Network Health

www.network-health.org

Network Health Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Christopher "Kit" Gorton

It was good place to work before tufts bought them out

Outreach Social Worker (Current Employee) Medford, MA (US)

Prosdiversity and how they worked with each individual

Consbecause of them being bought by tufts-work environment changed and mission as well as

Advice to Senior Managementhuman resources had to much power in work-life and because it was bought by two companies once before i started and one before i left - things really changed

Solid and worthwhile experience at a growth company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBy and large open lines of communication between business groups. Flexible scheduling and remote workforce encouraged. Operates with a nimble attitude despite the size of the company.

ConsSome silo-ing and political turf depending on the department. Parent company dictates a lot of policy and process without the benefit of being in the trenches.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving towards a mobile/remote workforce, and stand up to the parent company to defend the right course of action.

Company doesn't have enough money to pay everyone a high salary

EDI Developer (Former Employee)

ProsBest Times when Christina was the CEO. There was good benefits and treats that made this non profit organization very appealing to work.

ConsNo more free Coffee, reduction on vacation accrual, terms to get your 401K fully vested is more rigid. The benefits are now terrible since the Tufts acquisition. Bad and negligent management. They would keep you working with a LOT of work even if you are not the best employee ...only if you accept to be paid under the average. Once you raise your voice for an increase then you will feel totally ignored. The company doesn't have money and they prefer to hire TEMPS even if they have to pay more for a contract

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Mistreated and total disrespect as a contractor, treated like a dog

Marketing Contractor (Former Employee) Medford, MA (US)

Pros* pay was ok
    * workload was dry and easy

Cons* Disrespect from many folks in mid-level management
    * Ignored as a contractor (put in corner and never had chance to engage in social activities)
    * No communication until last day (which was unexpected and not announced)
    * No learning. Not the work I was promised

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the management that deals with contractors: You may have power over a contractor since they have no say in a company, but they are human beings too. I asked for a confirmation on my contract to an employee instead of my recruiter and as a result was punished by early termination. I didn't receive a goodbye or a thank you. I had to pack my things and simply disappear. It was the most strange and most disrespectful thing I have ever faced in a company.

the job was fine.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Medford, MA (US)

Prosunderstood the over all company operations

Consneeded a change since i was there for such a long time.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Phenomal!

Medical Economics Analyst (Former Employee) Medford, MA (US)

ProsFamily-oriented culture, laid back work environment, stress-free pace of work

ConsRapid changes due to Tufts acquisition. Organizational inertia when it comes to change. High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementSalaries need to be more in line with market.

Insurance - what were you expecting?

Applications Analyst (Current Employee) Medford, MA (US)

ProsSome of the most dedicated people working to help the most needy frost the poisoned cake of private health insurance.

ConsEveryone is very nice, even when they are nasty

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is no unified goal - sharing work and blame would go a long way. And Christina Severin is not the president - she is at BI now

Bad Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are nice and the majority of the people are friendly.

ConsThere is a distrust of HR which really affects everything. If you have a problem with a manager, there is NO ONE to go to. My boss was the golden boy because he did all the crap work nobody else wanted to so he could do no wrong. He had awful people skills - he was awkward and didn't understand basic empoyee/manager relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out HR - provide a way for employees to provide feedback about managers and supervisors. Those people work in a vacuum and they know it.

Unprofessional work environment

Clinician (Former Employee) Medford, MA (US)

ProsFree coffee, good location, benevolent mission

ConsLoud, people talk all day long, sloppy dress, management absent, unstable atmoshere (management seems to change daily, etc)

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Lots of growth and opportunity

Manager (Current Employee) Medford, MA (US)

ProsThe culture and people are great. There is a cooperative spirit that I have rarely seen at other organizations. The benefits are at least good, though at time of writing the salaries seem to lack by comparison to for-profit organizations.
    There is considerable effort given to shuffle people around internally to take advantage of new opportunities for internal promotion or growth rather than lose experienced individuals.

ConsIt is often hard to figure out what the number 1 priority is -- company growth vs company stability vs auditing or compliance requirements.
    Top-down communications between sr leadership to those below director seems to be sparse.
    Project portfolio every year is huge. It's often hard to complete 100% of a project since we quickly start new ones or they drag on for longer than anticipated.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's easy to believe that because you are very familiar with the strategy, direction or any change that is coming that people further down the reporting chain are as well, but this is not the case. I'd rather see more communication down than less and this we could all use a little more.

Worked for Network Health? Contribute to the Community!