Pentair Reviews

Updated 24 August 2014
Updated 24 August 2014

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan
Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials (in 10 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed (in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing work culture!

I have been working at Pentair for less than a year

Pros

The organisation have quality associated with its works and is leading for the same...

Cons

In India the salary is very less compared to competitors and worst thing is new joinees are paid very less.. PLEASE MAKE A CHANGE...
    Because this low salary reduce our interest and makes us do the stuff just for formality!!!

Please look after IDC department and increase the pay to acquire good youngster who will work with complete mind as they won't be thinking so much for the salary.. Please a humble request!

Pricing Analyst

I worked at Pentair

Pros

lots of data to analyse and coworks very friendly, salary is OK but not a lot of oppotunities to get promoted

Cons

manager long distance, company in transition and no motivation, like any large companies that always very difficulty to get things done

Very Corporate Structure

I worked at Pentair

Pros

Good employees and a challenging product good training but few promotions.

Cons

Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked at Pentair

Pros

Pentair really seemed to care about growth for the benefits of its employees and stockholders, but had a good way of making its associates feel valued even though they were in the midst of evolving into a large corporation during the time I was there.

Cons

Work-life balance was a challenge, there seemed to be an unwritten rule about hours worked.

Encourage movement internally instead of hiring outside so often.

Small company

I worked at Pentair

Pros

Good product, growth market, mega trend

Cons

Not very good management in China

Positive experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than a year

Pros

In my first year, I was pleased to find Pentair to be a very helpful and collaborative culture. Never have I heard the phrase "that's not my job/problem." I feel good working for a company that not only promotes "Win Right" values, but "walks the talk."

Cons

Like any large corporation, process and decisions can be slow. The company is very diversified, so it can take a while to fully grasp the business and navigate channels.

Continue to promote the Win Right values and help foster greater collaboration across businesses.

Decent Company

Former Employee - Program Manager  in  Grand Rapids, MI (US)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had a really good boss that listens and answer my questions

Cons

Not everyone are as helpful and eager to help

Better benefits are needed, and leadership is lacking in some departments

good place to work

Current Employee - Sales  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time

Pros

flexible hours, good people, office culture

Cons

sometimes can be stressful when work is building up, stretched out thin

help people's careers

Do NOT work for this company, I repeat, do not!

Former Employee - Slave  in  Hanover Park, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Slave in Hanover Park, IL (US)

I worked at Pentair as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely nothing, Minimum wage to work in the blistering heat and terrible conditions.

Cons

Where do I begin, I have over 4 years of experience in warehouse and manufacturing, particularly, in the Steel industry. I worked here for one night at the Hanover Park, IL location and it has to be the worst job I have ever had. I'm a 24 year old male, I can handle extreme conditions, but this is just ridiculous, considering the pay. For 3rd shift they paid $9.25 an hour, which is by NO means anywhere near what you deserve to be paid working there. I received very positive feedback from management regarding the work I did that night (because I literally ran the entire line my first day there), but I'm advising you not to work there. I could not imagine what 1st shift would be like considering the heat.

The HEAT will destroy you, especially if you're working with the aluminum canister-filters (even hotter). I had a headache and a nauseous feeling a few hours in. I've never experienced feelings like that before and later found out that those were symptoms of HEAT STROKE. I chugged water like crazy mind you, at least 5-8 cups every hour. If you want to kill yourself or are a ex-convict, this is the perfect job for you, but if you're not, run away.

Stop treating your employees like slaves, pay them more...

You are on your own

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Pentair full-time for more than a year

Pros

Only for graduates, just to realize that there are so many good other companies, only a few real specialists, experts

Cons

No real trainings with real experts, you can get training only if you have nothing to do which will never happen and if you get it you will regret of the things you could do instead. You may ask for a good chair for you but you will only get a kitchen chair instead. If you need to read A3 drawings you can reed it on your knees because in order to approve few chairs and desks 4 top managers should come to your office and 2 years to pass. Local manager can do nothing. When a new project starts every manager say to employees that they will get any help, but when it comes to a real case - no one can help as they never knew all those things. Futher budget reduction is expected. New employees may be paid more than experienced that have participated in all the projects during the year and successfully completed it (on time and high quality). When it comes to work on a very complex project your manager tells you that you are the only one who can do that (and you really are) but when it comes to pay rise - seems like all the words are forgotten. If you wanna pay rise - declare of your resignation. I don't know how many times this approach can work. Though you will be offered some pay rise but it wil be so uncompetitive so that you will leave anyways. No talent & career management at all. It is easier for the company to hire new guys. Money - is the only value for the company though it declare the other.

Try to listen to your employees. Don't try to paint a picture - do real things. Develop your employees.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!