Group full-time

Pros

Good benefits including 6% 401(k) match, but no public transportation stipend. Decent hours, but they are inflexible. Office is in the Financial District and the commute is easy.

Cons

Base salary is too low for San Francisco. The Thomson Reuters acquisition process was a complete disaster...trying to integrate a larger team into a smaller one in the way they tried just didn't work. Trying to integrate the legacy TR and NASDAQ products together isn't working either. Clients are very unhappy and are canceling left and right to go to competitors. Five sales people have left in the past month alone to get off of the sinking ship. Communication between sales and service is so disjointed that management thinks using Excel spreadsheets is the way to go. There are processes in place just for the sake of having a process.

This company is probably great for you if you are looking to plod along in the same position for 5+ years. Other employees aren't driven and are content with 'stability' over growth. Do not come here if you prefer working in a start-up environment because, contrary to what NASDAQ might tell you, they are not an 'aspiring technology company' and cannot possibly compete with smaller, more nimble competitors.

Treat your employees better. Stop cutting costs at literally every corner and start treating us like it's your employees that make the company. And stop making life for clients difficult just because you can.