Pfizer

Pfizer Reviews in Connecticut

Updated Jul 02, 2014

Pfizer President & CEO Ian Read

Ian Read

Pros
  • Benefits,Growth opportunities, diversity, supports work life balance, employee gym(in 61 reviews)

• They offer good pay and benefits(in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is sometimes compromised because of the workload of activities(in 27 reviews)

• Dynamic industry does not lend to job security(in 31 reviews)

67 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Innovative and fast moving for "Big Pharma"

Director (Former Employee) New London, CT (US)

ProsScale
    Very professional work environment
    Dedicated employees
    Worthwhile mission

ConsUpheaval - non stop acquisitions and restructuring. Considerable layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on a few critical initiatives and grow by developing your own drugs instead of buying them.

Experience with good research and great colleagues damaged by frequent restructuring, changing priorities and M&A .

Senior Scientist (Former Employee) Groton, CT (US)

ProsI was a scientist at the bench who found lots of challenge, personally fulfilling research and excellent resources (equipment budget, reagents) for work. My immediate colleagues were great co-workers with a sense of team.

ConsDeveloping a product that requires several years to market is impossible with when reprioritizing, restructuring and site closures occur every six months. There was churn in the personnel in upper management and there was lack of clarity of research goals in middle management. There was little opportunity for career growth for scientists within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a strategy and leadership team. Then stick with it for several years. Otherwise it's impossible to tell what the 'results' of the strategy are. If workers report that their management is erratic or ineffective, listen those comments and take action.

Well paid, but a part in a machine

Associate Director (Current Employee) Groton, CT (US)

ProsWorking at Pfizer was not stressful, reasonable hours, not a lot of pressure to accomplish something every single day

ConsBecause there wasn't a lot of pressure, if you wanted to actually move fast and accomplish something, it was hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementTypical big corporation where someone who happened to be in the right place at the right time would get promoted. But not necessarily because they were particularly good at their job. This hinders the respect they have from subordinates and limits the subordinates development.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Regulatory Associate Intern

Regulatory Affairs Associate (Current Employee) Groton, CT (US)

Proswork-life balance, good perks and good campus

Consnot as I know of

good company to work for

Senior Associate Scientist (Former Employee) Groton, CT (US)

Prosthey have a great benefits

Consthe are constantly laying offs

Overall, it's been a good ride...

Regulatory Manager (Current Employee) Groton, CT (US)

ProsPay and benefits are all you could ask for, and the company does a lot for the local and global communities.Most of all, I really appreciate my amazing co-workers, who care about what they do and are committed to delivering new medicines to patients. The company does a great job of keeping people focused on what's important and tries to make it easier to get your work done.

ConsHaving said that, it's a really big company, so it CAN be hard to get things done sometimes. It's also been difficult to see so many of my coworkers lose their jobs. Job security hasn't been great in recent years.

I had a great experience as an Engineering Co-op at Pfizer, Inc in Engineering Technologies.

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) Groton, CT (US)

ProsAs a student, I was assigned on-going work that actually made an impact on the group I was working in. There was little to no typical intern work which made the whole experience more worthwhile.

ConsIt is a large company, so at times communication between different groups was difficult and as a Co-op I was not included in the summer student program even though I was there during that time and had to be proactive about finding out what events were happening.

Great learning experience

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Hartford, CT (US)

ProsWorked with highly experienced award winning sales rep that mentor you.

ConsJob security is lacking in this industry.

Generally a very good company to work for

Senior Associate Scientist (Former Employee) Groton, CT (US)

ProsLarge company with excellent benefits, treated employees very well.

ConsConstantly downsizing, with little to no plan for future success.

There's a leaner infrastructure each year

Research Associate (Former Employee) Groton, CT (US)

ProsImportant products in the pipeline, novel therapeutics, smart people

ConsPoor communication, silos of workers. Due to changes in business plans there are a lot of stops and starts on projects. Makes it a challenge to plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate information that people need to do their jobs, especially in communication between different geographical locations. That would minimize re-inventing the wheel.

Worked for Pfizer? Contribute to the Community!