NBCUniversal

NBCUniversal Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

NBCUniversal CEO Stephen B. Burke

Stephen B. Burke

Pros
  • Great people and countless opportunities if you can navigate the bureaucracy to locate them(in 29 reviews)

• Fun people, great environment, very relaxing and good work-life balance(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours that is dictated by show schedules(in 23 reviews)

• They speak about a work life balance, but there is none(in 8 reviews)

Great!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWas in the NYC office and loved how many opportunities were there. Got the opportunity to meet someone new and learn something new on a daily basis! Everyone was very friendly and there are simply so many different assets within NBCUniversal that you are bound to find a fit.

ConsWas really large in size and gets hard to navigate at times. There is also a lot of politics and layers of approval so some things that should be easy become difficult.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt was a great place to work. I had an internship at NBC and my supervisors were really helpful in preparing me to get a job after the internship was over.

ConsThere weren't really any cons other than that I didn't get the actual job. However, that was because they were on a hiring freeze.

Challenging

Senior Research Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood Training, Hands-on, Fun Environment, Friendly

ConsLack of promotion, lack of raises,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Page Program

Pros+Great experience
    +Lots of fun times w/ celebs

Cons-Pay
    -No benefits to use
    -Pay again

NBC Universal

ProsGreat company in a pleasant atmosphere with fairly flexible work arrangements.

ConsNot enough synergy among various business groups and a lot of duplicated effort. Very long process to get hired

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed some centralized management instead of all these rouge business units

Jerry Springer Intern

At Jerry Springer (Former Employee) Stamford, CT (US)

ProsAlways entertaining, minimum wage pay, easy to get time off, love NBC as a brand, also the career center is extremely helpful

ConsThe supervisors are rude, they have outrageous expectations for interns, they do not provide any REAL production experience, its mostly just slave labor

This is a solid company to work for.

Broadcast Engineer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsThe pay is great. The work is exciting. The people are cool. The sky is the limit.

ConsSometimes the hours can be tough. There may be some graveyard shifts and long days.

Typical TV station values ratings over relationships, but otherwise not a bad place to work.

Reporter (Former Employee) Fort Worth, TX (US)

ProsAll of my co-workers treated me like a valuable part of the team.

ConsManagement treated me like I had value only when they needed me. When they found a cheaper solution, they went with it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not forget that the way you treat people does make a difference. You can be a great manager and a person of integrity.

I love working here!

Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsLots of brilliant people
    Fun atmosphere
    Heavy investment in cultivating strong talent
    Easy internal mobility

ConsMany divisions are super top-heavy, leaving less room for manager or specialist level roles
    Not a lot of opportunities between coordinator and manager level
    Positions are extremely underpaid when compared to other industries

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on creating better position hierarchy so that you can retain talent beyond the first 3-5 years after school. We know that in order to become "manager-level" or to make proper compensation, we have to leave and come back. It would be nice if that wasn't the case.

Best Internship Ever!!!

News Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsIt is very hands-on and you get the opportunity to do almost everything! The people I worked with were very nice and encouraging.

ConsI don't have any cons that I feel I need to discuss, except that this internship requires the intern to really think outside the box and be quick on their foot and with thoughts and ideas.

Worked for NBCUniversal? Contribute to the Community!