PNC Financial Services Group Reviews

Updated 25 August 2014
1,074 Reviews

3.2
1,074 Reviews

PNC Financial Services Group President and Chief Executive Officer William S. Demchak
William S. Demchak

Pros
  • If you work anyplace other than retail banking PNC values employee work life balance (in 92 reviews)

• Great starting salary with good benefits and exposure to senior management (in 68 reviews)

Cons
  • upper management no clue what's going on with the new universal branch idea (in 48 reviews)

• Work life balance could be better depending on what department you are in (in 21 reviews)

More Highlights

I have had a great experience at PNC and am sad to be leaving the company.

Current Employee - Document Procurement Processor/Setup  in  Downers Grove, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Document Procurement Processor/Setup in Downers Grove, IL (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I started in 2009 and since then I've gone from my starting position to one that was created then back to my original position. I like working here because the salaries are competitive, the benefits are good and I love the people I work with as well as my boss. They have a 401K match, pension and various other great benefits. To be fair I am in an introductory position with no incentives which takes the pressure off, even though I still have to hit a quota. I work at the Downers Grove, IL location.

Cons

I am being let go from the company effective in September because the position that I was in was "eliminated" which I am still mad about. They promised that it would be a great career path to processing, then a year later, they got rid of it and the duties of the position were absorbed into another one. Other than that, like a lot of the other reviews on here, the most you can get as a salary increase with moving to another position is 10%. Other than that, I don't have any cons as this is the best company I have ever worked for. I am trying to find other employment right now before my severance date in September. They also have a very generous severance package which helps out a lot.

Don't offer a position that is going to be a gateway to another position then take it away. This has thrown my whole career out of whack and with it being such a tough time in the mortgage industry right now, I might not even be able to get another job in the industry. Salary increases should be higher especially when going from one department to another.

Awesome company to work for. Good pay, pension, 401(k) and health benefits.

Former Employee - Banking Consultant
    Former Employee - Banking Consultant

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career growth. Base salary plus quarterly bonus based on sales. Fun environment and the training program is great.

Cons

Regional Manager not very supportive and unqualified to handle workload. It caused a lot of problems to trickle down to branch level.

Continued transformation & stable company

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work life balance; customer focused. Company has committed to protecting both it's customers and employees by minimizing risk. Has begun to seriously invest in technology to improve processes. Excellent internal employee training & development programs for mid to high grade manager roles.

Cons

No focus on development & movement to management level positions for individual contributors who are in lower pay grades. Current compensation structure makes it difficult to retain top talent, especially for the emerging talent bases.

Re-evaluate compensation philosophy, as your providing excellent training to your top talent only to loose them to other competitors/industries for a better compensation package.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company!

Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant  in  Wanaque, NJ (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Sales Consultant in Wanaque, NJ (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love the people in this company! Management is always pushing me to go further in my career.

Cons

In-Store hours are a little strange...

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

PNC is a wonderful company. It has an opportunity for growth, and works with its employees to help them grow. The pay is competitive and there are good benefits. Each branch is a little different, but overall every branch works to give each customer a great experience.

Cons

I didn't experience many challenges working there. It was a great place to work. I loved my job and my branch worked well together.

The job is laid-back and a lot of freedom is given for an individual's work.

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

There is a good work-life balance. The job provides flexibility. A lot of free reign on what to do with projects is given, though it can be interpreted as "lack of guidance/direction" depending on the person.

Cons

Perhaps some more development could be offered. The compensation is acceptable. Perhaps more responsibility and additional projects can be given to further challenge an individual.

It is a ever change place of business.

Current Employee - Credit Card Consultant  in  Kalamazoo, MI (US)
    Current Employee - Credit Card Consultant in Kalamazoo, MI (US)

Pros

Time-off is great in the call center we have flex time where you can take time off without question and do things that you need to do. Vacation is wonderful and benefits are great except we no longer have PPO with the deductible. You get quarterly bonuses and that is based off your performance such as call time, adherence to schedule, quality call listening, and lastly customer survey ratings, and sales consultants get revenue credits. Promotions are competitive and you have to apply for them. You have plenty opportunity to move from one department to the next. Also the atmoshpere is friendly.

Cons

It is stressful as things are constantly changing to reflect federal and state regulations and also market needs. Some customer have a sense of entitlement about the banking relationship they have with PNC. The Leaderships varies based off who team you are on so switching teams means you can go from a boss with relaxed standards to someone who goes by the book 100%. Dress code sucks as I love my jogging pants and SIT FOR 8 hours. Also the CEO is a dumb he rarely answers the question that people ask during the call center meetings that happen about every 6 months.

More compenstation would be nice

Wish I had started on this track years ago!

Current Employee - Bank Teller  in  Decatur, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Decatur, IL (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group part-time for less than a year

Pros

Work-life balance, nice helpful friendly coworkers who are not gossips, branch manager that is fair and cares about work ethics.

Cons

Not any that are solo horrible to mention

Bring up more worthy and professional minorities and women up in the ranks of senior management. Don't be afraid to promote from within!

Good company, goal oriented

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Exciting to be part of a team that was looking to grow within the community. Able to build the business as you see it should be built

Cons

none. They should continue to grow the company as they have identifying key locations that there is a need for true old school banking relationships

none

Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Teller Supervisor  in  Mobile, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Teller Supervisor in Mobile, AL (US)

I have been working at PNC Financial Services Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the company and the employees are very warm and welcoming.

Cons

Some policies vary between markets and can get a little confusing.

Worked for PNC Financial Services Group? Contribute to the Community!