Press Ganey Reviews

Updated 22 August 2014
3.1

Press Ganey CEO Patrick T. Ryan
Patrick T. Ryan

Pros
  • Get the opportunity to work from home and the company offers terrific benefits (vacation/insurance) (in 5 reviews)

• There are still some good people with a moral compass and try to do the right thing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Every position does require a lot of work but you do get recognized for your hard work (in 5 reviews)

• New management has come in and destroyed what was a great company (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Starting to reap the rewards from a lot of change and hard work

Current Employee - Associate  in  South Bend, IN (US)
    Current Employee - Associate in South Bend, IN (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tremendous opportunity to work with our clients to improve the quality of healthcare. After a period of transition, there is a very bright light at the end of the tunnel that is getting closer every day. If we continue to work hard, the rewards are now clear to all of us.

Cons

The recent transition required much hard work and I think perhaps the vision was not always clear to those underneath senior management. Communication at all levels has improved greatly in the past year. Keep that up and keep rewarding effective associates at all levels.

Keep up the improved communication and rewarding effective associates at all levels.

Sticking to a great mission

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for less than a year

Pros

Press Ganey is truly focused on improving the patient experience. Few organizations have the data and front line team to make such a great impact in an important area. There are many great individuals at the company that work hard to achieve the mission and truly care about each other. As an employee, you feel like you can express and implement your ideas without too much red tape.

Cons

Leadership has a tough job staying on top of the market and figuring out where we need to expand to stay competitive. There is a lot of change, which is always difficult. A lot of the employees work remotely, which improves work/life balance but makes it hard to feel daily support from colleagues or simply brainstorm ideas.

Focus on empowering individuals and teams to lead the change that needs to happen. Take a close look at the HR department and recruiting strategy or it will be tough to keep a competitive workforce.

Do not like the direction of the company

I have been working at Press Ganey

Pros

Laid back work environment and fast paced culture

Cons

Too many managers and too few associates

Listen to associates more

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loss of mission, vision and values is damaging those that matter most - the customers (external/internal).

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Casual work environment with benefits (vacation time/insurance). Friendly, educated and helpful co-workers willing to help with tasks. Discount toward gym membership to improve employee fitness/wellness.

Cons

Major disconnect between employees and leadership. Lack of resources and staff to adequately serve the customers. Promotions, if they happen, are rare and typically occur at senior manager/executive level. Huge employee turnover throughout 2013.

Lessons are repeated until they are learned...listen to your employees and implement improvements quickly.

Unrealistic expectations

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  South Bend, IN (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN (US)

I worked at Press Ganey as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Still some flex scheduling/WFH allowed, good people on teams, still some smart people remaining. Can still see a shadow of what the company used to be.

Cons

Bleeding staff off like crazy, low or non-existent raises, management constantly changing focus and promising clients projects on unrealistic delivery schedules. Always having to compromise product quality to get things done under the gun. Cannot hire new staff to cover attrition, or hiring process moves interminably slow if allowed (rarely).

Resign.

Disorganized

I worked at Press Ganey as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Work from home options, business casual dress, decent pay.

Cons

Ambiguous job descriptions; unclear roles and responsibilities. Attended a major conference call that was boring and rather quiet. Then, the CTO jumps on the call and it was as if the seas parted and the sun started shining. Everyone and anyone was trying to get their point or feedback in at any cost. Highly political environment. Several groups withhold information in order to keep system knowledge at a minimum, therefore ensuring job security. Leadership runs and hides when things go bad, leaving front line staff to pick up the pieces or clean up the mess left behind. Lots of good employees left the company in my short time there.

Clearly define roles and responsibilities. Figure out what type of company you want to be. Open the lines of communication. Slow the amount of strategic/visionary changes and let your folks run with it.

Great mission. Lousy vision.

I worked at Press Ganey full-time

Pros

The people are some of the smartest and funniest people I've ever met. Very committed to the job.

Cons

Very top heavy. Lousy management. No clear strategic vision. No transparency. Misogyny runs rampant. Employees not valued.

Hire or develop good management talent. Too often, managers are sharing information inappropriately with subordinates. Managers also play favorites with subordinates who are also friends. There is too much of this going on there, so, those who aren't friends with their managers get the short straw.

Formerly fantastic currently awful

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Co workers, the original mission of the company, the healthcare industry,

Cons

management is extremely arrogant with no results that would justify arrogance, A exemplary culture focused on accountability, mutual respect, customer focused, and employee driven has been destroyed. It seems the current ceo and many of his henchmen/women came from a company where they did not survive the cut

Please resign

Great if you are an executive....

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good experience, I don't do a lot and I get my personal things done.

Cons

Bad pay,I basically am a high paid nanny, maid.

Regional Director

Current Employee - Regional Director  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Current Employee - Regional Director in Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Press Ganey full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great theoretical product space and future in healthcare market

Cons

Poor management skill set with Nepotistic mentality, poor culture- Company has recently hired a number of previous Broadland employees into management and executive position who either never made the cut to work with MedAssets or couldn't make the cut once the got to med assets

Stick with the people who got you here not unethical leaders from other organizations that were let go because the couldn't cut the muster.

Worked for Press Ganey? Contribute to the Community!