Old Navy

3.4
1,479 Reviews

Old Navy President & CEO Gap, Inc. Glenn K. Murphy
Glenn K. Murphy

Pros
  • You also receive generous discounts from Old Navy, Gap and Banana Republic (in 103 reviews)

• The staff is fun to work with and there is an incredible employee discount (in 138 reviews)

Cons
  • Performance is based mostly of off how many Old Navy credit cards you sell (in 137 reviews)

• Must know how to prioritize your time to achieve work-life balance along with respective DOR (in 34 reviews)

More Highlights

its normal

Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Mumbai
    Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Mumbai

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

there is no reason to be in this job.

Cons

i am not geting paid what i am worth for the work that i do.

sudhar jao kamino

Overall a great first job experience

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Monroe, LA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Monroe, LA (US)

I worked at Old Navy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The employee discounts were the best! The managers at my store were amazing and caring. The other employees treated me like family.

Cons

Long hours for minimum wage. Sometimes there are horribly rude customers who you have to placate simply because they have "the customer is always right" mindset.

Better pay would keep sales associates for longer since most of the employees I started with had left by the time I changed jobs.

a little better then most retail job s

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

good partime job! Especially when in school. As long as you can request it off a a week in advance you can almost always get it off. Very good employee discounts.

Cons

Tedious lots of folding,your clients have no respect majority of them a rude, old navy credit cards and e-mail capture is painful. I would enjoy being a cashier if I didn't have to talk constantly about the card and getting their e-mails. almost no hours in the slow months january-march, Hours are scheduled based on favoritism as long as you do a good job and are liked you will get hours, the raises are a joke! Most of the people working there have lower or same salary then the new sales associate starting out there.

Review the salary structure you should reward based on merit! It doesn't make sense that some of the brand new employees get $10 per hour and the have no experience while there are people who have been with the company for 1 year still getting paid 9.50!!!!

Fun but painful

Current Employee - Sellebrity
    Current Employee - Sellebrity

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers and managers, good employee discount.

Cons

Walking on a concrete floor for 8 hours, and not being allowed to wear sneakers (in the dress code).

We need to get corporate to allow gym shoes in the dress code.

Love it

I have been working at Old Navy

Pros

Friendly, hours available if you work hard,fun

Cons

Dont get alot of hours right away and have to ask for them

kepp it up really. My store is great

Great flexible part-time job with exceptional pay.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Old Navy

Pros

Flexible scheduling, great pay, can transfer to different locations, good employee discount, managers are strict on giving breaks when scheduled, managers are helpful in finding employees who can trade or take shifts for you,

Cons

Work all holidays except Christmas, can't request holidays off, never usually have weekends off, you have to request weekends off several weeks in advance because only a few employee time off requests are granted for each calendar day; there is little consistency between the different store locations so an employee could transfer and still need training for the store-specific standards, policies and procedures, not to mention that customers' experiences vary from store to store as well and they will point out the differences in our policies and often times get upset because the stores are not on one accord.

Don't schedule employees' shifts too close together to allow for rest; have managers (and stores) be on one accord to prevent confusion amongst employees; be clear and precise when placing sale signs so that customers can understand -- a lot of customers do the customer surveys JUST so that they can express how frequently this happens and how mad it makes them, hoping that management will eventually take it into consideration; others just leave and never return to the store -- this is one of the biggest things that hurt CES scores (at least at my location). Please don't move merchandise around so much, it confuses both customers and employees. It'll minimize the mistakes made when returning merchandise to the sales floor because employees will know where things are supposed to go. Also, please be sure to train every employee on every station, and thoroughly. The should be no excuse why you can't schedule someone on register because they have not been trained. I cannot express enough how dumb it is that employees who have worked in my location for 3 and 4 years have not been multi-trained, are always scheduled for one position every day, and have no idea how to do shipment or work a register. It'll save you in how many people you have to hire if you just train everybody on everything when they are initially hired (and experienced employees, like me, are more than happy to help!). Overall, there are way more good things than bad, I love working for this company, most of my managers are friendly, approachable, and considerate. I look at my store as a team and the employees and managers like my family. I love coming to work each day!

Great career to build with.

Current Employee - Operations in Salisbury, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Operations in Salisbury, NC (US)

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Love the team that I work with. I have full intentions with continuing my career permanently with Old Navy!

Cons

I'm one of the 4 managers. For my work, the pay is OK.

Doing great!! Operation Managers deserve a little more for the amount of stress they deal with relating to shoplifters.

Fast Paced, but well compensated

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising in Montgomery, AL (US)

I have been working at Old Navy full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The salary and benefits are good. The environment is high energy.

Cons

The company demands more but is constantly giving customers more of a reason to shop online which sets the stores up for failure to goals.

Talent development needs to be a focus. Raising the minimum wage has not increased the caliber of the part-time workers.

A

Current Employee - Service and Training Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Current Employee - Service and Training Manager in Kansas City, MO (US)

I have been working at Old Navy

Pros

Fair compensation, Flexible scheduling, opportunities for advancement (within a large sized market).

Cons

Unreliable coworkers, lots of ideas from above that don't play out well in the real world.

Wonderful

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bellevue, WA (US)

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- great environment
    - fantastic work experience
    - flexible hours

Cons

- retail customers
    - too much emphasis on the credit card
    - unreliable coworkers