Press Ganey

Press Ganey Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan

Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people to work with and wonderful clients

Sales (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD (US)

ProsGet the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance). The people I work with are support and we have a great team.

ConsEvery position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am very pleased to see quite a few females in the Executive Management Positions and they have all done an amazing job and have been wonderful mentors.

Changing the future of healthcare

Sales Ops (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA (US)

ProsPress Ganey does a very good job of making every employee feel welcomed and comfortable. Since joining Press Ganey, I have been able to meet all levels of management to directors all the way to the CEO. Everyone that works at Press Ganey work hard each day in order to help shape the future of the healthcare industry.

ConsMost people that work at Press Ganey do not spend every day in the office and most employees will work from home, which can give a very empty feeling in the office space.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order to create a better office atmosphere weekly office meetings might be helpful. Meetings could have each person in the office share what they are working on. It can be a good way to get people more comfortable with each rather then separated.

Awesome work environment and friendly peers make this job awesome.

Marketing Intern (Current Employee) Wakefield, MA (US)

ProsEveryone is very friendly and helpful. The work being done is helping real people improve their quality of life as they improve the experience at hospitals around the world. Feel like you are actually making a difference. The environment in the office is very easy going as long as you get your work done. Executives in our office are all very friendly and make the time to connect with everyone in the office which is very different than other companies from my experience.

ConsSometimes it seems like with all the acquisitions that the goal is not clear to everyone but the communication has improved a lot with our CEO starting to send more emails that convey what the company is doing and why.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the communication and keep engaging your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall, satisfied with my experience here.

ProsGreat Benefits. Tuition Reimbursement. Some what of Flexible schedule.

ConsLack of communication between lower and upper level employees. Favoritism towards other employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and recognize your employees hard work!

Call Center

Bilingual Phone Survey Representative (Former Employee) South Bend, IN (US)

ProsGreat Benefits and Management is friendly

ConsLow pay based and not much room for advancement into new areas of work. Lots of negativity throughout the call center with unappreciated employees. Too focused on quantity and not focused enough on quality.

The people are amazing, management is running the company into the ground.

ProsThe people are great, the work-life balance is average.

ConsThe management team is the worst I have had to experience. In one of the offices, they make all employees except the C-suites use the back doors so they are not seen. The CEO is completely disconnected from all but about four employees, spending all of his time in a company paid jet. Nepotism is rampant and the family members hired and promoted are not qualified. All of the strong associates are quitting or job hunting because it feels like a sinking ship. The good reviews that you read on glassdoor about this company? Those are written because marketing has made people write them.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit.

Good Company Sadly On It's Way Down

Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) South Bend, IN (US)

ProsGreat people, great product, industry leader

ConsSince new management has come on board, all that has been done is to begin hiring anyone and everyone that the new CEO has ever worked with followed by those individuals hiring all their friends. The company has burned through massive amounts of capital and work hours and has produced nothing. The company has made multiple acquisitions for which their has been little to no payoff and one in particular that was almost certainly a buddy buddy buyout.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring all your friends and family. Promote from within and halt the massive hiring of VP's and SVP's that is currently spiraling out of control. Define a single direction for the company and pursue it and stop changing direction every few months.

Rewarding, hard work

ProsEveryone is very dedicated to their work and this leads to very accomplished workers who will do all they can to achieve success

ConsIt is a very corporate environment and can sometimes be very hectic and chaotic, not very laid back despite people being able to work from home

Advice to Senior ManagementEmphasize communication between teams and offices -- lots of people are remote workers or are on the road a lot so it makes it that much more important that everyone communicates with each other

Making a difference in healthcare by leveraging the unique strengths of really great people!

Service Manager (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsThe greatest satisfaction comes from knowing you can make a difference. If you have a great idea, you can run with it with blessings and support!

ConsThere are lots of moving parts and it's tough sometimes to see all the inter-related issues and impact of decisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to push the envelope and innovate to better support our clients. Listen to them, respond to them, remember that we all work for them.

Disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe mission of the organization is meaningful and there are many great people that work there. People often like the work they do. Their core product is strong. Great clients. Good to average benefits.

ConsThe CEO is on a personal power trip and has surrounded himself with buddies who won't disagree with him. Many bad decisions by C-suite and no accountability. Buying companies without successfully integrating. The culture is going downhill. (Many reviews on Glassdoor are fake and written by marketing to improve ratings)

Advice to Senior ManagementClean house at the top and focus on employees. A service organization is only as strong as its people. Don't ignore the talent drain - invest in employee development and culture, and you can turn things around.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!