NCR

NCR Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

NCR Chairman, President & CEO Bill Nuti

Bill Nuti

Pros
  • Management team speaks frequently on maintaining work-life balance(in 35 reviews)

• Great option for female employers as there are work from home options(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is a challenge for most employees since this is truely a global company(in 33 reviews)

• Many employees have since left after being treated so poorly by upper management from Atlanta(in 32 reviews)

Ok to work so far so good. To be honest it is not up to the level of MNC. If you want to work under yes boss people u ca

QA Lead and Scrum Master (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsTime Flexibility
    Leave policy
    Car lease policy for higher grades

ConsNo proper plan from high level management.
    Naming sake we are following Agile but it's own and customized framework we followed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey know very well about what needs to be done as they were also came from lower levels. But they didn;t execute what employees want.

Growth is stagnant...

Cash Analyst (Former Employee) Vikhroli

ProsFreedom on internet...is the only benefit...

ConsCompensation changes to the new employees and the old ones differ to a considerable extent but still the same is not looked into seriously.
    Work-life balance is not taken into consideration...
    Company is the only thing that is important, employees personal space is neglected.
    Also, the job description and the actual role varies and is supposed to be taken care by the joinee.

The best company i have ever worked with :)

Test Engineer (Current Employee) Hyderābād

ProsManagement, Culture, Ethics, Time, View

ConsMaintenanance(Interiors,hygiene,facilities), ITS, Canteen, sports, Brand value

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need to improve our Facilities and ITS is not upto the mark

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Females are Not supported, even asked to resign before maternity...

ProsIt's a MNC & people join because of good good brand name

ConsManagers are non supportive & mean.
    Some of them are incompetent to manage even small teams. Personal bias & egos are high.

HR is ignorent & has no control.
    There are no review system for mangers.

I have been pushed to resign before my maternity leaves.. What more I can say!

Advice to Senior ManagementKindly try to listen to employees and must conduct engagement survey every year.

IT Guys beware of working with NCR Corp India (Gurgaon)

Software Developer (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsWork life balance
    Transport
    no attendance system
    no dress code
    no IT protocol

ConsCompany change your technologies, as per their wishes.
    People are hired & treated as Slave
    Gurgaon management works like a puppet & governed by US Management
    No Development work, most of teams only work on support task
    Onsite chances are very less,but if u have good term with your managers then yes you have edge over others.
    Company hire you for development & move you to support and only support.
    All decision makings are in the hand of US managers.
    Appraisals are purely unfair & only follows favoritism. Don't expect more than 5% to 7%
    Before appraisal NCR, realize cost saving and due to that pay hike for your hardship suffers. It is a regular practice YoY.
    Unfair labor practices (work timings can be changed as per management wish)
    No standard process & policies
    HR system is online, no escalation matrix. No physical present to listen your concern. In-fact HR works on the command of Business. NCR India follows one rule-Hell with HR, your manager is always right.
    Company has no growth plan, every 2 years they change their brand logo, vision, mission But in actual their lost & badly beaten by competitors.
    In ITS (Gurgaon), Management doesn't prefer to hire people from Outside for Sr.roles as they are afraid of changing their fancy lifestyles & attitude.

If u have offer from NCR Corp, think twice before joining. Lot of Foolish Managers are welcoming you to spoil your career.

Advice to Senior ManagementFair compensation for all jobs.
    Fair job evaluation process, don't hire people & ruin their careers.
    Fair chances to be given during Internal Rotation, as most of people are favored & appraised on the basis of wrong doings with their managers.
    Invest more time in training your managers in Gurgaon, as most of them are ruining this center.
    Specially Operation Managers have created their lobby & only provide profile to their favorite ones.

Good

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsGood salary, good work in some project only

ConsTop management poor. HR and managers are not that process oriented.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease introduce new talent..

" Work Culture is Good "

Senior Analyst - IT Helpdesk (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsBrand Name of the Company is the only reason to work here.

ConsSenior Management is bad understanding employees.

One of the very good place to work

ProsWork culture, work-life balance, opportunities, environment, everything is really good

ConsNothing till now. Everything is really good

Ok Ok place to work with

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

Pros1) work life balance is fine
    2) not much workload.

Cons1) Can't expect good salary hike inspite being top performer.
    2) same hike to everyone whether you are on big fat package or on very less package.
    3) Career growth is not there whatever profile and on whatever work you are doing , go on do the same for 5 years or 10 years.
    4) Employee trainings and skillset enhancements are not encouraged.

Advice to Senior Management1) focus on employees rather then acquiring companies.
    2) do not take IT department as liability its the department which is giving you much much value and for your knid information if you will outsource the same work to some other company you will have to pay hefty dollars.

Not a starter company

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsWork life balance is good

ConsMissing professional approach. Poor review process, lack of good infrastructure

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should work more on employee satisfaction other than compensation benefits. Needs to be more communicative.

Worked for NCR? Contribute to the Community!