Press Ganey Reviews

Updated 17 October 2014
3.2

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• Still has some great people doing some good things (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Exciting time to work for an industry leader

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Highly motivated associates who care about each other and the work they're doing every day. Opportunity to be involved with challenging, innovative initiatives. Leadership makes a real effort to be transparent and communicate changes. Excellent benefits.

Cons

In the past there have been limited opportunities (at least in my department) for training and professional development. I think that has started to change the second half of this year and I'd like to see continued focus on this area - internal and external learning opportunities for all associates

Continue doing what you've focused on this year - listening to associate feedback and making changes, recognizing accomplishments and communicating our progress today and our vision for tomorrow.

Neutral about Account Manager position

Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great culture, very collaborative, someone is always willing to help, casual work environment.

Cons

New CEO made a lot of changes, trickle down resulted in a disconnect between employees and leadership. Not many opportunities for advancement. They created a few new positions, but it was more of a lateral move.

Go back to the mission, remember the work-life balance that so many employees were so enthusiastic about for years past.

Meaningful mission to improve the patient experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Company is mobilized around mission to improve healthcare. We know what our goals are and what we are working towards as a team. A lot of positive momentum with clients, growing business and expanding into new markets. Inspiring management team, supportive managers, flexible schedules/work-life balance, overall happy I made the move to this company.

Cons

There is opportunity in change and we serve a rapidly changing industry. At the same time, change is hard for some employees to accept. Senior management communication around these changes has improved.

Keep up current positive momentum, continue to communicate to all employees regarding company vision and anticipated changes when possible.

• Managed risk, monitored and controlled project work packages totaling over $3.1 million with a 97% on time success rt.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Too much turn over from senior leadership.

Changing the future of healthcare

Current Employee - Sales Ops in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Ops in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Press Ganey does a very good job of making every employee feel welcomed and comfortable. Since joining Press Ganey, I have been able to meet all levels of management to directors all the way to the CEO. Everyone that works at Press Ganey work hard each day in order to help shape the future of the healthcare industry.

Cons

Most people that work at Press Ganey do not spend every day in the office and most employees will work from home, which can give a very empty feeling in the office space.

In order to create a better office atmosphere weekly office meetings might be helpful. Meetings could have each person in the office share what they are working on. It can be a good way to get people more comfortable with each rather then separated.

Great people to work with and wonderful clients

Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Baltimore, MD (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance). The people I work with are support and we have a great team.

Cons

Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work.

I am very pleased to see quite a few females in the Executive Management Positions and they have all done an amazing job and have been wonderful mentors.

Awesome work environment and friendly peers make this job awesome.

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Wakefield, MA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The work being done is helping real people improve their quality of life as they improve the experience at hospitals around the world. Feel like you are actually making a difference. The environment in the office is very easy going as long as you get your work done. Executives in our office are all very friendly and make the time to connect with everyone in the office which is very different than other companies from my experience.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like with all the acquisitions that the goal is not clear to everyone but the communication has improved a lot with our CEO starting to send more emails that convey what the company is doing and why.

Keep up the communication and keep engaging your employees.

Overall, satisfied with my experience here.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits. Tuition Reimbursement. Some what of Flexible schedule.

Cons

Lack of communication between lower and upper level employees. Favoritism towards other employees.

Communicate and recognize your employees hard work!

Call Center

Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Survey Representative in South Bend, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Bilingual Phone Survey Representative in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great Benefits and Management is friendly

Cons

Low pay based and not much room for advancement into new areas of work. Lots of negativity throughout the call center with unappreciated employees. Too focused on quantity and not focused enough on quality.

The people are amazing, management is running the company into the ground.

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The people are great, the work-life balance is average.

Cons

The management team is the worst I have had to experience. In one of the offices, they make all employees except the C-suites use the back doors so they are not seen. The CEO is completely disconnected from all but about four employees, spending all of his time in a company paid jet. Nepotism is rampant and the family members hired and promoted are not qualified. All of the strong associates are quitting or job hunting because it feels like a sinking ship. The good reviews that you read on glassdoor about this company? Those are written because marketing has made people write them.

Quit.