PPL

Add Photos

PPL Chairman, President and CEO William H. Spence

William H. Spence

Great Place to Work

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Lexington, TN (US)

ProsLG&E and Kentucky Utilities is a great company to work for. They have good benefits, and a great work environment. They really want their employees to grow with the company. It was like a second family, and I enjoyed going into work each day.

ConsThere are growth opportunities, but very few. I have seen many employee that where trying to move up in the company you have to leave, work somewhere else, and then get hired on in a different position.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company provides great learning opportunities. This company takes great pride in what they do and they care about the thought and concerns of their customers.

Excellent wages benefits and safety culture.

Foreman T&D (Former Employee) Lancaster, PA (US)

ProsThe best on the job and classroom training for new hire employees, The union people are work oriented.

ConsThe thinking of upper management that people should respond to company calls regardless of what ever is going in life.

Good place to work overall

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits; flexible hours (depending on department)

ConsManagement has deteriorated in recent years; culture has become more "red tape" and less caring towards employees especially in some service areas

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great

Manager (Former Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

ProsGreat experience and great opportunities

ConsLack of benefits for senior management

Great place to work.

Manager (Former Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

ProsGreat work environment. Challenging work. Great benefits, Great pay.

ConsExpectations constantly change. You never know when your position will get cut. Valuable employees are let go due to random job cuts without the opportunity to apply for open positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should try harder to place good employees to open position rather than letting them go prematurely.

PPL has a great internship program

Co-Op (Former Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

ProsThe company really goes out of its way to hire a large number of interns and provide them with meaningful work experiences. The company encourages the interns to explore different areas of the firm and conduct informational interviews with current employees. The pay is excellent for a summer intern position, and many departments are looking to hire an intern that will eventually take a full-time position.

ConsThe intern positions widely vary throughout the company. While some interns are able to work on projects that provide them with meaningful work experiences, others spend a great deal of time sitting around because they do not have any assignments. Because the company encourages the various departments to hire summer interns, I think that some departments end up hiring an intern but do not have any work to give to them. Also, there are constantly "networking events" that the company puts on for the interns, but these events are boring and not particularly useful.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe networking events are not helpful.

Would be a nice company

Mechanical Foreman (Current Employee) Frackville, PA (US)

Prosvery good pay, and benefits .....

Consterrible work environment , good old boy system big time ..... a cut throat company

Advice to Senior Managementkeep your resume warm

PPL was great to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat People to work with

ConsManagement was starting to become less experienced and making poor decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn from employees and don't make decisions with your eyes closed and no evidence to back you up.

Co-op associate

Co-Op (Former Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

ProsFortune 500 company, high payand paid holidays.

ConsMost of management is unprofessional, condescending, and have stuffy attitudes. Many of the employees have worked there 10+ years and are close minded/set in their archaic way. They are suposedly military friendly, but only hires veterans to work in the power plant/blue collar type positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDitch the condescending attitudes toward union employees and co-op associates.

Great place, really friendly

Co-Op (Current Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

ProsLife work balance, and a lot of support for workers trying to learn new skills. The workers really love what they do.

ConsWork may become a little boring and tedious after awhile. Need to motivate yourself a large part of the time.

Worked for PPL? Contribute to the Community!