Network Health Reviews

3.4
Christopher "Kit" Gorton

1. Specialist

I have been working at Network Health

Pros

Good salary
    Average benefits
    Opportunity for growth

Cons

Poor leadership at manager and director level
    Directors reward managers who are publicly offensive and disrespectful
    Senior leadership from Network Health does not address real issues, avoid any conflict

Advice to Management

Directors and managers need better leadership training, and specifically should not reward managers who fail to display professionalism; check manager, and director social media forums to address any inappropriate postings.

2. Good Place to Work

I have been working at Network Health

Pros

Good benefits with potential for growth

Cons

You have to pay for parking.

3. changed throughout the years significantly.

I worked at Network Health

Pros

When I worked there they had a ton of great benefits. My NWH family was extremely nice and helpful

Cons

When I left they had just merged with Tufts Health Plan and the company was undergoing a significant amount of changes.

5. Consistent Change

I have been working at Network Health

Pros

Good people, improving quality of new hires due to better hiring policies, opportunities to move into other positions for growth if you are exceptional (lateral only), the quality of the rank and file managers has improved.

Cons

Poor but improving processes, many teams understaffed with increasing workloads and expectations, some clear weakness in the senior leadership team, morale is low at the Director level due to the number of terminations and job eliminations in their ranks, growing gap between staff and senior leadership with the elimination of the director-level positions.

Advice to Management

Network Health is in its third year of acquisition by Tufts Health Plan with the vast majority of senior leadership having been turned over in that time. I would ask leadership to focus your efforts on the improvement of the organization more than your own advancement, job security, and dominance within your own peer group and larger enterprise.

6. Great Mission, growing pains

Former Contractor - Analyst in Medford, MA (US)
    Former Contractor - Analyst in Medford, MA (US)

I worked at Network Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

- Friendly co-workers
    - Great organization mission, which everyone believes in. It's not just lip service.
    - Everyone is encouraged to participate in fundraising events, and the company usually matches the funds that the employees raise

Cons

- Some employees really resent contractors and do their best to undermine them, even at the risk of derailing critical projects
    - There are competing priorities which makes it difficult to keep focus on projects
    - Work / life balance is out of whack, and employees are burning out

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with your focus on the company mission, but also consider how to encourage your most talented employees to stick around.

7. This place treats you right

Current Employee - Provider Payment Analyst in Medford, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Provider Payment Analyst in Medford, MA (US)

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- The company culture is very positive, constructive, and friendly.
    - The company puts its employees first, and makes you feel like you matter. There's plenty of health/wellness programs, investment in training, and employee rewards.
    - There's lots of potential for advancement! Hard work and good ideas matter more than hierarchy or office politics.
    - It's a non-profit that makes a positive contribution to the community.

Cons

- Sometimes things are done in a messy, slipshod way. You might find yourself stumbling over lots of outgrown bandages.
    - It can be very confusing to get a handle on proper procedure. There's a lack of documentation, with too many policies left unwritten or written vaguely.

Advice to Management

The company needs more communication and information sharing between departments. It needs a better focus on long-term solutions, instead of just getting through the next crisis.

8. Company doesn't have enough money to pay everyone a high salary

Former Employee - EDI Developer
    Former Employee - EDI Developer

I worked at Network Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Best Times when Christina was the CEO. There was good benefits and treats that made this non profit organization very appealing to work.

Cons

No more free Coffee, reduction on vacation accrual, terms to get your 401K fully vested is more rigid. The benefits are now terrible since the Tufts acquisition. Bad and negligent management. They would keep you working with a LOT of work even if you are not the best employee ...only if you accept to be paid under the average. Once you raise your voice for an increase then you will feel totally ignored. The company doesn't have money and they prefer to hire TEMPS even if they have to pay more for a contract

Solid and worthwhile experience at a growth company.

I worked at Network Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

By and large open lines of communication between business groups. Flexible scheduling and remote workforce encouraged. Operates with a nimble attitude despite the size of the company.

Cons

Some silo-ing and political turf depending on the department. Parent company dictates a lot of policy and process without the benefit of being in the trenches.

Advice to Management

Keep moving towards a mobile/remote workforce, and stand up to the parent company to defend the right course of action.

10. It was good place to work before tufts bought them out

Current Employee - Outreach Social Worker in Medford, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Outreach Social Worker in Medford, MA (US)

I have been working at Network Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

diversity and how they worked with each individual

Cons

because of them being bought by tufts-work environment changed and mission as well as

Advice to Management

human resources had to much power in work-life and because it was bought by two companies once before i started and one before i left - things really changed

Mistreated and total disrespect as a contractor, treated like a dog

Former Contractor - Marketing Contractor in Medford, MA (US)
    Former Contractor - Marketing Contractor in Medford, MA (US)

I worked at Network Health as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

* pay was ok
    * workload was dry and easy

Cons

* Disrespect from many folks in mid-level management
    * Ignored as a contractor (put in corner and never had chance to engage in social activities)
    * No communication until last day (which was unexpected and not announced)
    * No learning. Not the work I was promised

Advice to Management

To the management that deals with contractors: You may have power over a contractor since they have no say in a company, but they are human beings too. I asked for a confirmation on my contract to an employee instead of my recruiter and as a result was punished by early termination. I didn't receive a goodbye or a thank you. I had to pack my things and simply disappear. It was the most strange and most disrespectful thing I have ever faced in a company.

Network Health Photos