Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Apr 10, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros:
  • "The company is growing every year and you can move up into a management role fairly quickly"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Amazing base salary and commission structure"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Sales reps that care only about overselling and not knowing the system"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Just as in any job that you want to be successful in, it takes hard work and dedication"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Wow! Wonderful company culture, excellent product, good work/life balance, GREAT compensation!

Transition Specialist Representative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsPaycom genuinely cares about their employees. Health benefits are amazing, the training is comprehensive and thorough, and the opportunities are endless. Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career. This company is only going to continue to grow and get better.

ConsI honestly can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

The Gateway to Opportunity!

Transition Specialist Trainer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsPaycom offers incredible opportunities for young professionals. The culture here is unbeatable. Senior Management makes an effort to invest in new employees and build them up to be corporate professionals. Paycom offers many resources to improve your job knowledge in order to further your career.

ConsThere is not a lot to not like about Paycom, but the vacation policy in your first year is slim. I got married in my first year working at Paycom and had to wipe out all my vacation for my wedding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to add wonderful people to this company!

No Work/Life Balance

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
DFW, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat opportunity for amazing compensation

ConsVery political, poor management (condescending), they play favorites like nobody's business, poor company/sales ethics, no work/life balance, inadequate training on set-up processes for clients, job isn't just sales - includes ALL prospecting, selling and setting up new clients

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to work on motivating their employees through other ways than scare tactics and making them feel as if they are less of a person if they mess up a call, or lose a sale. Invest in helping the sales reps - give sales the time to sell and give them the tools/help to prospect other than completely on their own (buy leads lists that aren't 10 years old, hire a small team to help prospect across the company).

Flag Review

Paycom Representative responded to this review

Mar 13, 2014

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulties in your current role. We do expect a lot from our sales reps including prospecting and setting up new clients, which is a competitive advantage and why ... More

I have worked as a full-time outside sales rep for over four years.

Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPaycom sincerely cares about the people that make up their organization! Everything they do is backed by integrity and is designed to develop business acumen, grow individuals personally and professionally, and provide financial security that is uncapped!

ConsThe structure at Paycom is very clearly defined and management of processes and schedules is very tight. You must be willing to conform to a more rigid set of rules and standards in comparison to that of most other outside sales positions.

Great company who really cares about their sales team!

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I worked at Paycom full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat compensation! Company cares about their sales team and will take care of them (financially!)

ConsDaily grind. If you are looking to make a million cold calls, knock down doors, and sometimes beg for business to hit your numbers, this is the job for you!

Has been a wonderful experience to work and grow with the company!

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people to work with

ConsNot any that I would say

Paycom is a great employer and really makes you feel at home.

Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for less than a year

ProsCatered lunch- $4
Amazing benefits- $1 healthcare and reasonably priced dental and vision.
Company wide events
On-site gym- with free classes.
Growing company
Friendly people

ConsIT- On-boarding process
Vacation and Sick Leave

If you are looking for a fast growing, record breaking company-apply at Paycom!

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- ability to advance your career
- defined goals in almost every position in the company. If you achieve the goals you are rewarded with professional and monetary growth.
- amazing company growth unlike anything I've ever seen

Cons- This is nitpicking, but the onsite gym could be larger.
- More first year vacation would be nice
- End of the year can be rough on our employees. It's part of the industry and can't be avoided.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. You've got a good thing going.

Excellent Company

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay, creating my own schedule, sense of ownership over my territory, personal and professional growth

ConsHard work; however, it pays off

Life-changing career opportunities

Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paycom full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPaycom offers the best product and service in the industry so you can be proud of the work you do whether you are recruiting talent, developing software, selling, marketing or serving clients.
High growth company that offers incredible leadership opportunities with clear career paths, solid training and a "hard work gets rewarded" culture. I have seen a 3000% growth rate in our company size since I started and it's been awesome.
Leadership truly cares about employees and offers many perks and benefits that you just don't find at most companies.
The high standards in work ethic and attitude have helped build a workforce that is well-liked, respected, appreciated and embraced by those who are part of it. Slackers and bad attitudes don't make it which is refreshing if you have ever worked someplace where management didn't care.
Paycom is not just stable, but successful. Budgeting red tape never slows down progress for worthwhile projects and initiatives. Having worked in the non-profit industry it is empowering to know you have the resources you need to be successful.

ConsIt's a fast-paced environment with all the growing pains you would expect from such a fast-growing company. Sometimes there is more work than people to do it. Sometimes there are more people than provided office and parking space. But you always know it's a temporary situation and the company is continuously working to make things better for its employees and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't get discouraged by the comments from any disgruntled employees past or present. Not everyone is cut out to handle the type of success Paycom has and the hard worked required to get it. Know that the vast majority of employees who work at Paycom know how awesome it is and are grateful for the opportunity. Keep up the good work!

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!

Paycom Videos

Paycom – Why Work for Us?

Paycom was founded in Oklahoma City in 1998 as the first online payroll company capable of serving mid-size businesses. Paycom’s CEO spent years in the payroll industry and knew there had to be a better way to service… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paycom reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Paycom CEO Chad Richison. All 102 reviews are posted anonymously by Paycom employees.