Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Just as in any job that you want to be successful in, it takes hard work and dedication"
    in 6 reviews
  • "terrible interview process, long and drawn out, waste of time, St"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Wow! Wonderful company culture, excellent product, good work/life balance, GREAT compensation!

Transition Specialist Representative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsPaycom genuinely cares about their employees. Health benefits are amazing, the training is comprehensive and thorough, and the opportunities are endless. Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career. This company is only going to continue to grow and get better.

ConsI honestly can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

The Gateway to Opportunity!

Transition Specialist Trainer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsPaycom offers incredible opportunities for young professionals. The culture here is unbeatable. Senior Management makes an effort to invest in new employees and build them up to be corporate professionals. Paycom offers many resources to improve your job knowledge in order to further your career.

ConsThere is not a lot to not like about Paycom, but the vacation policy in your first year is slim. I got married in my first year working at Paycom and had to wipe out all my vacation for my wedding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to add wonderful people to this company!

No Work/Life Balance

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
DFW, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat opportunity for amazing compensation

ConsVery political, poor management (condescending), they play favorites like nobody's business, poor company/sales ethics, no work/life balance, inadequate training on set-up processes for clients, job isn't just sales - includes ALL prospecting, selling and setting up new clients

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to work on motivating their employees through other ways than scare tactics and making them feel as if they are less of a person if they mess up a call, or lose a sale. Invest in helping the sales reps - give sales the time to sell and give them the tools/help to prospect other than completely on their own (buy leads lists that aren't 10 years old, hire a small team to help prospect across the company).

Flag Review

Paycom Representative responded to this review

Mar 13, 2014

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulties in your current role. We do expect a lot from our sales reps including prospecting and setting up new clients, which is a competitive advantage and why ... More

I have worked as a full-time outside sales rep for over four years.

Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPaycom sincerely cares about the people that make up their organization! Everything they do is backed by integrity and is designed to develop business acumen, grow individuals personally and professionally, and provide financial security that is uncapped!

ConsThe structure at Paycom is very clearly defined and management of processes and schedules is very tight. You must be willing to conform to a more rigid set of rules and standards in comparison to that of most other outside sales positions.

Great company who really cares about their sales team!

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat compensation! Company cares about their sales team and will take care of them (financially!)

ConsDaily grind. If you are looking to make a million cold calls, knock down doors, and sometimes beg for business to hit your numbers, this is the job for you!

Has been a wonderful experience to work and grow with the company!

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNot any that I would say

Endless Opportunity, Focus on Development & Growth, Very Competitive Compensation Plan

Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsSome of the great things about working for Paycom is the opportunity you are given here. I never thought I would have an opportunity to make a six figure salary at the age of 24. The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly. Compensation is the highest in the industry and they provide a great benefits package. The company invests so much time and $ into each reps personal growth and development both personal and professional.

ConsYou have to be a very driven and self-motivated person to be successful here. If you are willing to commit and put in the extra effort and hard work, it will be extremely worth it. If you are just looking for the cushy salary but are not an overachiever, this might not be the job for you. Mediocrity is just not acceptable at this company. Every day is very busy and it can be stressful at times but its all worth it!

Paycom is a great employer and really makes you feel at home.

Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsCatered lunch- $4
Amazing benefits- $1 healthcare and reasonably priced dental and vision.
Company wide events
On-site gym- with free classes.
Growing company
Friendly people

ConsIT- On-boarding process
Vacation and Sick Leave

If you are looking for a fast growing, record breaking company-apply at Paycom!

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- ability to advance your career
- defined goals in almost every position in the company. If you achieve the goals you are rewarded with professional and monetary growth.
- amazing company growth unlike anything I've ever seen

Cons- This is nitpicking, but the onsite gym could be larger.
- More first year vacation would be nice
- End of the year can be rough on our employees. It's part of the industry and can't be avoided.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. You've got a good thing going.

Excellent Company

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay, creating my own schedule, sense of ownership over my territory, personal and professional growth

ConsHard work; however, it pays off

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 102 reviews are posted anonymously by Paycom employees.