Prudential plc

www.prudential.co.uk

Prudential plc Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Prudential plc – Central District – “Prudential meeting room”

Prudential plc Chief Executive Tidjane Thiam

Tidjane Thiam

Good experience, Good Management. Managers & seniors very helpful. A good place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment. If got stuck with any work related problem, someone was always there to help.

ConsNothing to say about. Healthy work environment. Extra curricular activities. Everything was there. Hard to find any Cons.

Good

MT-Analyst (Current Employee) Mumbai

ProsCompany values are strong and good

Conssalary is a bit low

Advice to Senior Managementpersonal growth

Confused Place (I am talking about Knowledge Services only)

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mumbai

Pros1. Better than expected work-life balance
    2. It did feel like a family
    3. Good location if you have a car, or traveling by rick.
    4. Excellent support from the parent Prudential UK.
    5. Employee reviews are dealt well.

Cons1. Pathetic performance by Indian Executive Team. I am talking about 2009-2011.
    2. Pay is not very good... but they are working on it.
    3. Backdated software.
    4. Poor recruitment.
    5. No proper training.
    6. Casual environment does not really help the new people to grow professionally.

Advice to Senior Management1. Try to recruit good people at every level.
    2. Raise the pay in planned manner.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Review of Actuarial Department

Actuarial Trainee (Former Employee) Mumbai

ProsIt's a relaxed work environment and leaves you good time to focus on your other career plans - particularly continuing education. Plus the company provides good support for Actuarial education.

ConsThe career growth is rather slow and rigid.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a market competitive study support for Actuarial.

Company with care and love

Financial Consultant (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsWork-life balance with flexible working hour.
    Team sprit with love and caring team members.
    Job motivations e.g. Year end bonus, travel package.

ConsNarrow customer sources due to personal networking or insufficient client-based activities.
    Highly competitive industry.

Needs to address bullying

ProsCompetitive financial packages and investment in staff. A large company which allows employees room to develop or change their skill set.

ConsA blind eye is turned to senior managers who enjoy bullying, intimidatory tactics. Work / life balance is dismal in these areas and stress levels very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementCloser attention to, and zero tolerance of, areas where bullying and hierarchical rule is routine. Let's protect Pru 's good name.

senior management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFlexible employer who is fair but demands their pound of flesh. Good staff relations and excellent benefits.

ConsIt can be very political at senior levels and is a lot more ruthless at these levels. Heavily regulated which can be frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior Managementremove some of the politics. Encourage people to do the best for the company not what is just right for them.

Prudential plc

Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood Company values, some great people, they invest in their people's training and they have a good renumeration scheme.

ConsQuality of management can be inconsistent, work life balance can also easily start to erode.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the performance management system working properly, should be a fantastic incentive for staff, it's not, it's a chore. Get rid of poor performers, no matter their seniority, quickly.

Great People

Actuarial Intern (Current Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Prospeople are very nice, the office is very good, free coffee free snacks, and every friday we have desserts, yes lala lala lala

Consworking hours are bad for some depts

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

temp service desk agent

IT Service Desk Agent (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

Pros- Pay is not bad as a temp who have not graduated from university, and OT are paid accurately by the agency.
    - Required to work on weekends but is compensated by good remuneration.

Cons- May meet difficult financial consultants but you will get the hang of handling them
    - Everyone is too busy to teach the newcomers, so you will feel lost as a temp during the first two weeks. Thereafter you'll know how things work.
    - Office politics

Worked for Prudential plc? Contribute to the Community!