ProBuild

Be The First To
Add Photos

ProBuild CEO Robert Marchbank

Robert Marchbank

Pros:
  • "They also pay pretty well, and my department at least had reasonable work-life balance"
    in 3 reviews
  • "The compensation and benefits offered here are extremely generous"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Raises are given to upper management but not to the hard working employees that accomplish everything"
    in 4 reviews
  • "The best talent is leaving and and new good talent doesn't stick around for long"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Fairly Treated but a little hectic

Assembler (Current Employee)
Oklahoma City, OK (US)

I have been working at ProBuild full-time for less than a year

ProsGood Benefits, Management is patient and treats people well

ConsNot much training, you have to kind of figure things out on your own. Long uncertain hours. You get off when the job is done there are no set times.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave some work and safety training programs in place.

Great company to work for

I have been working at ProBuild full-time

ProsGreat opportunity for growth and promotion. Great atmosphere and great people. Outlook for the future looks good.

ConsWork and stress can seem to pile on at times, but you are not given more than you can handle.

No sales trainee program

I have been working at ProBuild

ProsGood benefits
Decent work schedule
Ok paid time off

ConsNo training for new sales reps
Old computer system
stone age business processes

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a training program for you sales trainees or you will never retain them

Sr. Administrative

Administrative (Current Employee)
Dolores, CO (US)

I have been working at ProBuild full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFellow employess are an asset and very reliable

ConsWhen Probuild buys out failing companies that are failing, we tend to get rid of great Probuild employees and replace them with the faililng company employees that we just purchased.

Advice to Senior ManagementProbuild employees are dedicated, keep them around. Get rid of raises and move towards COLAs.

I feel like I am a better business person due to my being employed at Probuild.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at ProBuild

ProsSome great people are employed by Probuild. The problem is that there might be to many of them.

ConsSeldom follow through with financial commitments to associates. Executive management always has the best intentions. They just aren't in place long enough to see it through.

Advice to Senior ManagementBigger isn't always better.....better is better

Stay away... far far away

Denver, CO (US)

I have been working at ProBuild full-time for less than a year

ProsI could not share any Pro's for this company based on the Con's that I experienced. The hourly employees are great, but management is severely unprofessional and does not conduct good business.

ConsTotally unprofessional. Sr. Management lies to you and keeps information from you. They expect someone to know all information regarding company but is unwilling to teach or train you. Good Luck to anyone who is brave enough to attempt to work here.

Manager for Installed sales

Installed Sales Manager (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at ProBuild full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGenerally Good people, Financially sound and willing to do whats necessary to be successful.

ConsVery Corporate structure, allowing Human Resources and Credit department make a lot of Operational decisions.

Great company that cares

I have been working at ProBuild

ProsNot hard work and very enjoyable. Lots of overtime. Management is kind and started where you are at one point

Consnot much room for growth, easy to get lost in the largeness of the company. Have to work lots of hours

Management holds you back and tells you that you need to do more at the same time

Inside Sales (Former Employee)

I worked at ProBuild full-time for more than a year

Prosit is a large company with great benifits. If in a branch with a good manager you should be able to excel.

ConsTo corporate like. It is hard to get an answer to questions. You feel like you and others can't make a decision on your own that you know is right.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare knowledge. Don't be afraid to let people learn in fear that they will know as much as you on how things work. Doing that makes employees feel like they are not living to thier potential and are just drones working only to the level you set.

so good and so bad

Outside Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at ProBuild full-time for more than 8 years

ProsCan be very rewarding in sales, if you are able to land a big account or two. Some locations have great people and teams.

ConsThin margin line ensures we will always hire the cheapest person available and provide the bare minimum training to do the job, resulting in headaches when unqualified people make bad decisions. Then they get fired or quit and we hire... the cheapest person available, and provide minimal training to them...
Sales should spend more time politicking with management to pick up accounts rather than prospecting.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better GM's. I worked for the same fantastic GM twice, would follow him in a heartbeat if he left. Ive had 4 really bad, not qualified GMs as well, all are gone, did more damage than good.

Worked for ProBuild? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ProBuild reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for ProBuild CEO Robert Marchbank. All 85 reviews are posted anonymously by ProBuild employees.