Opera Solutions

Opera Solutions Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Opera Solutions CEO Bernhard Nann

Bernhard Nann

Pros:
  • "Flexible hours of work, though that can turn around and bite you by taking your work-life balance haywire"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Opportunity to be part of the most advanced company in the exploding Big Data arena"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management has almost 0 skills in people management"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Whenever someone who knows what they are doing in the big data / product world (e"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Things are changing for the better, Amazingly Smart people company

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsReally smart people, especially in product team. A lot of independence in what you get to do.learning curve is huge,employee satisfaction ,Good supportive teams,Not much pressure, Able to maintain personal and professional life.Competitive Pay

Great friday lunches.

ConsPossible delayed promotion's,increments could be better.
Not a open door policy (again something as they preach) - upper management is not really approachable.

Advice to Senior ManagementCan provide more opportunities to support functions

good experience with the company

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou will enjoy this company for finding great colleagues and nice working environment. flexi work policies are blessing. Company is stuck due to poor planning, you will be working way too much (non stop for months day and night) & there would be long spells of no work. you could get mix of work, surreal as it is not known what you might be asked to do. no new projects, one has to take whatever comes in

Conscompany has lot of talent, however management is insensitive has miserably disappointed employees. they are not able to justify for the poor state of the company. with recent change in management, employees are expecting a better health of the company

My Experience says its awesome to work for in bachelor life

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsGood work Ethics Excellent Knowledgeable People who are a treat to work with. Very very Helpful when it comes to tough tasks. Friendly environment that helps build ones character.
Work from home, Challenging work, huge scope for employing your creativity and ideas and finally, a compensation that brings a smile to your face,Company is nice and there is no issue with the workload.
We can get lots of training to improve ourselves

ConsPromotions, hikes and appraisals are mutually exclusive events and completely random,management is short sighted, lacking any vision, inconsistent approach in direction

Advice to Senior ManagementOne thing i will sure give a feedback. Do a yearly market analysis and improve your POLICIES and employee interaction. You are ok to pay huge salaries for the new hires who are very less experience but refuse to pay to the existing employees. This is the only reason people are leaving the company even though they love to work here. Great minds and people left the company, and few excellent people are in frustration and looking for good opportunities. Totally the expertise came down to un-imaginable compared to couple of years ago. No one bothers.

“Great experience,great growth propsects”

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

I worked at Opera Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsPros – Open culture,Fun atmosphere, super smart minds, loads to learn,Flexible working hours for every one.
 Great workplace, Great Culture and a place to be in !!!

ConsNot as much impact at an individual level as one would like

Advice to Senior ManagementIntrospect

“I'm in love with Opera !”

Senior Associate, Management Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsPros – 1. Very friendly colleagues.
2. Great place to gain knowledge about the processes & is a step ahead in technology.
3. Flexi timings.
4. Everybody follows the company core values & team work is excellent.
5. You can change your domain if interested.
6. Pays way better than several companies.

ConsYearly hike should be more.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart talking to your team members more often to let them know what's coming!!

High Level of Uncertainty on Continuance - Needs to be addressed.

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time

ProsGood organisation for employees in front end teams like Services/Analytics/Software, but does not care for its back-office operation employees like G&A functions.

ConsManagement's vision is very short term, it keeps on changing rapidly killing initiatives and contributions of long staying individuals as they loose with every change.
Organisation's future and vision is blurred.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should connect with Employees much more frequently and share clear insights on their views and guidance (and not only flashy words without any depth).
Management should actively instill confidence in employees and assure future prosperity of the company.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Purely depends which team you are joining

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Opera Solutions for more than a year

ProsFlexible Timing, Come to office anytime - Leave office anytime, Work from home. They just want work, anyhow.

ConsPolitics, Poor senior management, no appreciation, cost cutting, do have many policies but no one follow those policies, unfair appraisal system. Employees who have joined straight from campus were sometime given work of data crunching which they do it for 6 months to 1 year keeping a hope and expectation that they will get a good quality work. No transparency is there as many employees doesn't even ave idea whats going in the firm.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management should be approachable and flexible enough to do the changes, so that the employees in junior can come and share their common problems which they facing and accordingly changes should be implement.

Excellent First Job Experience

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsVery good pay
Not a strict 9 to 5 office structure; work from home encouraged
Attention given to the quality of work rather than the quantity of time spent in office

ConsLesser number of office parties since i have joined

Advice to Senior ManagementAttention to employee retention and satisfaction. Increase interaction with the new joinees, it acts as a morale boost plus you get to know what's going on at the ground level.

Business Analyst

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Opera Solutions full-time for more than a year

ProsSmart People, Competitive Compensation, Multi-Disciplinary work

ConsSlowly shifting to products, risk of company being sold, no bonuses!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a vision statement to instill confidence in employees

Pathetic company

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Opera Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsWork from home. No strict timing.

ConsWork from home is ta rick to make employees work 24X7
They pay 10K more than a normal company but they make you work equivalent to 2 person.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to wake up and understand their responsibilities. Need to be taught how to interact with employees.

Worked for Opera Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Opera Solutions – Why Work for Us?

Opera Solutions applies advanced analytics to Big Data flows to extract predictive patterns. Our goal is not only to make machines smarter but also (and more important) to use machines’ output to dramatically improve… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Opera Solutions reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Opera Solutions CEO Bernhard Nann. All 123 reviews are posted anonymously by Opera Solutions employees.