NIKE

NIKE Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker

Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too(in 57 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have a family it can be difficult to manage work life balance(in 22 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors(in 22 reviews)

good company,lots of work...lots of rewards

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbig company....lots of hard work needed......everybody knows the name....u gets rewarded if you work..promotion is also there

Conscompetiton is there...u to have save yourself from back biters..also do the work neately

nike is very good company

Database Administrator (Current Employee) Kānpur, Uttar Pradesh

Prosnike is very comfortable company

Consit is better company as we know

Advice to Senior Managementits timing is good to come and go

Good learning and an exciting client to work with

SAP Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsGood nature of work, highly integrated business processes.

ConsToo many interfaces and systems

Advice to Senior Management-

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, amazing company!

Coach (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV (US)

ProsFun environment in which you can thrive if you put your mind to it. Comfortable work attire and pride in representing a very infamous brand. The brand is very people oriented.

ConsSome processes are very dated for being such a global company. One leader can ruin a working environment, and politics very much come into play often.

passionate, hard working people, top notch product, really proud of my time there.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

Prosthe people, the work, the product-- all world class. hard to compete with the environment-- the campus, the gym, the cafeterias, etc. that enhance the work, the projects and delivering to the consumer.

Consremember, Nike is a Company.... and while you may be totally invested in it, the company may not be invested in you. Be smart- make good moves and remember not to keep all your eggs in one basket-- develop outside interests, friends, dry-cleaners.

Advice to Senior Managementget HR to get it's act together. ugh.

Very professional and fun.

Nike Athlete (Former Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsAmazing company to work for. They atmosphere was fun, a lot of employees go through there but they are all around the same age and make things fun. Training and working was very easy, work was more fun than it was anything else.

ConsI really cannot think of any cons about working for nike. I love it.

Fun and challenging, but better to be an FTE.

Program Coordinator (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR (US)

ProsFast-paced environment. Great people. Constant change. Interesting work. There are many different departments to work in and they are all different. The Nike Campus is highly energizing. Most of the time you are not micro-managed. You get a lot of independence (as long as you spend most of your time reporting what you did..) You do have the opportunity to make a difference. Lot's of benefits - celebrations, Nike employee store, free Nike taxi, restaurants on campus. Most of the people are encouraging and helpful and teamwork is essential.

ConsContractors are not treated equally. Such a huge company with so much change that no one is ever up to date with processes and procedures. If you don't have an energetic and motivated personality, you will fade away (not sure that's a con, but might be to some people).

Advice to Senior ManagementMore parties with beer please. Just kidding. I think it would be very helpful to have functions that include more than one department - often, two departments are working on different parts of the same project and don't even know it - you're missing out on a lot of synergy.

Awesome place to work.

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) Portland, OR (US)

ProsGreat group of folks to work with. Some of the best talent in the industry can be found at Nike Headquarter. Perks and compensations are very competitive.

ConsCommunication is hard to handle in a place so big. So often it happens that the right people are not involved in meetings/presentations for concepts that a lot of things falls through the cracks and are not noticed until too late.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication and things will get easier.

Great career building experience.

ProsNike develops its employees into some of the best marketing professionals in the world. Their approach is grounded in developing strong consumers connections that will enhance brand loyalty. Employees that leave often become CMO's or CEO's and go on to have successful careers.

ConsCareer progression is slow at Nike. The company has low turnover and many layers which can make it challenging to move up in the organization.

good place to work in

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Prosfriendly seniors are there to guide and teach you on the job.

Conslow hourly salary for a part time job

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!