Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials(in 10 reviews)

• There are some great people to work with here and the company is stable(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The work / life balance needs some work(in 3 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management(in 4 reviews)

never a dull moment...

ProsWell run, good systems, strong on lean management and innovation, good teams, profitable company. Well diversified both from a business and geographic perspective. Strong product management company also. In high growth markets as well such as water.

ConsSometimes too bureaucratic - too much control in corporate office. They are a strong manufacturing company - but not all of their GBUs are in the manufacturing business.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't have so much control in corporate office - allow field offices and regions to be more autonomous to make decisions quicker

AMAZING!

ProsPositions off great Flexibility, Culture is fun!

ConsCareer paths not always clear

Project Engineer

Project Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Paul, MN (US)

ProsThere are some great people to work with here and the company is stable.

ConsAdvancement isn't seem to be a objective to the management

Advice to Senior ManagementLook within the company instead of always trying to bring new people all the time.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat Benefits at this company

ConsA lot people not happy being there

Pentair's EP Plant has nice people and a provides a clean safe place to work.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Anoka, MN (US)

ProsPentair has a number of processes that provide a good learning experience for any new engineer to the game. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job in manufacturing. All the people, from the factory operators all the way up to management, are nice approachable people, who are willing to help you and production in any way they can.

ConsThe downside to working in a plant that is definitely process advanced is that you will work at other places and realize how good you had it at Pentair. On the other side, it provides a good reference from systems and processes to implement anywhere you work forthcoming.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to involve all personnel in improvement projects.

Not People friendly

Production Worker (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA (US)

ProsAfter meging from Tyco retained job function.

ConsDon't care for employees or expertise. Hostile enviroment. low class managers. Manage by Intimidation and Threats of closing the plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like objects and treat them with respect.
    Monitoring bathroom visit and removing acces to phones only shows lacks of enforcing unjustified policies. HR should look into fair treatment of employees and stop supporting unnecessary changes to policies that only affect the morale of the workrs that already been treated like slaves.
    Management is alway excemp themselves off any company policy and they should me measured the same way as production workers,

Pentair -- "Lean" in so many ways...

Power Vertical Team Member - From Tyco (Former Employee)

ProsWide Products offering for wide variety of Industries worldwide.

ConsThe acquired Tyco Valves & Controls and stripped it, which increased the bottom line and stock price, but will definitely stymie future growth -- perhaps they will begin selling off the Tyco factories and companies?

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your global manufacturing facilities with technically sharp Sales groups of industry professionals -- like all the folks you either laid off or drove off. Or else sell of the Tyco companies before you have to shut their doors.

Purchasing Analyst Intern

ProsGreat people to work with

Conswork slow at different times

Too big to be so chaotic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people work for Pentair.

ConsPentair can be very disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more work instructions, and less tribal knowledge.

Focused on the business and not the customer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brookfield, WI (US)

ProsCompensation was competitive for management.

ConsBegan hiring executives that where overly assertive and did not understand the business. Continually espousing taking risks, without true data to make an informed risk analysis.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to the true culture of lean, thinking in terms of adding value. Understand that it is through serving the customer that you serve the business, If you continue to fail to serve the customer, someone will. Look inward.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!