Papa John's

Papa John's Reviews in Atlanta, GA US

Updated Jul 07, 2014

Papa John's Founder, Chairman, and CEO John H. Schnatter

John H. Schnatter

Pros
  • Flexible hours, pay is commensurate with work effort as a driver(in 31 reviews)

• Better than other starter jobs- if the customer complains, throw them a free pizza(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • You make less than minimum wage without the chance of moving up(in 27 reviews)

• wear and tear on vehicle, hourly pay - they only pay you 4(in 13 reviews)

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Dont work there... There a wast of time.

Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) Loganville, GA (US)

ProsEveryone has great moods most of the time. Very good fun family environment in management staff.

ConsAll young employees who don't care. Never room for moving up unless you are part of the family or worked there for 9 years. not much training just put in a car and go. No one gets hours. They tell you you can get $200 in tips a night on the weekends but that's not true. They hire like 20 drivers and all drivers work every weekend. So, with all drivers working you cant get pass 25 trips IF you know the area and know were every house is. (back to being there for 9years). If they only had 5 drivers a night you would be able to make money. I would use half a tank of gas a night so after you $5.00 a hour paycheck you don't make money. even with tips because half the time you drive 25mins to a house who only tips $2-3.00...

Advice to Senior ManagementI know family comes first but i would put more than family as management. Most of them couldn't count so they rounded up on what you owe to company. Oh by the way having one black manger and everyone else in the family doesn't count.

Great place to work.

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Snellville, GA (US)

ProsGood work life balance. A lot of the stores are like a kind of family unit. The pay in my opinion is not like any other restaurant that comparable business type. If you put in the effort, you can learn a lot, especially if you have a good management core. If you work hard you will be successful. You can make a career out of it, and do VERY well.

ConsIf you are in a higher volume store, you will work hard. you will work with people sometimes that don't want to do their share and you have to take up the slack. Sometimes the goals for management are not necessarily realistic, but you understand what they want.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry not to make personnel decisions on desperation. Praise your team when they do something right. Show them the correct way when they do something wrong. Team development does not stop after they have finished the monthly training. Don't have a team member do something you are not willing to do yourself. Lead by example.

It's an OK Starter Job...

Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Lawrenceville, GA (US)

ProsThe hours are pretty good. They work with my school schedule which is probably the only reason i'll stay at the job. I can make a little extra change and still work on my studies.

ConsThe pay as a delivery driver is just okay. At the end of the day you get compensated for mileage as well as tips, but even on the busiest day I work I only get about 25-30 bucks, which is pretty much just enough to pay for gas and that's it. I barely have any pocket change left over. I also NEVER get out on time, no matter how hard I try. I always leave about an hour later, which is good for hours I guess, but not when I have places to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is doing an okay job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty cool place to work

Driver (Former Employee) Douglasville, GA (US)

ProsDecent money for a summer job
    Relatively laid back environment

ConsScheduled off time is very relative

Best Company Ever; Depends on Manager

Team Member (Current Employee) Smyrna, GA (US)

Pros-First job, better then great pay for teens.
    -Opportunities for moving up the corporate ladder
    -Awesome 50% discount
    -Constantly striving for greatness
    -Knowing that you work in a higher class more expensive pizza place mean's better tips

Cons-can't control schedule time wise, but can control it day wise so good for college

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep picking great managers or all these could change to negatives.

deliver driver

Driver (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

Prosfree pizza depending on who you work with, tips, a lot of cricket stuff going on with different managers...

Conspay is low, everyone does not tip, no raises, no over time,

Advice to Senior Managementno

Easy money, but not much room for advancement,

Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Marietta, GA (US)

ProsEasy money if you drive.

ConsInsiders do not get paid very much. Your car will be feeling brunt of a lot of wear and tear.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay raises for employees who deserve it.

They treat their managers like crap!

General Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsBenefits bonus system used to be fair

ConsHours 60+ hours as gm
    No vacation in over 5 years
    No balance in life

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp bonus plans
    Ease labor standards

not what I would choose to do

Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) Cumming, GA (US)

ProsI enjoyed the people I worked with and I for the most part enjoyed the work. Throwing out the dough was definitely the best option of the jobs in the store.

ConsIt was too busy and the only times they would schedule me to work were on Friday and Saturday nights.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt was a corporate store and the management did not have the right incentives to run a quality store besides when a corporate checkup was coming.

Worked for Papa John's? Contribute to the Community!