Premier Research

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Premier Research Chief Executive Officer Ludo Reynders

Ludo Reynders

Project Associate

Project Associate (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsSmall company with a potential of been a great place to work.

ConsPoor management, lack of respect from management. Con employees with false hope for advancement. Clinical managers are inexperienced, rude, and no one holds them accountable. Line management is a joke, micro managers with no management experience. High turn over rate due to the politics and bureaucrats.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe vision for premier research is not properly executed by those put in charge to do so. Management should be more transparent.

Love, Love, Love it here

ProsCame here after being burned out from my last job. The company has made alot of improvements from my understanding to make it a great place to work. I've been very happy with the changes and my line manager has been great. My travel has been great and I like the benefits very much.

ConsProcesses could be a bit tighter, but that has already improved since I joined.

Disorganized

Senior Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee)

ProsPay, some employees, location, benefits,

Consmanagement, gossip, rudeness, disorganized, lies told.

Advice to Senior Managementpay attention

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Clinical Research Associate

Senior CRA (Current Employee) Milan (Italy)

ProsYou've given the chance to express your ideas and opinions. Ability to work with in rare diseases and paediatric studies challenges you are they protocols are usually difficult and there can be recruitment obstacles.

ConsTraining system needs to be improved. Self-study of SOPs and occasional WebEx is not enough. Great disparity between US and European operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in your employees. Sometimes it feels that teamwork and company culture is lacking. Leadership at the country level needs to be more present and available to their employees.

4 stars in Sofia

Data Acquisition Analyst (Former Employee) Sofia (Bulgaria)

ProsEasy management, great office, nice young people, good career opportunities and nice working hours in my case 11 to 7 PM. One day home office weekly.

ConsVery specific experience which is not always applicable in the local labor market; payment could have been better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management is in general doing a good job, keeping employees in the loop and being fair as long as fairness is possible being a manager on project based teams. There are not enough activities boosting the team spirit so go and organize them.

Great career growth ... not the best pay

Project Analyst (Current Employee) East Hartford, CT (US)

ProsIf you have good ideas and are vocal about them you'll be heard. I was able to do great things at my time with the company. The culture is great too - a lot of great friends that are there when you need them.

ConsPay! The CRO industry is extremely price competitive. Be prepared to be paid about 20% less than you could make elsewhere, and be prepared to be given a larger work load than you'd get elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately I completely understand. Paying employees more means getting a lot less business!

Sr. CRA

Senior CRA (Former Employee)

ProsThe pay was decent and that's the only good thing about this organization and that you actually got paid before you submitted your hours.

ConsThe worst group of Line Managers, CTMs and Directors I have ever worked with. I had a line manager that micro managed and it drove me nuts, she speaks to you like you are a child. While out on PTO I returned to work and out of the numerous emails that I had received more than half were from my line manager alone. Constantly wasting your time while you are on site for non important issues. They employ Clinical Managers who have never monitored before which means they don't know many of the basic monitoring 101 rules. Payroll is located in Europe and they never respond to voice or emails. If you have an issue with pay you have to first go through your line manager who in return will follow up with payroll on your behalf. Not to mention the resourcing staff that's another issue. Management at this company is a big joke and is the reason many folks have left.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmploy Managers who know what they are doing

Pressure

Senior Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)

ProsI love the fact that I get a paycheck bimonthly along with frequent flyer miles and meeting interesting people along the way.

ConsMetrics, metrics, metrics is all I ever hear.

Advice to Senior Managementvalue your employees

Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Silver Spring, MD (US)

ProsWorked with a great management team on my assigned project.

ConsLine management was disappointing. They were not interested when it was brought to their attention that one of the managers on the team could not do their job effectively due to lack of knowledge of position. Significant nepotism; one person in high position brought in, multiple others that person knew were then brought in and promotions among those people abounded.

Advice to Senior ManagementCarefully consider hiring multiple people from the same company.

HARASSED

Senior CRA (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent on-going training, excellent SOPs and WIs.

ConsThe Clinical Managers do not know how to speak or email people in a correct and professional manner. The CMs are down right rude, sneaky, obnoxious, and one was even deceitful! She took a reported I corrected and re-sent to her on the same day it was sent to me and days later, she sent it back to me stating she had made the corrections and for me to just approve it. I emailed her that the corrections she made were worded exactly how I re-worded a part. She then said she only checked a box from yes to no. I reported this and several of these harassing untruths to my Line Manger who was on her side and not supportive of me or the harassment at all. My Line Manager called me and proceeded to yell at me as if I were one of her children. The company's behavior is utterly ridiculous. Also, I was 250% utilized and complained about it for months before anything changed. This company gossips internally which makes people either like you or dislike you. It's not a supportive team environment. It feels like its the CMs against the CRAs. Everyone reports every little thing to your Line Manager without discussing anything with you first.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire new CMs and Line Managers. Also, put measures in place so that people are not harassed. Lastly, the CEO has to act on the email blast that stated, the company will move towards a more cohesive and better work environment! Teach people how to not gossip in the work environment, teach ethics, and how to treat people appropriately which means not to bully them because they hink they can!!!

Worked for Premier Research? Contribute to the Community!