Praxair Reviews

Updated 12 September 2014
Updated 12 September 2014

Praxair President, and CEO Steve Angel
Steve Angel

Pros
  • A stable company, which is well-respected in its industry, which offers good work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• Secure job, nice people, good benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The main goal of Upper management is to get money to the stockholders (in 8 reviews)

• Outside of not working overtime and being able to take a lunch hour, they don't encourage a healthy work-life balance (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

good company to work with recommended

I have been working at Praxair full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good culture and values recommeded to work

Cons

not global stds has lot of gaps between india and global

meet global stds

aa+

Former Employee - Associate Manager  in  Hyderābād
    Former Employee - Associate Manager in Hyderābād

I worked at Praxair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Gives you an exposure to best Technology & practices of Industry .
    Balanced in growth ,

Cons

slow for personal growth not very aggressive in remuneration

i have well experienced with specialty gas aspects & Safe handling procedures.

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor  in  Bangalore
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Bangalore

I have been working at Praxair

Pros

i got the knowledge about all specialty gasses physical & chemical properties,What ever gasses spread ed in our surroundings now i am familiar with their percentage h0w it is related to us.How to handle with specialty gas leakages,what are the safety procedures we have to take all those training i have completed.i have knowledge about types of cylinders & their specifications

Cons

they were not taking care what v r doing in customer site,They are not giving any further knowledge about gasses not giving any facilities in customer sites ,We are sincerely doing lots of thing in customer site but ur management not at all seeing our work....my self very sad about these things.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Developing

Former Employee - Intern  in  Tonawanda, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Intern in Tonawanda, NY (US)

I worked at Praxair as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work at. Competent people and good salaries

Cons

Some works, if you like challegens might get you bored, if you are an intern.
    That must not occur when you have a regular job, though.

Diversify activities so people get involved and stimulated all the time.

Safety at this company is likely best in the USA

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician  in  Concord, NH (US)
    Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Concord, NH (US)

I worked at Praxair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Long term employment , company supplys safety shoes and safety glasses every year

Cons

Promotions are not very common with hourly employees

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Territory Manager  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I worked at Praxair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Smart people who are great to work with.

Cons

Vacation days and some over management.

Good place for business but not highly technical positions (unless you are in a core business)

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Praxair full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

High salaries, good benefits, good colleagues, training, challenging work, international travel.

Cons

Rigid hierarchy -- workers vs managers, core businesses vs non-core. There is a lot of turnover and a lack of focus -- to many functions. Some business areas are very disfunctional with unqualified staff, a lot of political nonsense, a lot of KA.

Stop thinking that you are better than anyone else.

Disenchanted with creative process and your ability to contribute at lower levels.

Current Employee - Technologist  in  Tonawanda, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Technologist in Tonawanda, NY (US)

I have been working at Praxair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits and time off when you need it. Managers that do listen...some of them at least. A lot of talent to go around. Unlimited sick days with pay so I have been told.

Cons

Can be a tough place to get acknowledged for your hard efforts and "real" world experiences. PhD's think that they are gods and no one at a lower level, such as the Technologists, have any real ideas or possible solutions to help in their research. PhD's and researchers have only school experiences and many times work with blinders on. They just don't have enough general work, play and life experiences.

Not enough recognition to the ground force workers who are the driving force in getting work done on a team. Yes it is a TEAM effort, but many with higher education won't acknowledge the fact. They let their ego's get in the way and think they can solve everything. When in fact they're just chasing their own tails. As a formal Navy Officer, I never lost hope in my junior employees. They all have something to contribute no matter how low on the totem pole. Everyone has something to contribute. We all can be developed to succeed.

Little ideas no matter how small or trivial they may seem DO become big ideas. Ask those with the soft voice because they feel intimidated for their ideas. 98 percent of them may have already been tried. It only took 1 big idea and belief for Apple computers CEO, Steve Jobs. Remember this... You lead, follow or fall behind. Its tough to be in the front leading especially since you forget to look in the rear view mirror and see that you were about to be over come with your single mindedness .... and passed. Listen to those in the back seat. They are the ones who are doing more observation because they don't have to keep focused on what's just up ahead . You just need to listen. I've been told by my wife it's a hard thing to do.

Very great group but overall company organization could be better.

Current Employee - Development Specialist I  in  Tonawanda, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Development Specialist I in Tonawanda, NY (US)

I have been working at Praxair full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very smart, strong engineers that work well together. Also, there is an open door policy with most people and everyone is very friendly and willing to help.

Cons

The overall goals for the company are not straightforward and different groups have different agendas. Collaboration could be better and some of the usual micro-managing in other groups needs to be solved. Promotions seem random and the work flow is a bit too hurried with everyone wanting the answers before analysis is complete.

Need to have a more focused message and have buy-in from everyone. Make decisions based on facts and not agendas. The pay could be better in order to keep the best performers. Sometimes the raises from the best and worst are not that much different. Get rid of the ranking system for promotions/benefits.

Good Benefits

I worked at Praxair

Pros

Benefits and international trips are very good

Cons

Internal politics with in the organization are bad

Worked for Praxair? Contribute to the Community!