Nissan Reviews

Updated 26 September 2014
Updated 26 September 2014
3.5

Nissan Co-Chairman, President, CEO, Representative Board Member, and Member of the Executive Committee Carlos Ghosn
Carlos Ghosn

Pros
  • Work environment relatively clean and friendly (in 3 reviews)

• Nice work place, friendly environment, good money, good experiance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, sometimes you spend hours with a customer and they don't get anything (in 9 reviews)

• Complete lack of flexibility in working hours (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great product, but could use some improvement.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I sold Nissans for 3 years, but I’ve been a fan of Nissan since I was child. My parents and I have been driving Nissan for 25 years we want to continue that legacy. Nissan offers an excellent product line up with innovating ideas which makes Nissan one of the leaders in foreign auto market. I believe in the product and drive what I sell.
    It’s easy to get Nissan certified and the NNAnet.com site offers a lot of product knowledge for the sales consultant to accumulate to help become a better sales consultant.
    Nissan offers a program to sales consultants during the football season called Sunday Night Rewards which sales consultant depending on which cars they sell during that week and pick the correct football team can accumulate points to which they can cash in for nice things such as Jewelry, gift cards, electronics, apparel, and the list goes on. Unfortunately, this is one of the only rewards/spiffs/spins that Nissan offers other than selling a Nissan Leaf and they discontinued it.

Cons

It’s hard to make money by selling new Nissans on top of your regular dealer pay. Nissan customers just like more foreign car buyers are educated buyers and pretty much know what they want and how much they are going to pay before they enter in the dealership. Nissan has an award of excellence program called Owner First which pays sales consultants based on selling minimum of 6 cars each month, meet NSSI survey minimum of 6, and having a 3 month rolling average score of 933. It’s hard to meet these requirements each month and just recently Nissan raised the requirements yet again to selling a minimum of 8 cars and having a rolling average score of 938.
    Nissan doesn’t start paying the sales consultants until they met their requirements above. Some manufactures will pay their sales consultants extra money on top of their regular dealer pay without having a minimal numbers of cars sold like Kia Hyundai and GM.

The Nissan survey is by far one of the biggest jokes. We cannot coach on the survey but every other manufacture allows it. If you are caught coaching on the survey and the customer indicates it on the survey, Nissan throws a fit at that particular dealership. Why should the sales consultant be penalized on the survey for what happens in finance, variety of inventory, appearance of facility, when it’s something that I have no control over? This is I think one of the main reasons why you do not see that many Nissan sales consultants staying with Nissan for a long period of time. It was one of the reasons why I left. A couple of weeks after I left Nissan, I received a survey in my email about my experience working with Nissan. I did take the time to fill out it and how I think Nissan could improve and keep their sales consultants happy. But I see after that they raised the bar yet again and never took my suggestions.

Re-work the Nissan Survey to where the sales consultant cannot get deducted for questions that the sales consultant has no control over. Listen to your sales consultants and managers at the dealerships when you stop in. We will tell you how we feel and how to fix the problems.Offer spins and pay your sales consultants a little money per car not a minimal requirement. If Nissan paid their sales consultants better, I guarantee more sales consultants would stay with Nissan including me.

Experience at Nissan

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Rolle (Switzerland)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rolle (Switzerland)

I have been working at Nissan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dynamic Company
    Flexible in the work: they have the ability to react fast to changing environment
    Employees can rotate between different departments easily. Change of job every 2 to 3 years

Cons

Flexibility is also given by the work on Excel more than real database management. It means a lot of work duplication
    Demanding company without adequate compensation

NMAC was great to work for as I did a long time, the problem is Nissan North America don't work for them.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Irving, TX (US)

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Small IT department but accomplish more than all the other affiliates

Cons

No many chances to move up if you're a technical person

Oversee your other affiliates better

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

challenging and interesting

Former Employee - Product Planning  in  Rolle (Switzerland)
    Former Employee - Product Planning in Rolle (Switzerland)

I worked at Nissan as an intern for less than a year

Pros

International company, great management support and expertise, great facility

Cons

salary was below the average graduate can find in Switzerland, even for interns

increase salary if you want to retain more talents

Good company to work,

Former Employee - Corporate Senior Communication Manager  in  Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Corporate Senior Communication Manager in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Solid values, good work ambiance and very dynamic.

Cons

Few possibilities to grow and management team most be improve their skills.

Team work is essential to get good results

Good place to work for while figuring out your life or next step.

Current Employee - CR Representative  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - CR Representative in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Nissan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Steady work, good medical benefits. easy job.

Cons

management is temperamental, outdated, and emotional

get a new SR manager

Not very good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

I have been working at Nissan as a contractor

Pros

I am a temp that have been there a year. And the only pro I seeis that I have a job.

Cons

The pay is not good compared to the work they are asking for.

If you are asking for the same quality of work from your temps as the permanent employees. Then your pay and benefits should be closer to Nissan employees. And I think you should look at the fact that you are interviewing temp for positions they are already doing. Which seems to be unfair. Most companies will hire you after three mos. But Nissan have temps there for 2years that are still not permanent.

Good company with opportunity for longevity

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst  in  Torrance, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Torrance, CA (US)

I worked at Nissan full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Loyal to employees create long tenures for employees. Many employees have worked with Nissan for more than 20 years. Even in times of financial recession the company worked hard to avoid layoffs for its employees.

Cons

Though you may have the opportunity to stay with the company for a long time opportunity for advancement may be slim.

Nissan is a great place to work but would benefit from developing effective ways to develop and retain talent

worked as an intern in Nissan for 6 months, a very precious experience

I have been working at Nissan as an intern

Pros

multi cultural environment, nice colleagues, nice building and nice atmosphere

Cons

remote location, employee satisfaction linked to compensation might not be high enough

Nissan experience

I worked at Nissan

Pros

Nissan is an innovative company.

Cons

No company is a perfect company.

Nissan Photos

Nissan Global Head Office

+ Add Photo

Worked for Nissan? Contribute to the Community!