PwC Reviews

6049 reviews filtered by

1. Consultant

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at PwC as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Contracting it the worst part

Cons

The facilities to permanent employees are better

2. Bureaucratic organisation

I worked at PwC

Pros

- Brand
    - Reputed clients are services
    - Experienced staff
    - Knowledge database

Cons

- Hierarchical structure
    - Lack of recognition for work

3. Struggling to get business in the pipeline

I worked at PwC

Pros

Brand Name is still strong in the job market

Cons

Practice floundering
    No work in pipeline - too much benching
    You need to be a Bengali to rise up the ladder

Advice to Management

Clean up the Top, get the right guys in

5. OK Company to work but no good Projects

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Calcutta
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Calcutta

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Work Life Balance is good

Cons

As a senior resource you need to travel different locations

Advice to Management

Consider and interact with all resources while taking decisions.

6. Not worth as much as it looks from the outside

Former Employee - Consultant in Calcutta
    Former Employee - Consultant in Calcutta

I worked at PwC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At one point of time, PwC used to be a really good payer compared to other consulting companies. But those glorious days have gone as the company has lost most of its elite customers and left with just a handful of government projects that don't pay in time or pay at all.
    You get a subsidized meal at office.
    Recently they have started organizing team offsites that seem to be really enjoyable.
    Also, recently they have started giving off a 10 day vacation at the end of the year.

Cons

Challenges? Everything. From handling a super charged political environment in the office to staying back late to impress managers to regularly coming on weekends to office, everything is a challenge. Most of the projects that I knew existed, had been taken off due to lack of delivery abilities as they were won on the basis of promising unrealistic estimates. Don't think of this company if work life balance matters to you, you cannot have it till the time you have fought for it :P

Advice to Management

Get some decent projects first and get to the root level to see and discuss what the employees really look forward to. Holding townhalls really don't help as the anonymity of the employees are not maintained which is why they fear to give an honest feedback about the company.

7. Good Place to work

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Good Brand Name, Excellent client base, transparent hr policies.

Cons

Work life balance is a problem

8. Variety of work

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Personal Touch among employees including partners

Cons

Underdeveloped market focus might impact growth

Nothing is good except the brand name

I have been working at PwC

Pros

Not even 1 thing except the brand name. Managers do not behave in a humane way and employees slog

Cons

No work life balance...long hours...people are always ready to pull you down whenever they can...manager makes us book wrong number of hours I.e. Even after working for 10-12 hours normally we are not allowed to book more than 8 hours in system...works exactly in a indian way

Advice to Management

Kindly make sure that managers behave in a humane manner and integrate Ipower with access card data so that the managers don't make their employees book incorrect time. Also try to pay more attention to smaller locations like Ahmedabad where such illegal and malpractice are very prevalent.

PwC SDC Bangalore(EGL & Exora) - Worst company - CMMI - Level 2

Current Employee - SSE - Associate(Microsoft Technology) in Bangalore
    Current Employee - SSE - Associate(Microsoft Technology) in Bangalore

I have been working at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Brand name of US company PwC( this is actually illusion, its kind of franchise and back office to do documentation work)

Cons

- SDC acts a very cheap offshore team for PwC USA which throws JUNK documentation work or some minute works to be done.

- They advertise themselves as PwC but not even one PwC policy is implemented and the entire culture is of Baring Point consultancy which was a junk company about to close and PwC acquired it.Though PwC acquired it, it is still being manged by baring point folks and it has its own HR and other policies which suck (Not PwC policies.).

- There is nothing PwC in PwC SDC except the name which they keep shouting brand brand brand

- No rewards, no outing parties.

- No transportation facility

- Managers are so dumb that they start hiring a technology person if client named a technology but once the project starts hired person will get to know that technology is no way related the project and client have used it in past. Manager will ask to work on the excel or whatever client ask even if is not related to your technology.

- Don't join this company if you have similar offer in any other IT company. This company don't have any career growth. Most of things are fake.

- Projects ? there are no projects here at all, All projects run in the USA and they will throw small tiny non challenging monotonous work here which will be our project! sorry sorry Task !

- Technology wise they don't know anything at all , they don't know the market because they can never get project themselves, that is there model : PwC US get projects , throws some junk work to PwC SDC bangalore. PwC SDC Bangalore can by itself cannot find projects , that is there working model.

-The directors - they are a laughing stock many of them don't know to even communicate properly in English.According to them you should work on anything then only you will grow.Complete idiots.

Advice to Management

Hire a good director who at-least know how to communicate to employees. Employees feel poor when he says "you are here, not because of your talent but because your friend did not apply - you are lucky" in Induction program of company (70+ people attended). Actually I know now why he said that.
    My friends are luck because they did not apply here and its my bad luck I did.

I don't know how this office gets its CMMI level 5. No process, on the fly policies, make it work kind of attitude (no documentation).

11. Dynamic and Energetic

Former Employee - Tax Associate in Mumbai
    Former Employee - Tax Associate in Mumbai

I worked at PwC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great training sessions for your job profile, good learning experience in Indirect taxation - we had opportunities to engage with Fortune 500 clients. Also had to interact frequently with Head of Taxation, and these interactions provided hands-on learning in Taxation.

Cons

Middle tier managers would sometimes encourage un-necessary long working hours. This resulted in a bad work-life balance, at times. Also, a major re-structuring occurred in early 2010, and most of our teams switched jobs to the competitor, thereby leaving gaps in responsibilities.