Office Angels

Updated 29 January 2015
Updated 29 January 2015
3.3

David Clubb

Very disorganised, not very caring, will get you a job

Current Employee - Administrative in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Administrative in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Office Angels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

They got me a job very quickly

Cons

They are very unorganised, lose things, can be rather harsh and rude if you're not happy with your placement (unprofessional)

Hire people with better spelling/grammar

A great learning experience for a graduate but high sales target

Former Employee - Permanent Recruitment in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Permanent Recruitment in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Office Angels

Pros

Training courses provided are excellent
    Excellent Christmas party and social activities

Cons

Super sales focused, high target and little sympathy for lack of conversions. There will be cold calls, cold visits and high expectations

Choose another agency

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Office Angels full-time

Pros

It gave me recruitment experience and the conference was fun and inspiring. The training centre was poor but the local training was good. It was good to get together and share experiences.

Cons

Where to begin... The salaries are below average with no way to increase them without promotion; promotion is impossible; the senior management doesn't care and you are just a number; my manager put some of my business in their name and the inappropriate comments are beyond a joke; they played the staff off against each other and a shrug and a grunt is never the correct answer for a serious discussion about a consultants promotion opportunities. The branches don't communicate and don't get on.

You need to pay attention to your staff as you're going to lose good staff. It feels like Adecco doesn't care about OA and is trying to rebrand it.

time i wont forget

Former Employee - Health Records Assistant in Southampton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Health Records Assistant in Southampton, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

helped me to rebuild my confidence and skills set within a calmed relaxed atmosphere
    I felt welcomed from the moment I walked through the door and the hours were flexible so I can arrange to help at home. the staff of office angels were so easy and open to speak to and when id been there for three years and an opportunity came for me to join the company I was placed with there encouraged me to apply for the position and helped with my application when and where needed. I can honestly say that without office angels I wouldn't have the life I do today.

Cons

in my three years with the company I can very easily say without hesitation that there wasn't a single time I could of been upset or felt that there weren't there for me in everyway and cant fault there efforts they do such much to make sure we can get two and from a place as well help with travel costs I would recommended this company always and have done to many of friends and old colleges looking for work. some of which who have taken on jobs and are still with them today .

just keep up the great work and maybe put yourself out there more with tv adverts and job/career fares help promote place your internet sites

Good agency

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Office Angels as a contractor

Pros

Freindly helpful staff, really try to get you a position.

Cons

Sometimes try to fit a square peg into a round hole..

Listen to what the recruiters and the applicants really want from eachother.

Poor management, poor training, worst job I've ever had!

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Honestly? Nothing. Apart from the girls in my branch, the rest was horrible.

Cons

- My Branch Manager was horrible. He picked on how I dressed, how I spoke, promised incentives and never delivered (eg. if you make 50 calls today I'll reward you. I'd make the calls and then when I told him he'd say- yeah? well that's your job so, carry on!)
    - I felt guilty every time I had to take annual leave. You're made to feel like you owe the company something for not being there
    - Complete favortism and discrimination
    - Absolutely NO training. I went into Consultant work having no experience and I was given no help.
    - I cried at my desk almost every day due to stress. My manager and senior consultants made me feel irrelevant and when I needed help I felt I couldn't ask for fear of their reaction
    - No employee benefits whatsoever

I'm beyond advice to management. Thank GOD I don't work there anymore.

I learnt everything I know with Office Angels which has enabled me to go on and own my own recruitment agency.

Former Employee - Candidate Consults Then Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They are fun yet professional, they are knowledgable yet not pretentious, they are approachable and caring. They are passionate not only in what they do but in the development of their staff. They train well, they invest in their consultants and they recognise good performance. They ensure you are constantly challenged whilst providing the perfect level of support.

Cons

The hours were longer than the 'standard' office hours, however I feel these hours were necessary to deliver the requirement results. Their targets were sometimes extremely high, but again necessary to challenge even accomplished consultants.

Don't just award the 'top' performers, as these tend to always be from the same branch so they same people get rewarded. Introduce awards/recognition to the smaller, lower billing branches as the consultants there have to work as hard if not harder to achieve the same results. Awards should be given on desks that have been inherited but on the growth of the desk during the consultants employment.

Professional and friendly

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Office Angels as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

excellent company with great consultants, regularly placed in roles

Cons

can be hard to switch from working with their temporary consultants to their permanent consultants - several times requested i be put forward for permanent roles and not heard back from the other side

A great company with excellent training

Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Brighton, England (UK)

I worked at Office Angels full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I was promoted to a Senior Consultant within my first 12 months due to the support and clear progression planning which came from a talented leader and learning and development team.

Cons

Recruitment is a competitive industry and in my market, it was particularly tough, however that isn't to do with OA. The systems are dated, however I know they are investing in a new system this year.