PwC

3.5 4,306 reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

4,306 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees"
    in 211 reviews
  • "It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting"
    in 109 reviews
Cons:
  • "Work life balance is deviated at times (auditing is always a somewhat seasonal business)"
    in 731 reviews
  • "Compensation seems to be disproportionate given the fact that people work long hours"
    in 725 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

PwC SDC (Tax) : Reservation Vs Talent

Tax Senior Associate (Current Employee)
Bangalore

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNice work environment and seating arrangement.

ConsPwC SDC (Tax) has separate reservation for couples working there. Spouse of managers and Sr. managers enjoys all freedom from working from home, participating in management and knowing their rating even before declaration. HR policies don't work on them.

Spouse of managers/sr. managers don't asked for explanation for their low turn around in office and work. But their growth is never hampered.

General talented pool of employees only comes to work in office but no growth form them. They just get billed over the years.

No work life balance for general employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease be an equal opportunity employer and have uniform policies for all.

Some managers and their spouse's comes to know their rating even before declaration. Is there any HR issues for that ?

One should keep their life and wife both at home. Work place is a place for work and their should be a fair competition between all employees.

PWC International should conduct an audit to see the growth of general employees vs. spouse of managers/sr. managers.

Shocked to see PwC SDC is managed so POORLY in India.

Good for 2 years

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PwC for more than a year

ProsI found good work life balance during my tenure

ConsThere is lack of growth, learning opportunity is less

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Its good working at PwC,

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

ProsIts good working at PwC, there is flexibility in working hours, there are employee blogs and forums which are helpful, the tool intuition is excellent for training

ConsNo negative reviews for PwC Its good working at PwC,

Team Oriented

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInnovative and challenging culture,at the same time progressive

ConsNo such serious issues but working hours can be troublesome

Advice to Senior ManagementGive ample space to junior analyst

Nice MNC experience

I have been working at PwC as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood work culture, work environment, nice exposure,good paying company

Consrequired to strech beyond at certain times

PwC India is a great place to work

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
Calcutta

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than 8 years

ProsHave spent over 8 years in this organization..Your experience will depend on your group..Fortunately for me, I had a great group and an excellent Executive Director..the organization has strong knowledge base and is focused on development of its employees...also recently launched some great HR initiatives..good focus on diversity and gender equality..being a consultant who has to travel frequently, have to say this company has excellent work life balance

Consrecently have become too KPI focused which is demotivating for employees..otherwise nothing much to crib about

Advice to Senior ManagementMeeting all the KPIs is humanely impossible..cut some slack

pwc

Human Resources (Current Employee)
Mumbai

I have been working at PwC full-time for less than a year

Prosits great place to start your career by having tremendous learning opportunity , friendly environment ......

ConsFlexible working Hours should be introduced....

Advice to Senior Managementnothing as such...

transfer pricing analyst

Transfer Pricing Analyst (Former Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana

I worked at PwC full-time for more than a year

Prosbig brand is all that it has to its credit

Consmost unprofessional company, no work life balance, partial managers, no career development opportunities, arrogant managers, limited access to the senior mngt, most unprofessional HR staff, not accessible at all, promotions not at all based on performance, v high attrition rates

Advice to Senior Managementpls take a look at the cons, you'll know what to do

Became worst from pleasant

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)
Bangalore

I worked at PwC full-time for less than a year

Pros- The technical pool is awesome and they do hire smart developers/Engineers, in the proprietary software, comparable to the engineers working in other famous company, named thought works who hire open source developers/Engineers.

- Technical training program for the employees is indeed something which the Indian IT service industry must learn from them.

- This is the only company, where Employees do create Proof of Concept, even though, lot of politics is involved there also, but better than others where I have worked earlier.

ConsNow the bad part:

-> The management is worst, because the actual management which presides here is of bearing point. Many people get confused by the PwC name.

-> They have very weird work distribution, and even the talented people are made to fill excel sheets and other data entry work, who otherwise, can learn new programming language, and create new projects.

-> Always compared with the China centre, that they can do this, why we don't do this, reminds me of school days and the neighbourhood days.

-> The reason to leave the organisation is also weird, as they say that you are not coming to office on time, even though there is no HR policy on timings.

-> Speaking with managers in cafeteria with a friendly attitude is seen as cajoling.

-> Some of the people have pathetic English speaking abilities, the organisation must make an effort to improve the communication skills of the employees, including presentation along with verbal and written.

-> As I have written above, that work distribution is very bad. The bench time of the Employees/Engineers can be utilized by making them to work on projects which they like.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management must listen to the Engineers on the future trends of the technology, and what business value can be added. The company is fine with their bench strength, but poor management policies and lack of vision is killing the talented people. Kindly do not treat Engineers as workers, but as thought leaders.

good org to work for

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Gurgaon, Haryana

I have been working at PwC full-time for more than a year

Prosplenty of projects in pipeline, good exposure

Conspartner driven , brand rapport

Advice to Senior Managementplease chill out

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!

PwC Videos

PwC – Why Work for Us?

Imagine the power of 160,000 people with a common purpose — building relationships that create value for you and your business. This is PwC. Every day, our people work with you to build the value you are looking for… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PwC reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for PwC CEO Robert Moritz. All 4,306 reviews are posted anonymously by PwC employees.