Overture Networks

Be The First To
Add Photos

Overture Networks CEO Mike Aquino

Mike Aquino

A very command and control, military style culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the people. Very little else. As a restart-up, anything is possible.

ConsIt is the consummate borg culture. A place to do, but not a place to think. A company undertaking slow, painful attempt to re-invent itself.

Great product design challenges and talent, but not every plan ends in success

Senior FPGA Design Engineer (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsThere are a number of talented individuals that are willing to share in their knowledge and experience. The different teams all work well together for the good of the products and company. The company provides great benefits including PTO, health, and 401k.

ConsThe competition is tough in this area and a lot of the planning and budget decisions are based on high success rates. While the products are quite capable, not every contract can be won and there isn't much room for failure to produce revenue.

Senior Product Manager

Senior Product Manager (Former Employee)

ProsOverture Networks is a consolidation of several companies, of which I only worked for Overture Networks. During my stay I enjoyed direct management, executive management and the work. Work was challenging but never over exhausted. The office culture was great. I wish Overture all the best for the future.

ConsCompensation was the going rate, with cost of living raises. Training was never an issue. HSA was a great perk, especially if your healthy and I suppose even if you're not. I really didn't have allot of con's other then BoD and executive seemed out of touch with the market space and direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose unprofitable lines and get back to profitability.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good work culture

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsEmployees are valued. Treated well.

ConsSales/Revenue on a steady decline

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove training and lunch & learn

Ethernet Industry Leader with Exciting Future

ProsTop tier engineering team with focused leadership.

ConsCompetitive industry leads to challenges in recruiting and retaining the best engineering and management talent.

A favorable experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company atmosphere, good people in Raleigh, engaged management, success in the market, large customer base both domestic and international

ConsNot clear how to continue growing the company due to competing priorities from large customers. Potential technology obsolescence is always a concern with high tech companies.

Exciting and challenging opportunity to play a role in an ambitious new technological direction.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC (US)

ProsGreat to work with and learn from a proven team of successful innovators. Never a dull moment. Brand new company vision provides chance to work with best in class technology and be a part of historical new growth and success.

ConsRequires ability to multitask and willingness to work overtime when deadlines approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementAvoid common corporate mistakes which demotivate good employees. Demand high standards while respecting that which created past successes. Open communication is key.

Once a solid company, now it's lost

ProsGood technology
    Smart engineers
    Some very large customers

ConsNew management has converted org into a top heavy, do nothing
    Politics
    In survival mode

Love my job, just wish I earned a higher salary with some added job stability.

Staff Engineer (Current Employee) Morrisville, NC (US)

ProsLeading edge technology. Always pushing the envelope with design scope and schedules.

ConsUncertain future. The direction of the company seems to change from one quarter to the next.

Advice to Senior ManagementPresent a clear direction going forward. Provide a product road map that engineering can design to.

Great people, a lot to learn, very friendly environment

ProsA lot of them. And they are worth the cons.

ConsIt is a small company to work. Sometimes workload is there

Worked for Overture Networks? Contribute to the Community!