Pentair

Updated 19 November 2014
2.9

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan
Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials (in 11 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed (in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Short Term Focus Management. More concerned with the month end results vs. completing the quarter.

Current Employee - Director of Operations in North Aurora, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Director of Operations in North Aurora, IL (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Compensation was good along with stock options. Ambitious senior managers but lacking overall vision and proper capital investment is ERP

Cons

1960s culture;JDE ERP system. Got kicked out of so many suppliers because the souring quantities were so low that we could not make the supplier minimum. Delivery of inventory would suffer because of this.

Manage the supply base vs. letting it manage the company. Remove the old line Aurora pump staffing. It doesn't get the vision to move the business into the 21st Century.

Was a remarkable place to work. It has gone downhill bad. Management changes have ruined all employee morale and pride.

Former Employee - Teamleader
    Former Employee - Teamleader

I worked at Pentair full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The coworkers are wonderful people. You won't find better friendships

Cons

HR department has overtaken authority. They are not their for employee support. They are there to weed out the old and bring in the cheaper paid new. They manage the company by fear and humiliation. It is no longer a resource it's a fear to enter. Very sad from where it once was. A place you were proud of. Now a place everyone dreads going.

Look back and see where that place use to be and how respected and well spoke of. See now what you've created. Theirs no respect and definitely nobody that works their will ever recommend anyone to sign up. There's a terrible feeling that fills the air as soon as walk through the gates.

Very large corporation: Stable, yet unconcerned with the individual worker

Former Employee - Webmaster in Delavan, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Webmaster in Delavan, WI (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Being a very large corporation, they are able to pay relatively well. They're also able to weather economic storms without worry about collapsing.

Cons

Pentair's "go-to" solution in poor economic times seems to be to cut head count. When the economy dips and Pentair has a bad quarter or two, you can bet good employees will start to disappear.

Concentrate on making better products, thereby cutting warranty. The savings there would allow you to keep good people employed during temporary down-turns.

Amazing work culture!

I have been working at Pentair (less than an year)

Pros

The organisation have quality associated with its works and is leading for the same...

Cons

In India the salary is very less compared to competitors and worst thing is new joinees are paid very less.. PLEASE MAKE A CHANGE...
    Because this low salary reduce our interest and makes us do the stuff just for formality!!!

Please look after IDC department and increase the pay to acquire good youngster who will work with complete mind as they won't be thinking so much for the salary.. Please a humble request!

Pricing Analyst

I worked at Pentair

Pros

lots of data to analyse and coworks very friendly, salary is OK but not a lot of oppotunities to get promoted

Cons

manager long distance, company in transition and no motivation, like any large companies that always very difficulty to get things done

The company has no continuity and starts from upper management. There is always the flavor of the month. The name of t

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Brookfield, WI (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Brookfield, WI (US)

I worked at Pentair full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The type of industry Pentair plays in

Cons

Acquisitions are made with a holding mentality. There is no common MRP system, some GBU´s (Global Business Units) overlaps each other and way too much politics

Stop spending money on employee training in winning right and take yourselves a deep class in it

Very Corporate Structure

I worked at Pentair

Pros

Good employees and a challenging product good training but few promotions.

Cons

Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed.

I worked at Pentair

Pros

Pentair really seemed to care about growth for the benefits of its employees and stockholders, but had a good way of making its associates feel valued even though they were in the midst of evolving into a large corporation during the time I was there.

Cons

Work-life balance was a challenge, there seemed to be an unwritten rule about hours worked.

Encourage movement internally instead of hiring outside so often.

Small company

I worked at Pentair

Pros

Good product, growth market, mega trend

Cons

Not very good management in China

Positive experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I have been working at Pentair full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In my first year, I was pleased to find Pentair to be a very helpful and collaborative culture. Never have I heard the phrase "that's not my job/problem." I feel good working for a company that not only promotes "Win Right" values, but "walks the talk."

Cons

Like any large corporation, process and decisions can be slow. The company is very diversified, so it can take a while to fully grasp the business and navigate channels.

Continue to promote the Win Right values and help foster greater collaboration across businesses.