Nautilus

Be The First To
Add Photos

Nautilus CEO Bruce M. Cazenave

Bruce M. Cazenave

great place to work and learn

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat place to work and learn

Consless salary more work you have to do

Leadership is so disconnected; company of mediocres

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsGym, flex-time, community involvement, employee discount on products, good benefits, bonus

ConsPoor leadership, no career growth, no career growth

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees in the trenches... just don't get fooled by the BS fed by the middle mgmt.
    Empower the people who really care - and fire the yes-men... they are hurting you...
    Anyone who opens his mouth is fired - why? Create an environment of healthy information exchange and promote exchange of ideas...

Has potential but it's like going back to High School

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOverall good company and ok management. A handful of people are very friendly and do their best to encourage an open, fun culture. The work they do in the community is one of their strongest pros.

ConsIt's very much about who you know there. Personal relationships between employees and management was noticeable and discouraging. A good work/life balance is talked about but rarely supported in some departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the relationships management has certain employees and stop rewarding favoritism.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great commission, but a very hostile environment to work in.

Sales Professional (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsSome of the best commission I ever made was working at Nautilus as a Sales Professional. They did not micro manage you and you can build up your own good customer loyalty. I believed in the products and really liked helping customers with their fitness needs. Great benefits.

ConsThe company values were very disappointing. They had no loyalty for seniority and did not care how many years you worked for the company as far as status goes. They treated every employee (in the sales department) as though they could easily be replaced. Poor leadership is what made me leave in the long run, even though I thoroughly enjoyed my job.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is: If you want to break away from creating a "hostile environment" (in the sales floor), you need to stop routing calls to your favorite employees. The hostility will not stop until everyone has a fair chance on the sales floor. For those few employees who are not skilled in sales, place them on Performance Plans and move on. Simple as that! This is coming from someone who was one of your Top performers and number 1 in sales for many years. Had all the sales calls been routed fairly, I would not have had to voice my discontentment and things might have turned out differently for me and many of your other Top performers whom expressed the same concerns and ultimately left the company. Listen and learn from this that is if you care anything about the future of your company.

Fun company culture... depending on your location.

Supervisor (Current Employee)

ProsNautilus encourages and supports employees who want to live a healthy lifestyle. The corporate headquarters in Vancouver WA has a very nice on-site gym (free for employees + family members) and vending machines that have healthy snack options. Employees who work at the Vancouver location can participate in several (free) activities like kickball, hood-to-coast/Portland-to-coast, Tough Mudder, weight loss and fitness challenges, and BBQs.

Most (but not all) of the positions in the company have decent/competitive pay. The benefits package is good, but not great (partially paid by employee), but the 401k match is very generous.

The company usually promotes from within, so there is opportunity to grow within the company.

They currently have the best CEO and executive management team of any company I've ever worked for.

Casual attire is a nice perk. Jeans are acceptable for most departments/positions.

Good location... easy to get to and within walking distance to several stores and restaurants.

ConsSome departments have cliques and make you feel like you're back in high school, meaning if you fit in you will enjoy work and will probably advance/get promoted. But, if you don't "fit it" you will not get promoted, no matter how good or qualified you are for the job. This is not just my personal opinion, it's a well known fact and talked about openly amongst employees.

Job satisfaction may depend on your location. The Portland, Oregon location (the company's distribution facility) does not have the same culture as the Vancouver, WA (corporate headquarters) location. Employees at the Portland location don't have an opportunity to participate in most of the activities with the Vancouver employees. The Portland location is mostly all work, no play/no fun. Also, the Portland location has a lot of mandatory overtime, including many weekends and holidays. Definitely not family oriented or work/life balance.

Most employees at the Vancouver location sit in small windowless cubicles.

Advice to Senior ManagementH.R. should listen to employees when they say there's a problem. When employees raise red-flags about a specific manager or supervisor, it should be taken seriously. The high turnover in some departments could be significantly reduced by listening and acting upon employee feedback.

keep your friends close and your enemies closer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsFun, busy work. Great co-workers, nice work environment, great CEO, Decent benefits. Very flexible schedule in my department. Paid holidays were nice.

ConsUpper management in my department was not at all personable or approachable. They like to take the credit for the work others did. Pushed their "dirty" work on to others. Right hand does not know what the left is doing. Conflicting information given depending on who you asked. Too many switching of positions without talking to those affected by the changes. Don't like it? Too bad so sad attitude.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together, get off the power trip and start being nice to those who are under you. This would be a great company- but a few bad apples do spoil the bunch.

They fire people for no reason at all

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsGood Pay for sales employees

ConsThey have a large turn over of good employees

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Good Employees employed- check out why the manager wants to fire an employee

Company isn't doing as well as it use to

Sales (Former Employee) Vancouver, WA (US)

ProsIt was a strong company back 2001

ConsIt's management need's a lot of work but they hire good people

Struggling but great company

ProsRelational interaction positive, lively fun culture.

ConsMany financial ups and downs while they get their feet back on the ground.

Analalyst

ProsSupply chain analyst not a bad job but no promotion oppertunities. Has a nice gym and good benefits a plus

Consworking for a complany that has disvalued 10 x over the last 5 year is hard limied promotion advancanments avaliable

Worked for Nautilus? Contribute to the Community!