Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros:
  • "Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary"
    in 4 reviews
  • "There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "A lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work"
    in 4 reviews
  • "New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Solid Company

South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people working for Press Ganey are great and the benefits are pretty good. Also the company is very flexible allowing me to work from home when necessary.

ConsThere have been a lot of changes with leadership with some long time employees recently leaving the company. I think these changes could have been communicated better. Another con is that the company has multiple office locations and some workers in the same team never meet in person, which is difficult for building working relationships.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep open the lines of communication so all employees are aware of what is going on.

Not fair accross the board

Account Manager (Current Employee)
South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexibility is great! Great co-workers th a t willing to help. Casual dress code.

ConsA lot of the front line staff are not recognized for their hard work. Inequality within same departments, promotions are not based on anything concrete nor hard work.

Bunch of Monkeys

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsThere is simply nothing. Hope this helps job seekers.

ConsAs you might have guessed from the title bunch of monkeys try to run the show. You will find no trust, no leadership, no commitments but you will find lot of headache for free. Sincere advice is don't trust these idiots.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on dancing Monkeys. No body is going to trust you.

Poor Executive Leadership & Little To No Customer Focus

Executive Management (Former Employee)
New York, NY (US)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsGood products which have been the only saving grace.

ConsShockingly poor Executive Leadership which is uncontrolled and unaccountable, toxic & implosive business environment, blatant disregard for clients and poor understanding of professionalism.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstil professionalism and executive leadership values throughout the executive team. Open guidance for those who are struggling to appreciate the value of the customer. Strong suggestion for venture capital parent company to step in and evaluate day to day actions within the organisation which is leading to such a client and employee dissatisfaction level.

What a horrific place to work!

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis USED to have some great products and a culture which accepted professionalism and honest hard work.

ConsCulture has changed with the new management who have no interest in growing the business or expanding client interest in products and outstanding customer service. In fact, you often hear the management team talk about cutting costs and corners and the client will have to just suck it up. Everyone in the organisation at every level is looking for a new job or is in the process of securing one. Poisonous environment and this management team have managed to choke the life out of a strong company in a year of trying.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave.

CEO and pals haves killed the company

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing.

ConsThis CEO has brought in friends and family and has done literally nothing in the past year to deliver on the changes he spoke of. He has crushed the culture and created a terrible place to work where people are constantly looking over their shoulder in fear of losing their job.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave.

Absolutely terrible, worst placed I've EVER worked.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

ProsBenefits are decent - but this is expressly a deceptive technique.

ConsThere is a lot of initial noise about how great the company culture is and how much they care and take care of their employees. Managers spend a lot of time convincing you there is an open door policy and that they will advocate for you. A lot of promises of upward mobility. This is NOT TRUE. They will throw you under the bus the second they perceive it could possibly be beneficial to them. Managers are two-faced and vindictive, do not offer resources or help when merited. "Upward mobility" is a joke. They do not seriously consider internal applicants. Management is often unqualified and perform poorly; they are not held accountable for errors and complaints are not taken seriously and rarely, if ever, followed through on and often result in punitive actions.

Lower level employees are treated as expendable and an embarrassment - they are relegated to a separate building and apparently new-hires are mandated to telecommute, which the company treats as a "great privilege" when in reality, they don't want to expand office space or expend the resources to accommodate, which is hypocritical since their whole business model is veiled in this "advocate for the little guy" rhetoric.

If you are thinking about working here, consider your motivations, and focus your efforts somewhere else.

too bad the PR doesn't match the reality

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

ProsIn a difficult job market, any job can be a good thing. There is an attempt to be competitive on pay and benefits. Experience here can help you move on to your next position while PG still has a good reputation in the industry.

ConsBloated and ineffective senior management and too few people to do work. We have more "C" level execs than I have ever seen in a company this size. If you have not worked with the current CEO at his prior positions, you are not going to be taken seriously no matter your experience or abilities. New initiatives are poorly planned and executed, and we expend huge efforts trying to make these initiatives work after initial failures. If you are reading positive reviews of this company, you are reading scripted responses from CEO's new team who seem concerned about perception than reality.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop bringing high paid friends and cronies on board while telling departments with severe staff shortages to "make do". Whether or not you hear comments about this - employees see and recognize this is happening.

A poorly executed good idea doesn't differ much from a bad idea in practice. Execution of plans is as important as anything else - stop developing and trying to implement new initiatives until you can figure out how to execute better.

Unappreciated

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

ProsCo-workers are wonderful; lower-level employees really know what teamwork means...

ConsSenior leadership seems so removed from those employees at the bottom.

Was a great company to work for

I have been working at Press Ganey

ProsStill has some great people doing some good things.

ConsVery little incentive to work hard here unless you are one of the chosen few. The leadership has tried blaming previous leadership and made drastic changes but they continue to lose quality people and try to replace them with "resources".

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't just listen but actually make changes. It might be too late.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Press Ganey reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan. All 75 reviews are posted anonymously by Press Ganey employees.