PwC

Updated Jul 25, 2014

3.5 4,732 reviews

PwC US Chairman & Senior Partner Robert Moritz

Robert Moritz

Pros
  • Work life balance worked very well and they have some solid benefits for employees(in 234 reviews)

• It is a great place to start your career if you want to stay in accounting(in 115 reviews)

Cons
  • Also work life balance is very difficult to achieve until it gets to the problem stage(in 801 reviews)

• Long hours during busy season but thats to be expected at any audit firm in the city(in 784 reviews)

4,732 Employee Reviews

Could have been better

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Mumbai

Prosdecent work-life balance, friendly office culture

Consunclear organisation strategy, changing organisation structures

Advice to Senior Managementbe transparent about organisation strategy

Its better than the others

ProsThey care for the individual growth and professional in approach

Consthey are system driven and not open to change

Challenging but unstructured

ProsChallenging, fast paced, wide exposure across practice areas. Good learning place. Communication is age neutral. Ready access to partner n director.

ConsUnstructured. Bandwidth is an issue in most teams. Some corners are rife with politics. Appraisals need to be transparent.

Advice to Senior ManagementBandwidth needs to be proportional to the responsibility levels. Appraisals need to be transparent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company if your skill sets are among the verticals

ProsWork life balance
    Lot of initiative to retain staff
    Employees friendly organisation by human resources and nice initiative of year end breaks and flexibility

ConsNot much challenging project if you are not part of any major competency then you don't have proper work profile.You are just a billing resources.
    Lot of stereotyping and partiality towards employees of particular regional bais

Advice to Senior ManagementShould focus in developing capabilities in emerging technologies and focus more on better margin implementation.

Few Likes, Many Dislikes

Technical Lead (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsOver my 4 years at PWC SDC, Bangalore below few notices.

- Cool Place to work
    - Good Work Life balance
    - Retirement like company, No much pressure.
    - You will be utilized around 7 to 8 months a year on an average and the rest is all bench.
    - Scope for new technology
    - Just above the average salaries in the industries
    - Good Short Term Onsite Oppty's (Just to northern states of USA)
    - Insurance is real good in India.
    - Good Chance to involve in COE and other practice development initiations
    - Good fun at work and many yearly events and occasions.
    - Good competencies in all technologies and professional.

Initially, I felt like leaving the organization as there are lot of issues with the management. I was not able to digest the policies and management microscopic management after working withe other CMMI 5 level companies. Later, after having thorough study on the internal management, understood that they need the followers and just followed what they say... Surprisingly, things followed well and could continue staying till now...

ConsMany in list as we see in Pros.

- Management shows favoritism and Partiality
    - Not an equal employment opportunity provider.
    - works well for the management followers and very limited project.
    - Experience grows but not the expertise.
    - After working long, you will not fit to any good organization
    - Onsite travel policies are not good at all.. not a place for onsite
    - While in notice, treating employees is not good
    - Management does not interfere in any project related activities..
    - It is more like a body shopping company.
    - Onsite insurance is mere waste.
    - Reimbursement process is not easy and is a great inconvenience for professionals.
    - All projects are partner based.. more focused on billing, and margin.

So, SDC has equal pros and cons. Up to the individual to decide. Somebody who is a technology freak this is not a good place. If somebody likes a cool place irrespective of the work, this is a place. Job is stable for full time guys. Follow with your manager and enjoy your stay.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe single point of truth for all employes. Be transparent. Destroy the hierarchy with in the organization. Be open for suggestions and ideas on the young engineers.

Good.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood work environment & work-life balance.

ConsExtreme work pressure & low compensation.

Brand is good and prestigious but not the management

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsIt is completely on US market, so you will get any VISA...B1, L1 or H1 but on site policies are not good at all

ConsIn ERP, its purely regional feelings and micro management. I hope if the management changes, PWC brand name will be protected. In ERP, mostly Tamili domination and mostly Tamil speaking people will get promoted. Promotions, hikes etc will depends on client feedback. There is no criteria to judge the candidate capabilities and skill set. If the Manager is happy/with good rapo, then the future is good for you, if not its all on our fate... so I feel , if they change or introduce better policies to judge the candidate in all aspects, then it will be good for the company.

Amazing

PwC Assurance Associate (Former Employee) Calcutta

ProsWork culture of PwC has always motivated me to work diligently.

ConsThere are scope of betterment in the work life balance of the emplyees.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould be more thoughtful before implementing new policies.

Good experiance

Tax Associate (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana

ProsGood exposure , other things that i want to stress about is good leadership team. Though at times it has been stressfull.

ConsWork life balance is there to some extent, at times you have to abide by unrealistic deadlines, but if the teamleader is supportive, its actually fun.

Learning

Tax Analyst (Current Employee) Bangalore

ProsPwC is a great place to work. People Managers are very cooperative as are other employees.

ConsDepends on your manager. May need to work for long hours even though there is actually no work.

Worked for PwC? Contribute to the Community!