NxStage

Be The First To
Add Photos

NxStage President, CEO, and Director Jeff Burbank

Jeff Burbank

This is one of the best company I have ever worked for.

Sales Support Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsThe environment within this company is easy going and relaxing

ConsI have no complaints as of yet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to create a better training structure.

Maybe it was better before

Research CO-OP (Former Employee) Lawrence, MA (US)

ProsMachine shop access, good pay, office supplies...am I at the 20 word minimum yet? I realized early on that they're not an innovative company. I thought it was cool to be working back in the machine shop, until I realized that they do not have a culture of colloboration, mentorship or growth.

ConsSafety, poor management and vision/lack of leadership, CEO seems aloof as to the leadership within (or lack thereof) in engineering.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on sales, fire engineering department and start fresh

Working at NxStage was fulfilling from a financial and social aspect.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany provides a service that has an amazing impact on on improving the quality of life for the dialysis patients that use it. Extremely rewarding to see the positive change it can make.

ConsDid not believe the company was making the right long term commercial decisions. It is an R&D company and struggles with optimizing the commercial opportunity.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company in theory, bloated and lacking true leadership in practice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Lawrence, MA (US)

ProsRelatively flexible hours, good pay, beautiful facility, good effort in trying to "rally the troops" to change renal care.

ConsComplacent engineering management, no true direction or project management leaves engineers and projects running in circles and wasting huge amounts of time and money.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust because someone has been at the company since the beginning doesn't make them a good manager. Re-assess project management and lead engineers if you really want to get the next level projects moving.

Rewarding place to work.

Analyst (Former Employee) Lawrence, MA (US)

ProsComfortable environment, new office, friendly people, good benefits. A feel good place to work. Patient interaction is very positive.

ConsMost co-workers are great and work as a team although there are a few that try to lead by intimidation. Thankfully not many. Overall it's a great place to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more involved with what is going on in the general day to day work flow of your employees.

Outstandin

ProsThe people at NxStage are great. I have never worked with a more passionate group of people. The culture is very positive and the senior management does a great job of describing their vision.

ConsThe office is in Lawrence, MA and the open spaces where the cubes are is loud.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the family feel. Keep pushing forward. We have a great therapy and I am confident that we will make HHD grow.

Your experience may vary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA great product. Passionate, smart employees.

ConsHighly political senior management team. CEO has his favorites. A few senior team members can be condescending and nasty.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour management team should reflect the behaviors that you want to see in the rest of the employee base.

OK to work for...

Analyst (Current Employee) Lawrence, MA (US)

Prosnice office, decent pay, most employees can work with, ok culture, novel product line, great to see patients benefiting from equipment...

Consvery reactive vs. proactive. A lot of "we need this today" at 4:49PM. Competition coming to market- job stability over next few years is uncertain. Stifled by some management that are stuck in outdated ways of doing business.

Advice to Senior Managementstop talking so much and start listening to employees - they are your best resource!

Challenging job surrounded by hard working, passionate employees.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Lawrence, MA (US)

ProsNxStage is an exciting company to work for, lead be great management and an incredible CEO. Work is challenging and employees share a good work/life balance. Co-workers are talented with no dead weight. 10 people accomplish tasks at NxStage that require 20 people at most companies. People are passionate and always focused on improving processes and the products,

ConsLocated in Lawrence, MA. Business segments spread out over 5 floors reducing face time with other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't stop valuing your employees and showing them your appreciation for what they accomplish. Especially those that have shown commitment to NxStage for many years. They have a wealth of knowledge and history that is hard to replace and they keep the NxStage engine finely tuned.

Nxstage Medical

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLife changing therapy for chronic kidney failure patients

ConsUnable to sell daily therapy because of government reimbursement

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a fresh outlook on how to move the company forward when competitors to market. Gone are the days of being the market leader with no competition.

Worked for NxStage? Contribute to the Community!