Paycom

Paycom Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Paycom President Chad Richison

Chad Richison

Pros
  • Amazing base salary and commission structure (in 10 reviews)

• If you put in the hard work they will definitely reward you back (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance at the beginning is definitely difficult (in 7 reviews)

• I guess if you don't like hard work it could be considered a con (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great first job!

Transition Specialist Representative (Current Employee)

ProsVery competitive starting base salary as well as performance based compensation. Amazing Health coverage. Paid training. A lot of opportunity to take on responsibilities.

ConsPTO and Holidays are lacking a bit.

Excellent Opportunity

Executive Sales Representative (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Pros-Focused on developing sales reps both professionally and personally.
    -With a decent work ethic and a desire to be successful, you will make a lot of money.
    -The product is excellent and easy to sell, the customer service is awesome, and your clients will love you.
    -Many opportunities to move up in the company.

Cons-Initially, the workload is heavy and you will need to put in extra hours.
    -Rigid weekly structure, but it has been proven effective.

The Sky is the Limit!

Team Leader (Current Employee)

Pros- Amazing growth opportunity for anyone who cares.

- Getting to work beside driven people everyday.

- Management that cares.

- Work/life relationships

Cons- Current employees on here bashing an amazing company that signs your check!

- Sales reps that care only about overselling and not knowing the system.

- No onsite Wifi.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! We will take over the competition!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's all about what you make it!

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsVERY strong compensation plan. Amazing opportunity to make good money. Also a great teaching environment. Management is dedicated to teaching you not only about sales, but about business as a whole. Great opportunities for leadership within team environments, as well as for advancement into management for producers.

ConsCan be a very high stress environment at times. Learn to manage your mind and your activity early and you will overcome this, but not without some trials.

Fantastic Professional Experience

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGreat pay, great benefits, close relationships with office regional and corporate managers, world class training. Sales isn't too difficult when you have as great of a product as Paycom, tons of opportunities to advance if you perform

ConsVery performance based company, you have to sell or they will put the pressure on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing, Paycom has a great thing going

A top-notch company with good people and great benefits!

ProsPaycom is a great place to work! Fortunately for me, this is my first job out of college, which makes me a little spoiled. Paycom provides its employees with all the tools to be great successes! $1 health coverage, subsidized lunches, on campus gym and company events are just a few perks you get at Paycom. It's a fun environment with lots of opportunity for growth. I am loving my job and the people I work with!

ConsI don't really have anything bad to say about Paycom. Vacation in your first year is minimal, but when you love where you work it's not too bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring great people and continuing to be great leaders to your employees

No Work/Life Balance

Sales Representative (Current Employee) DFW, TX (US)

ProsGreat opportunity for amazing compensation

ConsVery political, poor management (condescending), they play favorites like nobody's business, poor company/sales ethics, no work/life balance, inadequate training on set-up processes for clients, job isn't just sales - includes ALL prospecting, selling and setting up new clients

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to work on motivating their employees through other ways than scare tactics and making them feel as if they are less of a person if they mess up a call, or lose a sale. Invest in helping the sales reps - give sales the time to sell and give them the tools/help to prospect other than completely on their own (buy leads lists that aren't 10 years old, hire a small team to help prospect across the company).

Paycom Response

Mar 13, 2014Representative

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing difficulties in your current role. We do expect a lot from our sales reps including prospecting and setting up new clients, which is a competitive advantage and why ... More

Amazing culture, opportunity and GROWTH!

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsCulture of high achieving professionals, benefits, training and leadership opportunities.

ConsWe are growing so much we cannot wait for our second building!

The Gateway to Opportunity!

Transition Specialist Trainer (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK (US)

ProsPaycom offers incredible opportunities for young professionals. The culture here is unbeatable. Senior Management makes an effort to invest in new employees and build them up to be corporate professionals. Paycom offers many resources to improve your job knowledge in order to further your career.

ConsThere is not a lot to not like about Paycom, but the vacation policy in your first year is slim. I got married in my first year working at Paycom and had to wipe out all my vacation for my wedding.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to add wonderful people to this company!

Wow! Wonderful company culture, excellent product, good work/life balance, GREAT compensation!

Transition Specialist Representative (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsPaycom genuinely cares about their employees. Health benefits are amazing, the training is comprehensive and thorough, and the opportunities are endless. Compensation is good and there is always room for growth in your career. This company is only going to continue to grow and get better.

ConsI honestly can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for Paycom? Contribute to the Community!