Old Navy Reviews

3.3
1,300 Reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy
Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic (in 90 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount (in 120 reviews)

Cons
  • you will only become a cashier if you get customers to open old navy credit cards (in 123 reviews)

• They don't offer any unpaid time off or paid benefits to part time employees (in 60 reviews)

More Highlights

Good

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Signage Team  in  Torrance, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Signage Team in Torrance, CA (US)

I worked at Old Navy full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you show your dedicated you can move on up in the company, I was promoted to signage team. Coworkers are really nice, management team puts together little games or friendly competitions to boost the stores sales. You receive discounts on clothing.

Cons

When i was first hired i was only part time, & received only 2 days out of the week. I did get a raise after a year but it was only 50 cents. There is insurance through the company but it's pricey.

None

Great people/rough Sale schedules

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

I worked at Old Navy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great discount- great values.
    Focused on people development
    Most customers are wonderful and you really build a relationship

Cons

Dollar Flip-flop day: Shop around the clock Black friday 24hr sale

Keep up the good work

Lots of things to do in marketing

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Opelika, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Opelika, AL (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedules, friendly coworkers, fun environment. I love that you're not always doing the same thing everyday. They always switch it up so you don't get burnt out on something. Lots of things to learn in marketing/retail that you wouldn't realize.

Cons

I feel like the sales associates don't get enough credit for their hard work. Having to sale Old Navy cards to every customer, is awful! Always some new promotion to memorize. Rude customers.

Pros: Love that they are very caring about personal schedules, and trying their best to give you the days off you want/need. They are very caring towards their employees personal lives, situations. Super friendly, and usually easy to talk too.

Cons: They don't give their sales associates enough credit, and tend to run over people with a good work ethic. They can be a little harsh sometimes when leadership comes into play. They expect you to be P.E.R.F.E.C.T. They need to realize when someone is doing the absolute best they can, but sometimes make mistakes, to be happy about it. Rather then scrutinize them to be better, or quicker. Because, they will never, ever, ever find a perfect person for the positions. So, be happy when you know you have a hard worker who is giving all they've got to a great job.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Enjoyable, fun, positive and lots of opportunities to grow and develop

Former Employee - Customer Experience Supervisor  in  Honolulu, HI (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Supervisor in Honolulu, HI (US)

I worked at Old Navy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Gap inc. genuinely cares about each and every employee. Company continues to adapt and evolve. Really enjoyed and appreciated that the company gets involved in community events and encourages staff to give back. Each month management would come up with ideas on how to celebrate/recognize individual and team successes; whether it was verbal recognition, posters, gift cards, free lunches or other fun prizes. I've never learned so much from any other company

Cons

You have to be able to adapt to changes quickly, as there is always something new being introduced. Lots of multi tasking and high expectations, but it teaches you to drive results thru your team members.

Old navy

I have been working at Old Navy

Pros

I enjoyed working there was there for 3 years

Cons

They keep changing the discounts for the employees

Keep original discounts for employees

Business Model is very promising

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cash Handler  in  Tempe, AZ (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cash Handler in Tempe, AZ (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than a year

Pros

I continue to work here because they treat employees like a family on a store level
    They are very reasonable with availability

Cons

A huge con is that the 2014 raises did not include merits on top of them. Meaning as my position as a cash handler I did not get a raise on top other associates $9 raises.

Associates who have a higher position should be compensated for their level of employment. Including Cash handlers.

Sales Associate

I worked at Old Navy

Pros

Flexible hours, fun staff, good discount

Cons

low pay crazy holiday hours

Great Place to work!

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Mankato, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mankato, MN (US)

I worked at Old Navy part-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I worked with, the fun work atmosphere and discount.

Cons

I did not experience any cons to working for Old Navy. I enjoyed it very much!

Great work!

Great College Job

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love working for Old Navy. It has been a great job while in college. Super flexible with my hours, and the discount at Banana Republic and GAP is reason alone to stay. Only work when I am home from school. Company has a great culture for minorities.

Cons

Reasonably high turn-over. Extremely repetitive work. Company pushes credit card sign up on customers over customer service. Must be able to work with immature employees as well as rude customers.

Do more for those who have had consistent quality work for many years. I have been a dedicated employee and am treated no better than the new hires which end up getting fired anyway. Also the new hires shouldn't make the same amount as those who have worked for many years since we all got bumped up to $9. Our raises over the years should have been added to the $9.

Overall I have loved working for the company.

Current Employee - Sellebrity  in  Tyler, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sellebrity in Tyler, TX (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros are good management, the recent company wide pay increase has been nice, promotions from within, extremely flexible scheduling, great coworkers.

Cons

cons are the pushing of old navy cards which have a ridiculously high interest rate. also with the company wide pay increase people who have been working for the company for 6 months are making the same pay as people who have been working there for several years. Sometimes the hours suck. I normally get 4 or 5 shifts a week but there are times when i've only gotten 1 shift.

Be more understanding about old navy cards. credit cards suck.

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!