Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials (in 10 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed (in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPentair really seemed to care about growth for the benefits of its employees and stockholders, but had a good way of making its associates feel valued even though they were in the midst of evolving into a large corporation during the time I was there.

ConsWork-life balance was a challenge, there seemed to be an unwritten rule about hours worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage movement internally instead of hiring outside so often.

Small company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood product, growth market, mega trend

ConsNot very good management in China

Positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN (US)

ProsIn my first year, I was pleased to find Pentair to be a very helpful and collaborative culture. Never have I heard the phrase "that's not my job/problem." I feel good working for a company that not only promotes "Win Right" values, but "walks the talk."

ConsLike any large corporation, process and decisions can be slow. The company is very diversified, so it can take a while to fully grasp the business and navigate channels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote the Win Right values and help foster greater collaboration across businesses.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent Company

Program Manager (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI (US)

ProsI had a really good boss that listens and answer my questions

ConsNot everyone are as helpful and eager to help

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits are needed, and leadership is lacking in some departments

good place to work

Sales (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

Prosflexible hours, good people, office culture

Conssometimes can be stressful when work is building up, stretched out thin

Advice to Senior Managementhelp people's careers

Do NOT work for this company, I repeat, do not!

Slave (Former Employee) Hanover Park, IL (US)

ProsAbsolutely nothing, Minimum wage to work in the blistering heat and terrible conditions.

ConsWhere do I begin, I have over 4 years of experience in warehouse and manufacturing, particularly, in the Steel industry. I worked here for one night at the Hanover Park, IL location and it has to be the worst job I have ever had. I'm a 24 year old male, I can handle extreme conditions, but this is just ridiculous, considering the pay. For 3rd shift they paid $9.25 an hour, which is by NO means anywhere near what you deserve to be paid working there. I received very positive feedback from management regarding the work I did that night (because I literally ran the entire line my first day there), but I'm advising you not to work there. I could not imagine what 1st shift would be like considering the heat.

The HEAT will destroy you, especially if you're working with the aluminum canister-filters (even hotter). I had a headache and a nauseous feeling a few hours in. I've never experienced feelings like that before and later found out that those were symptoms of HEAT STROKE. I chugged water like crazy mind you, at least 5-8 cups every hour. If you want to kill yourself or are a ex-convict, this is the perfect job for you, but if you're not, run away.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like slaves, pay them more...

Leviathan of an organization with good people but also lots of red tape of a typical bueurocracy

Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsDeep pockets, training, good vehicles, compensation is reasonable but not great.

ConsLarge and dysfunctional group of companies and organizations internal seem to work against each other

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time preaching and more time doing

You are on your own

Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsOnly for graduates, just to realize that there are so many good other companies, only a few real specialists, experts

ConsNo real trainings with real experts, you can get training only if you have nothing to do which will never happen and if you get it you will regret of the things you could do instead. You may ask for a good chair for you but you will only get a kitchen chair instead. If you need to read A3 drawings you can reed it on your knees because in order to approve few chairs and desks 4 top managers should come to your office and 2 years to pass. Local manager can do nothing. When a new project starts every manager say to employees that they will get any help, but when it comes to a real case - no one can help as they never knew all those things. Futher budget reduction is expected. New employees may be paid more than experienced that have participated in all the projects during the year and successfully completed it (on time and high quality). When it comes to work on a very complex project your manager tells you that you are the only one who can do that (and you really are) but when it comes to pay rise - seems like all the words are forgotten. If you wanna pay rise - declare of your resignation. I don't know how many times this approach can work. Though you will be offered some pay rise but it wil be so uncompetitive so that you will leave anyways. No talent & career management at all. It is easier for the company to hire new guys. Money - is the only value for the company though it declare the other.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to listen to your employees. Don't try to paint a picture - do real things. Develop your employees.

Good company, but relatively slow decision making and frequent org changes

Director, Strategy (Current Employee)

ProsGood brands, strong operations. Focus on quarterly performance but has good long term strategic planning process. Talented and performance driven CEO

ConsFrequent org changes, slow growth. Not much reward for top performers. BU presidents not able to take bold decisions, still very US centric

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize organization, recognize and give opportunities to top performers

Kansas City facility - Very bad company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS (US)

ProsLearn everything on your own.

ConsDirty and old building with broken furniture from the 70s.
    No training, no workable reasonable system in place.
    Don't value employees. Hard working employees are all over worked and got blamed ion everything. Lazy employees doesn't do anything and remain in the company because they can't leave.
    Inconsistence on policy execution towards different people.
    Manager that broke ethic rule doesn't receive any punishment or consequence. All they did was given that person a "talk"
    Unfair working environment and the company will abuse you of you work hard and do a good job.
    No communication between management and lower rank employees.
    No action taken even after employees asked for help multiple times.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't see hope in this place changing.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!