Pall

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pall President & CEO Lawrence D. Kingsley

Lawrence D. Kingsley

Pros
  • Great people that love their jobs despite poor management(in 5 reviews)

• Enganginging with cutting edge technology(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages(in 4 reviews)

• They just added time to do things that ultimately, no one cared about anyway(in 4 reviews)

Had been fun working in PALL

Internal Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsYou can have your own ideas for working, Good opportunity to learn, good team to learn.

ConsNo major cons have been faced

Advice to Senior ManagementShall improve on retention of good employee.

Do not join Pall India

Manager (Former Employee) Delhi

ProsPall Corporation has huge growth potential due to its excellent product range.People are great.

ConsThe management will remove you any time irrespective off your great performance, just because your senior do not like you. I had seen all that during my tenure with Pall India.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpecial advise to HR team - Please do not work like puppets.

Learning and enriching experience

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsExposure to global technologies was an asset

Conscentralized control and rigidity in decision making

Advice to Senior ManagementNo comments

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highly unprofessional setup at Pall India

Sales Engineer (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsFew great people to work with.

ConsGood experience if your next career plan is to sell mobile phone SIM cards.

Management, especially in India, work without any integrity. Sales incentive plan (SIP) is set based on unreasonable targets.

Skills, recognition, motivation, understanding of goals, and the ability to measure progress etc. are alien to the managers. All sales and performance credit goes to your manager.

There is a high level of dissatisfaction among the sales managers in India regarding their remuneration packages. So, you can imagine how difficult it would be to haggle over annual salary increment when the frustration is high among the managers themselves.

Even the managers and business unit heads based overseas managing the sales and business developments in India are mean and indulge in politics at the expense of their colleagues in India.

Only a few sales / marketing managers - regional and global - who can play organizational politics are still sticking around with the company. They will continue to be with the company because they cannot not find a job else where.

Don’t get into this trap. You will all regret the time you wasted at Pall India.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to the management in India. You have not changed anything in so many years; you cannot change anything.

Fantastic and healthy work culture

Manager Human Resources (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsGood & agressive working style

ConsNothing as such with the company

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be having good employee career enhancement program

Cost focused

Technical Sales Manager (Current Employee) Brisbane (Australia)

ProsThe company looks after it's staff. High quality of accommodation when travelling for company

ConsIt's hard to move up the ladder. Focus on cost's is huge. No new products. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Plenty of managers trying to justify their existence - complex management structure. Little opportunity for employees to voice their thoughts on company direction. Sales Incentive Plan does not provide incentive to perform. Sales projections don't reflect the existing market conditions - too high for industry down turn.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the work life balance. Let employees have a voice that is listened to, backed up with results rather than empty promises.

Great experience, difficult upward mobility

TFF Applications R&D Engineer I (Current Employee) Westborough, MA (US)

ProsPall has allowed me to get some great hands-on experience in the Biopharmaceutical industry. It provided me with a balance of lab work, analysis, and reporting, greatly enhancing my professional skills.

ConsI have been working as a contractor for almost 2 years and there seems to be little opportunities for that to turn into a full time position. From my conversations with others, it also seems that upward mobility and promotions from within are rare.

Weak local management that does not allow career advancement

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cortland, NY (US)

ProsGood corporate benefits and policys

ConsAt local level people are not happy with management. Hostile work environment with no room for personal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart treating employees with respect and fairness.

World Class organization chasing Wall Street valuation at the expense of people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed working close to home.

ConsConstant restructuring that left many very competant, qualified employees unemployed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't neglect your Systems business

Overall, a good experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Port Washington, NY (US)

ProsDuring my time here, I have had the opportunity to grow professionally, and work with many smart, qualified, friendly, and all around good people. My peers, supervisors, and subordinates all bring a lot to the table in a great team environment.

There are, regularly, opportunities to learn more about the business, operations, finance, or other facets of executing on the corporation's strategic objectives, if you seek them out.

ConsOn the flip side, compensation is extremely sub-par for the area. This is a huge pain point personally, and I perceive it as a constant threat to my ability to retain employees. Look at almost any salary survey for the area, subtract upwards of 40%, and you'll be in the ball park of what Pall will offer you.

Pall has some great technology, but doesn't utilize it well. A common source of frustration is that many processes are still paper based, when the technology exists or is already in place to automate the task or perform it in an electronic format. I don't know about you, but I think having to get paper forms signed, reviewed, or approved is so 1980s.

Advice to Senior ManagementGenerally, some of the communication initiatives that have been undertaken make senior management seem more approachable and open to discussing the business. That's good, and should continue.

With the noted employee concerns about compensation in the NY area, and your quite understandable focus on delivering shareholder value, you should probably consider relocating HQ to a more cost effective location. There is certainly somewhere that you could procure equivalent facilities, talented employees, and pay a lower overall tax and compensation burden while at the same time satisfying everyone's needs. Just a thought.

Worked for Pall? Contribute to the Community!