Press Ganey Reviews

112 reviews filtered by
3.6
Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 6 reviews)

• Press Ganey has a strong history of improving the patient experience (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 6 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Sincere goal to comprehensively Transform Healthcare

Current Employee - Regional Director in Northeast, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Northeast, NY (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

No longer simply the leading "survey company" Press Ganey is now considered a formidable thought leader in the industry having recruited such well respected experts as Dr. Tom Lee and Dr.Jim Merlino. Through development or M&A Press Ganey is making significant investments in strategic solutions that matter to clients. It's personally gratifying to meet with Senior Leaders at client organizations who see us as providing solutions, not just products

Cons

Lots of change-new colleagues,new Org structures,etc...
     It sometimes takes a while to find out who to go to for what as it's constantly evolving. But usually it results in a pleasant surprise as you are introduced to a new Subject Matter Expert or find out that something that a client needs is already under development.

Advice to Management

Schedule periodic "town halls" with just the RD's/ Frontline staff.
    We're the boots on the ground and many of us have been in healthcare a pretty long time and can provide strategic, direct feedback from client Sr. Leaders.

2. I support the Press Ganey frontline associates

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very entrepreneurial company
    Senior leadership is very bright, engaged with clients, and understands this industry
    Client-focused organization
    Great pay and benefits
    A lot of reinvestment back into the business to improve client value realization

Cons

We work very hard (long hours and occassional weekends)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Glass Door Profile has to be Managed Says A Lot

I worked at Press Ganey (more than 5 years)

Pros

There were many great individual who went on to do many great things post Press Ganey. Careers were made both with the organization and outside of the organization.

Cons

Although I had left, once the culture began to head south in terms of employee satisfaction. There has been significant employee turn over in the past 4-5 year. Most of the original employee have left. The management team that has been in place has turned over numerous times in 5 years but company is still profitable spit themselves. The fact that Glass Door reviews needs to be actively managed and most of the reviews that are positive are posted by individuals seeking to increase the Glass Door scores as it was abysmal a few years back.

Advice to Management

Many years ago the culture was a place the fostered growth and was a local company that supported many in the area. It was an extremely profitable organization with a good corporate culture. I am sure it still profitable but the culture died many years ago.

Apr 17, 2015Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry that you felt the company culture has declined. As our company has grown significantly over the last few years, we have experienced a few growing pains. Our ... More

5. I've been with Press Ganey since 2000 and it is only my second place of employment. I enjoy the people and the atmospher

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The flexibility and goals surrounding the company.

Cons

There is a lack of togetherness and teamwork but it is something that is being worked towards.

Advice to Management

Listen to the feedback coming from your employees.

6. There are better companies to find work.

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at Press Ganey full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company aims to change healthcare experience
    Working from home

Cons

Poor management
    Lack of transparency
    Sub-par pay and benefits

Advice to Management

Don't make arbitrary decisions about staff. Care about the product and provide necessary support for the teams to do their job effectively. Make sure employees are treated decently. Hard work is not always appreciated by managers. Bonuses are uneven, even when the company is profitable.

Apr 17, 2015Director of Internal Communications

I’m sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience at Press Ganey. We appreciate your review and wish you success with your next opportunity. I’d like to clarify a few points included in your ... More

7. Good place

Former Intern - Intern in Wakefield, MA (US)
    Former Intern - Intern in Wakefield, MA (US)

I worked at Press Ganey as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

good management, work life balance, good working environment

Cons

I can't find anything that is bad.

Advice to Management

nothing

8. If you care about making a difference in the patient experience - this is the company for you!

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Press Ganey cares about patients - which is evident in our Compassionate Connected Care model. We are about reduction of suffering. I work with people who are mission-driven - who are energized by this vision and want to make a difference in the world - and with our clients/partners. People have certain ideas about consulting companies - and that is NOT us.

Cons

You had better be comfortable with change - and about stepping up to express your opinions. I say this especially to our Morehead colleagues. Get over it - you are Press Ganey now and we are so happy to have you! Apply what you know about culture to help us be better as a company. Your opinion and thoughts are invaluable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. It is making a difference.

Jan 16, 2015Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your thoughtful review. And I agree, we value the opinions of our (former) Morehead colleagues in helping us to employ best practices to strengthen employee engagement.

9. Company that cares!

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Great benfits. One company that definitenly takes care of their employees.

Cons

Hard to work up in the ranks.

Advice to Management

Promote when a promotion is due and not make them apply, interview, etc, for the promotion.

10. Great people!

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Supportive team. Driven and motivated individuals.

Cons

Limited upward movement. Lots of remote employees

Advice to Management

Career growth. Creating a sense of company culture through engaging remote employees

Jan 16, 2015Director of Internal Communications

Thanks for your review. We will continue to focus on professional development this year through the launch of the corporate mentoring program, which will also help engage remote associates who ... More

11. Really is a great company

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Press Ganey over 10 years, through the ups and downs that all companies have, and I have always been impressed with how our staff bands together and always comes out on top. I feel that Press Ganey has become my second family. I know that people here care about me, and want me to succeed. In my time with PG I have been promoted 5 times, and have been able to grow in my career, and I see I have many more opportunities ahead. Along with being able to grow I am constantly challenged. Every day is different, and I find the change and the challenges thrown my way exciting and makes me look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Like any growing company, we have hurdles to over come and our ups and downs. It is how we handle and get through the hard times that make us successful. I know leadership would like to promote everyone and give everyone an opportunity to grow in their careers, but that takes time.

Advice to Management

It is important for front line managers and leaders to promote the culture of PG with their staff. It seems like there are times we are waiting on the CEO, COO to own the culture of PG, and that is not always possible.

Jan 16, 2015Director of Internal Communications

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm glad to hear you have enjoyed a successful career with Press Ganey.