Old Navy

3.1 1,080 reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy

Glenn K. Murphy

1,080 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "25% off the store and 50% off of Gap and Banana Republic merchandise"
    in 80 reviews
  • "I enjoy the people I work with, the employee discount and the fun atmosphere"
    in 105 reviews
Cons:
  • "It makes it stressful as in this day people do NOT want/need more credit cards"
    in 110 reviews
  • "Especially since most of us were working part time for a few hours a week"
    in 52 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Experience

I have been working at Old Navy

ProsAtmosphere is great within the store

ConsUpper management not connected to the retail floor

Overnight stock

Overnight Replenishment Team (Former Employee)
Levittown, NY (US)

I worked at Old Navy part-time for less than a year

ProsNo dealing with customers. Great if you are a night person and don't like waking up early. Can have the whole day and night before for friends and family. Waste zero sunlight by being inside!

ConsSometimes worked until 4am or later.

Great place to work..

Operations Manager (Former Employee)
Washington, DC (US)

I worked at Old Navy full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood people + good benefits = great place to work. Work-life balance is not just talked about, it happens.

ConsMostly part-time employees, but if you can get full time, grab i.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Customer Service Rep

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
Tallahassee, FL (US)

I worked at Old Navy part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere were flexible hours with school schedule, a positive and energetic work environment, great coworkers, and the discounts were also a plus.

ConsI was 'promoted' twice during my three years there - Given more responsibility and direct reports. Throughout all this, i kept being told I would get a raise, but never did.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you give someone more responsibility, ensure that their compensation is adequately in line with their role.

Fun environment, friendly co-workers, great discounts.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for less than a year

ProsThere's a few things that I really like working for my particular store: my co-workers, the positivity and coaching of my managers, and the positive vibes of the environment. The employee discount ain't half bad either. Pretty much everyone that I work with is pleasant and willing to help whenever I need. I really appreciate the feeling of being on a team when I clock in, knowing that we are all there to ensure that our store is it's absolute best. My managers are alway there to coach me through sales and how I can improve as a sales associate. And despite mistakes I've never been scolded for confusion of hours or messing up a transaction due to my ignorance of the POS system.

ConsI'm 25, and although I do appreciate the fun and enthusiasm of the environment, there have been times when I feel that managers try to make things a little too fun, almost like a camp-like activity. For example, there was a time when a manager looked at me smiled and was like "how fast do you think you can fold this entire section of women's?" I appreciate the attitude, but most times I'm fine with just being given a specific task with a specific time frame.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Good experience

Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Spartanburg, SC (US)

I worked at Old Navy part-time for less than a year

ProsEmployee discount and specials are excellent!

ConsPrepare for some long training sessions and standing on your feet for a while. Also they barely give seasonal workers any hours.

Favorite

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than 3 years

ProsI love how at ease I can feel at my job at Old Navy. I am never on edge about doing things wrong or getting fired. My supervisors and management team were there to coach and help out with learning experiences.

Conshard to move up within the company, it can be easy to be overlooked if you are not on top of somebody pushing for the job you want

The way a business should run

Sellebrity (Current Employee)
Westminster, CA (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than a year

ProsOld Navy is very professional and everyone follows the rules. The employees are always excited and very fun to work with. And there's always motivation to work hard and give great customer service.

ConsThe only con I can think of is the lack of hours, but it is the slow season and it is going to pick back up closer to summer in a month or so.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! This company is great and a lot of fun! I actually WANT to come to work :)

Fun

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA (US)

I worked at Old Navy part-time for more than 5 years

ProsIt is a fun environment with flexible hours. They will help work around class hours. The discount is awesome and you get discounts at GAP, Banana Republic, and all of the outlets.

ConsThe hours can be weird, late nights and early mornings. Customers can be rude and talk down to you. You may end up cleaning some nasty messes.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaises should be more often or for a greater amount. In 6 years I only had about $1.50 raise from start date to leave date.

Great company.

Cashier (Current Employee)
Farmington Hills, MI (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time for more than a year

ProsDecent pay, nice, friendly environment.

ConsNot a lot of growth

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more diverse.

Worked for Old Navy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Old Navy reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Old Navy CEO Glenn K. Murphy. All 1,080 reviews are posted anonymously by Old Navy employees.