Noble Energy

Noble Energy Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2014

Noble Energy Chairman and CEO Charles D. Davidson

Charles D. Davidson

Lloyd Noble would be embarrassed of this business unit.

Title (Current Employee) Canonsburg, PA (US)

ProsMoney. That's really all I can say. Money and Benefits

ConsArrogant managers, key personnel with lack of applicable experience. Some of the long time employees demonstrate what this business unit should be. Every time upper management comes to town it's a dog and pony show.

Advice to Senior ManagementSmoke and mirrors only go so far. Teach a class on ETHICS since 90 percent of the people here lack them.

It's only a matter of time before it implodes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Canonsburg, PA (US)

ProsI can't think of any...

ConsNo management structure whatsoever. It's a kindergartener operated by the babysitter while the parents are on a high profile vacation in Houston. It's on a matter of time until the wheels come off.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting people from Marietta, Colorado or your "buddies" and consider the people who are actually doing the hard work and not just crying about it.

Very positive experience at Noble Energy.

Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe employees were very nice. The management teams that I worked with were also very nice. They are a very strong Oracle Shop and try to stay up to date with the latest technology.

Consn/a. I will not say anything bad about the place as I would go back there if given an opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow a few work from home days. The employees are all great and should be able to telecommute whenever they have special situations going on. It takes some employees over a hour and a half to get into the office.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good, but not great...

IT Intern (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsVery personable managers.
    Lots of room for growth.

ConsI think the environment can sometimes be a little to "lax" ... I like to have a more structured environment with clear direction from my manager.
    I also think that their IT department is not on the right track ... The answer is NOT to see how many third party companies we can use!

Contractor for 6 months.

Contractor (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsNot any that I could see.

ConsVery political environment. Left hand does not know what the right hand is doing and they don't care. They don't care if one department is over budget by millions. The employees seem to hate their jobs and do not even say Hi to people. There does not seem to be any "Team work" at all. People who have been there a long time have titles that are not earned and their position certainly is not respected. They need to do a management overhaul, especially in the Denver office. Paying a larger salary does not mean people will be happy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice your leadership skills, if you actually have them. Plant some strong people in the Denver office and see what they are doing and how they are treating people. Noble office in Denver is giving O&G as BAD name in Colorado! For goodness sake, give a snow day when it is needed, no sense in putting people in danger when they can work at home just as efficiently.

lots of opportunity to make things happen

Proslots of management face time, fast paced, top management gives some thought about employees, financially well managed, opportunity for advancement as company grows

ConsIT very inefficient and can make getting work done frustrating. But, management would rather put money into employee bomuses than top notch IT

Advice to Senior Managementwatch out for brewing turf wars between biz units

Don't Expect to Move up the Ladder in Supply Chain quickly

Procurement Agent (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsYou will wear a lot of hats and have a lot of responsibility.

ConsNoble is very old school - they hesitate in promoting their own people.

Noble Energy contract work is not so good

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosgreat opportunity for the right individual.

Conscontract companies try to rob you.

Former Employee

Business and Operations (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsPay and benefits are good. Overall I liked the employees, job and company. Location has improved with the move to the old Compaq center on 249 and Louetta and out of the ghetto gunslinging area of Greenspoint.

ConsManagement does nothing to promote from within, develop career paths or encourage collaboration with departments. There is a lot of duplication of efforts. Great place for operations type jobs but not business or IT. IT is deservingly the butt of most jokes.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix it. Take career paths seriously. Operations has already make it a successful company financially but they cant fix the internal problems. Find the gaps of management intelligence and fix them.

Great Company, Solid Financials, Hard To Move Ahead

Land Negotiator (Current Employee) Canonsburg, PA (US)

ProsGood Pay, Good People, Well Established, Strong (Financially) Company, Challenging Work with Chances for Additional Responsibilities.

ConsSeemingly insurmountable caste system where promotion is attained through attrition rather than performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and promote based on performance and not "years in the business".

Worked for Noble Energy? Contribute to the Community!