Oracle Reviews

Updated 17 April 2015
6894 reviews filtered by

1. Oracle

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Oracle provides superb Work Life balance, ample opportunities to learn and develop your skills. You get to know more about the Oracle products than the partners or competitors as there is a lot of information available to the the employees thereby giving you a big edge over others.

Cons

Not a great paymaster. Appraisals also would be limited. There is not enough clarity about your growth path. Cross functional knowledge sharing is minimum.

2. Very good company to work.

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

good knowledge of products with technical experts.

Cons

good technical knowledges with products.

3. Have been working here since 2008 (6 years of exp)

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Very good onsite opportunities , Great learning scope functionally but technically depends on your team.

Cons

Salary , hikes , extra facilities

Advice to Management

Please take care of the employees , you are a big brand and a wonderful company . But people seek change due to petty things.

5. Great place to Work !

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Bangalore
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Bangalore

I worked at Oracle

Pros

Great Work Culture. Great Training. Excellent Managers. Can get hand-on coding experience

Cons

Low Salaries. I had no other issues with this great company.

Advice to Management

Foster Innovation

6. | Oracle Banking Platform | Career destroyer | Growth stopper | Politics infested | Abusive staff | Poor tech |

Former Employee - Software Developer in Bangalore
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Bangalore

I worked at Oracle full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Oracle TAG ! If you are looking for one. Apart from that, I don't see any pro. Please don't join Oracle Banking Platform, especially product development team.

Some people are like really good, but they are always crushed by stupid ones.

Cons

Oracle Financial Services is a subsidiary of Oracle Corp (Oracle India), not the actual Oracle India. Oracle Banking Platform, a self proclaimed next generation banking platform is a failed product.

It was supposed to be a banking platform suite for tier 1 banks, but it looks like an epic failure. The product is under development for over 6 years now. No bank bought it ! :) A social networking platform like Facebook with over billions of users was developed way faster than this!

The reason for mentioning Facebook is coz the dev staff, particularly the higher management think of it as no less than Facebook <laughs>. Cheers !

Very arrogant management. Even the HR doesn't help once you get into this product development. (Ive heard a story where an employee complained and when the HR spoke to the manager, manager replied to HR .. "Fine, you get the product developed then". Managers abuse and talk. The will not hesitate to use fowl language ("F" words in particular") as prelude to your name.

Deadlines and work timings: This part is completely messed up. You are supposed to be in office by 9:00 AM. People will expect you to be on your desk at 10:30 PM. Managers say and I quote "there is no such thing as work life balance". The supervisors won't hesitate to send you back home if you are late for work. Every 5 day work is expected in 1 day, regarding the deadlines.

Appraisals: Need I say something. A culture like this will give rise to low appraisals. No growth. Only growth for people who are willing to dedicate their lives to a failed product. (That too 10% hikes, you really want that ? :) )

Above all, I felt that the self respect and dignity of an employee is brutally stamped on. They will do everything to snap your confidence and make you feel like a bonded labour.

Not to mention, every saturday is a working saturday. So they will ensure that you don't go for any interviews or drives. Its a place where the time you spend at your desk matters more than the work and deliverables.

Technically, the product has so many design and technical flaws that it will take ages to repair that. Any engineer working at this is treated to a humungous codebase which is like the worst code in the world. All the coding standards are thrown out of the window. They rely on powerful servers and oracle architecture to ensure high performance of a badly written code. (Exadata and Exalogic in particular). The product is an outcome of a bad SDLC, bad design etc. In the words of a friend, the SDLC here is like testing, then coding and then functional and then design :). Its going to be an epic failure as you can see.

All in all, I feel that Oracle Banking Platform, prod dev is a team is going no where and will be scrapped in sometime. If you really want to join this. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Advice to Management

You've really lost your head. If you think that micromanaging people and forcing them to work will ensure a great product, you are wrong. Times are changing. People want freedom to innovate and explore. Good innovations, prototyping and exploring new technologies adds values to a product. NOT micromanaging, abusing, working saturdays. Hope you learn someday. Hope its not too late for you. I feel pity and I see you as the biggest failure as of now.

Also, talent costs money ! If you want good people to stay, pay them well.

PS: I am not naming anyone here, but if someone from OBP reads it, they will know who all I am talking about. RIP Oracle Banking Platform.

7. Software Developer

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Work from home and cool culture

Cons

Too much WFH do not work.
    Less challenging work
    Low salary

8. Work life balance is good in this company. No salary hike if we are staying for longer period of time.

Current Employee - Project Lead in Bangalore
    Current Employee - Project Lead in Bangalore

I have been working at Oracle full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Perfect work life balance. If individual is self driven, can learn many technologies.

Cons

Not much hike in salary if we are in same company for long period

9. MOST UNSTABLE TEAM - Oracle LINUX

Current Employee - Sales in Delhi
    Current Employee - Sales in Delhi

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

less pressure in this team

Cons

HIghly Unstable Team to work with - lots of changes without any prior notice and locally managed - like Govt

Advice to Management

make sure when u hire someone/team - u have all the approvals and operations things in place.

10. Best company for experienced professionals

I have been working at Oracle

Pros

Work life balance
    Awesome work culture
    good salary benefits

Cons

nothing as such, will let know if i face anything like that

Advice to Management

Awesome Work carry on

11. Awesome company with right work life balance

Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Hyderābād
    Former Employee - Senior Applications Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at Oracle full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance.
    Flat hierarchy
    Learning potential

Cons

Might get stagnated with same technology over time

Advice to Management

Have a rotation program within teams or outside for an employee to experience different roles and work.