Progressive Insurance

www.progressive.com

Progressive Insurance Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Progressive Insurance President, CEO, and Director; Chairman and CEO, Progressive Casualty Insurance Company Glenn M. Renwick

Glenn M. Renwick

Pros
  • Management sensitive to work-life balance and work hard to accommodate each employee's situation (in 45 reviews)

• Leadership, customer focus, comfortable work environment with lots of amenities (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Work /life balance was challenging to maintain due to extensive work schedules (in 24 reviews)

• The current infatuation is the customer service score of which a "5" is the Holy Grail (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place to start a career

Central Services Representative (Current Employee) Mayfield Heights, OH (US)

ProsManagers and co-workers are all great! Company treats everyone fantastic! Flexible work hours, can work from home once you are established with the company and in a salaried position, casual dress code, generous time off/vacation/sick days/personal days all rolled together in one pot of earned time off, great opportunities for advancement. Potential for Annual Gainshare bonus for everyone----not just managers

ConsLow starting pay if you have a college degree. Heavy workload in all the salary positions--more than 40 hours a week. Typical office politics.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing! Don't ever do away with Gainshare or the flexible work environment!

Good overall experience. Dynamic workplace environment. Friendly and helpful managers, co-workers and support staff.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood opportunity for advancement, opportunity to travel if so desired depending on job title and requirements.

ConsFast paced environment, must be organized and have very good customer service skills. Must have the ability to accept constant change. Career advancement often times requires frequent relocation.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork/home life balance needs to be a higher priority. Good employees that would do well oftentimes get burned out due to the (at times) heavy work load.

Central Claims Unit Adjuster

Claims Customer Service Adjuster (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsNo shortage of work to be done...lots of growth potential.

ConsPay could be a little better.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep working to improve processes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH (US)

ProsYour voice is heard in the company. If you have a problem with something you can tell your supervisor and you can also get the information to the appropriate person online. There is promotion from within and the company really tries to keep everyone happy

ConsThe starting positions can be difficult. Customer service with insurance is a hard task to do day in and day out. But through all of the concerns the customers have, you develop a lot of knowledge about the actual product you're selling.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should keep doing everything the same except they should set clearer expectations instead of saying well we'll take a look at it or when it happens we'll discuss it further. The guidelines change for insurance, so they should at least have concrete rules that are easily found instead of having to ask multiple people.

Bittersweet

Customer Preservation (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGreat training (if you are a licensed rep), flexible hours, decent pay for a call center

ConsSome managers are abusive, culture is pro-gay and anti-religious

Great Place to work

ProsThe people, the benefits, and the outlook of company.

ConsHeavy workload, some overtime needed.

Contact Center Assistant

Contact Center Assistant (Current Employee) Tampa, FL (US)

ProsThey always give the best care to their employees

ConsAlways tried to help the employess to be a better.

Rewarding

Claims (Current Employee) Rochester, NY (US)

ProsI love the people and the work life balance.

ConsI really do not have any cons.

A good company

Claims Generalist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsStability, gain share bonus around Christmas, the ultimate resume builder, work perks decent benefits.

ConsInsane work load. From my research on claims adjuster in other companies, Progressive has its employees doing so much more to manage claims.

Advice to Senior ManagementDepends on who your supervisor and manager is. Some supervisors are too busy to coach but if they stop to take the time to train newbies right then the less the newbies would have to bother them so much.

Hard Work Pays!

ProsThe company provides a positive atmosphere for learning about the company and how to progress within the ranks.

ConsThe company continues to address efficiency issues, which is great for the bottom line and gainshare; however, not for job security. Every few years you can expect a possible change once you begin reaching higher management levels.

Worked for Progressive Insurance? Contribute to the Community!