Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials(in 10 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed(in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management(in 4 reviews)

White Bear Lake location

Value Stream Manager (Current Employee) White Bear Lake, MN (US)

ProsSome very good people working there. Good pay and benefits.

ConsVery Engineering centric, extremely high turnover especially of Value Stream Managers and very poor Safety controls in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a manager in place that drives Operations, Sales and Engineering... not just listen to Engineering.

Inside Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA (US)

ProsManagement has changed again. Maybe these people are more professional and are waking up to how to run a large company like this one. Communication is opening up on what the company is doing as a whole. That hasn't filtered down to local management yet. Old habits are hard to break.

ConsThere is no chance for advancement there. Not one person was promoted in the four years I worked there. People are considered expendable. Benefits are not good. The location I where I was working was very cheap. Even let the receptionist go to save money. Even though we met or exceeded booking projections consistently. Processes in my department were not well documented. Which leads to too much tribal knowledge and confusion for everyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop changing the department name every year or so. Employees don't even know how to answer the phone. Update your website/websites. There are several. And all of them are difficult to navigate. How do you expect your customers to find out what location to contact for the product they need if the employees find it hard to do? Promote people internally instead of firing existing people and hiring new ones to replace them.

never a dull moment...

ProsWell run, good systems, strong on lean management and innovation, good teams, profitable company. Well diversified both from a business and geographic perspective. Strong product management company also. In high growth markets as well such as water.

ConsSometimes too bureaucratic - too much control in corporate office. They are a strong manufacturing company - but not all of their GBUs are in the manufacturing business.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't have so much control in corporate office - allow field offices and regions to be more autonomous to make decisions quicker

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

AMAZING!

ProsPositions off great Flexibility, Culture is fun!

ConsCareer paths not always clear

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsThere are some great people to work with here and the company is stable.

ConsAdvancement isn't seem to be a objective to the management

Advice to Senior ManagementLook within the company instead of always trying to bring new people all the time.

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat Benefits at this company

ConsA lot people not happy being there

Pentair's EP Plant has nice people and a provides a clean safe place to work.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Anoka, MN (US)

ProsPentair has a number of processes that provide a good learning experience for any new engineer to the game. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job in manufacturing. All the people, from the factory operators all the way up to management, are nice approachable people, who are willing to help you and production in any way they can.

ConsThe downside to working in a plant that is definitely process advanced is that you will work at other places and realize how good you had it at Pentair. On the other side, it provides a good reference from systems and processes to implement anywhere you work forthcoming.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to involve all personnel in improvement projects.

Not People friendly

Production Worker (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsAfter meging from Tyco retained job function.

ConsDon't care for employees or expertise. Hostile enviroment. low class managers. Manage by Intimidation and Threats of closing the plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like objects and treat them with respect.
    Monitoring bathroom visit and removing acces to phones only shows lacks of enforcing unjustified policies. HR should look into fair treatment of employees and stop supporting unnecessary changes to policies that only affect the morale of the workrs that already been treated like slaves.
    Management is alway excemp themselves off any company policy and they should me measured the same way as production workers,

Pentair -- "Lean" in so many ways...

Power Vertical Team Member - From Tyco (Former Employee)

ProsWide Products offering for wide variety of Industries worldwide.

ConsThe acquired Tyco Valves & Controls and stripped it, which increased the bottom line and stock price, but will definitely stymie future growth -- perhaps they will begin selling off the Tyco factories and companies?

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your global manufacturing facilities with technically sharp Sales groups of industry professionals -- like all the folks you either laid off or drove off. Or else sell of the Tyco companies before you have to shut their doors.

Too big to be so chaotic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people work for Pentair.

ConsPentair can be very disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more work instructions, and less tribal knowledge.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!