Omnicell

Be The First To
Add Photos

Omnicell Chairman, President, and CEO Randall A. Lipps

Randall A. Lipps

Good environment, Good for career growth.

Product Support Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore

ProsOne of the best small company in healthcare automation.

ConsLess job security. Ni proper management planning.

Great company to work for.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible schedule, great benefits. Ability to travel. Able to make changes to policy without going through a lot of red tape or levels of directors.

ConsHaving to be available 24/7 can be stressful at times. There are not too many cons of working here. I would recommend this company to any one.

Good company to work for.

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA (US)

ProsCulture, friendly group I work with.

ConsThe work is often very stressful and often there is limited help to get work done.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct on what lower level employees tell senior management during skip level meetings.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not a bad company, Management tends to bog down the employees.

Field Ops (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsRapidly growing customer base. Majority of employees are very qualified, smart, and go beyond the call for their customers.

ConsDifficult for upper Management to keep up with the pace with growth, thus making it difficult for other employees. Hard to find time to take off, due to backup issues and they always ask for more. Sometimes very overwhelming when you add in hours of travel to customer accounts.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect the people who are in front of the customer representing the company many times a day. When the front line asks for something, they need it and need it now. I recommend quick response, and follow-up for the sake of the company and customer. Upper management seem like cheerleaders instead of managers and only care about making the sale.

Ok company to work for with great potential for growth. Company is quick to move in directions best for growth.

Systems Sales Director (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThe people are great to work with- most have open door policy and are easy to approach. Headquarter is in a great location for commuters in the bay area, right in front of light rail station. Also located close to major highways, easy to get to.

ConsTurn over appears to be frequent for some departments and salary increases are marginal at best. The company is constantly changing direction which takes time for some departments to keep caught up. But the constant change in direction is probably to respond to changing market environment.

Unqualified Management- Provide Proper Training

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, gym and pay is competitive.

ConsNo work life balance and long hours. Unqualified management that you would never see in other companies be in charge of entire departments. Train these individuals to treat others with respect. They say they respect their employees but managements action show otherwise. Best to keep quiet if you want to stay employed at Omnicell .

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you hire qualified individuals to supervise and manage others.

Decent pay, terrible management from top to bottom

ProsPay and thats about it

Consno interest in advancing employees careers at all. every manager has own agenda ahead of employee morale, employees are not respected on any level

Advice to Senior Managementcare more about who you hire and treat those at lower levels with respect. make morale a priority

Full time for less than a year.

Production Floor (Former Employee) Milpitas, CA (US)

ProsSome good people doing the work of many more. Decent amenities: break room, onsite gym and half basketball court for employees. Not much else.

ConsLittle to no professional growth is possible unless you're friends with someone higher up. Unqualified management on many levels due to this stagnant method of promotion. New and current employees are not treated with respect, although this may vary from manager to manager. New employees start temporary and are often told that their services are not needed on a whim. In the length of time I was employed I was told 4 times take time off. If you are living paycheck to paycheck, this company does not value job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be held by qualified personnel. Select managers in this company definitely would not have equivalent positions in any other company.
    Even someone at the bottom can see that this company has its priorities backwards. To succeed, a company that produces a product should emphasize quality, innovation, personnel, and sales and marketing; in that order, but here at Omnicell, only sales and marketing seem to be the only thing upper management is interested in.

Fair.

Technical Service Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsFlexible Hours are pretty good.

Consyou use your own vehicle

Advice to Senior Managementneed some fleet Company Vehicles

Omnicell is a good company with innovative products, good management and they care about their employees

Systems Sales Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat culture, good money, cares about employees

ConsLittle upward mobility opportunities, conservative company - finance and legal run the company with sales being less important

Advice to Senior ManagementSales is the most important department to drive growth. Let sales override finance and legal more often.

Worked for Omnicell? Contribute to the Community!