Progressive Business Publications

Updated 30 September 2014
Updated 30 September 2014
4.3

Ed Satell

Pros
  • Casual work environment, realistic bosses usually willing to help out (in 11 reviews)

• Strong record of giving back to the community (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Vacation time, no natural light, company culture could be improved because the company seems silo'd at times between different business units (in 4 reviews)

• Upper management should be given an office (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Found a dimond in the ruff in meadville pa

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Meadville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Meadville, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for less than a year

Pros

What can I say the benifits the outstand posititive attudues in the office no weekends and flexable hours I work a 2nd job at nts in erie and I got appts and jen is so accomadating by the way meadville is number 1 in sales for the company GO MEADVILLE............

Cons

No cons for working here

I happen to find the ad on craigslist for this company I said to my a call center in meadville I'm from erie pa I drive 40 miles to and from got hear saw how small of a contact center is and loved it rene who interviewed me was wonderful and jen the branch manager has a. Awsome personality and the rest of the managers back you up the office enviroment is good I got a great sales agent who sits next to me and enouages me to keep gooing thanks to her I'm doing outstanding so for all the negative comments I read about meadville I don't see it and there is no drug use or any of that so a big shout out to jen and the rest of the managers out thank you for helping me grow out of training thanks I love pbp

Product Manager

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team environment with support from my manager in all aspects of training and job function. Great people and fun, supportive atmosphere.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company. I left for personal reasons.

Not an ethical organization

Former Employee - Sales  in  Malvern, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales in Malvern, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some good people, most of whom are stuck and unemployable elsewhere.

Cons

Dishonesty - with customers AND employees. They spam people about webinars, telemarket sub-standard newsletters/send people to collections for duping them into a free trial, and send out reports and other products that are just re-purposed from other content. Place is filthy, pay was awful, and promises were never kept. Was there for just over a year (shame on me) before leaving. All the good reviews on here are part of an internal effort to offset the organic negative reviews. Note some of the consistencies of recent good reviews, their spacing, and overly praising language.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fair opportunity to prove value and provide meaningful contribution

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time

Pros

There is a sufficient opportunity provided for professional growth, there are impressive philanthropic efforts, and there is an effective use of performance metrics.

Cons

The benefits package is sub-par. There is not a designated individual to handle human resources-related questions and particularly questions related to health benefits coverage. This is a major shortcoming.

Designate an assigned individual to communicate with employees regarding human resources issues and benefits-related issues.

Progressive Business Publications Response

Sep 03, 2014Business Team Manager

We have several people designated to help handle HR and benefits questions. If you are located in a branch, contact your branch manager. If you are located in our Malvern headquarters, you may ask ... More

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Current Employee - Manager  in  Boardman, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Boardman, OH (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Relaxed work environment. Excellent opportunities for advancement with the company. Great choice for people that have other obligations (single parents, two jobs, etc). Write your own paycheck!

Cons

It is a performance type position. It may not be the job for everyone. Sometimes people have to leave because they are over qualified and have to take a position making more money.

Continue constant growth through training and development of every employee. Offer incentives to employees in the form of benefits (410K, profit sharing, etc.).

rewarding

Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager  in  Reading, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative/Branch Manager in Reading, PA (US)

I worked at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

flexible schedule, great people, great pay

Cons

Frustrated at sales standards, the average person cannot excel, company does not cancel subscriptions accurately

lower standards of sales for employees, rent better ventilated office space

Structure, growth and flexibility.

Current Employee - Manager  in  Pottsville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pottsville, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love the hours. No evenings or weekends. The fact that I am able to grow with the company. They promote from within. The training program is outstanding. A great atmosphere! A very supportive culture. The company knows how important we are. I enjoy coming to work every day. Not many can say that.

Cons

I have never run into any cons that cause me to re evaluate my position here.

Management has done an outstanding job with everything.

A positive environment.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant  in  Meadville, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Meadville, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications part-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a very friendly atmosphere. There's always plenty of encouragement from Jen and the rest of the management team.
    Plenty of room for growth!

Cons

i wish that the base salary was higher, though i understand that we get bonuses for good performance.

so nice that the hours are flexible to accommodate life happenings such as appointments, and personal needs to be out early or a day off

Fun experiences to be had. Nice people great enviroment

Current Employee - Branch Manager
    Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedule. No nights no weekends yeaaaa. Competitive environment. Nice people to work for. Always willing to help.

Cons

Definitely have to sit still and focus. Be goal oriented. Willing to handle rejection

Keep doing what you are doing, encouraging people to grow with the company.

Awesome work culture! This company really supports both personal and professional development.

Current Employee - Morning Manager  in  Williamsport, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Morning Manager in Williamsport, PA (US)

I have been working at Progressive Business Publications full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

In addition to the flexible work schedule, competitive pay, and opportunities for advancement- PBP's core values facilitate an environment I'm proud to be a part of.

Cons

Because of the flexibility of the work schedule you have to be self managed. For some, this can different and challenging from what they are used to.

Keep up the good work!

Progressive Business Publications Photos

Worked for Progressive Business Publications? Contribute to the Community!